REAL LINUX PHONE

Intex Aqua Fish running Sailfish OS is available for purchase in India for Rs 5,499, or about $82.

Other urls found in this thread:

jolla.com
turingphone.com
youtube.com/watch?v=6Niu7u1Jo6Q
change.org/p/bring-the-intex-aqua-fish-in-europe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

specs are shit right? because anything for those subhumans ends up being utter shit

Sup Forums is filled with faggots who talk the Linux talk but don't want to walk the walk. They enjoy sacking Google's cock.

They're actually not too bad. The OS is Finnish and Linux-based, so there's no currycode either

>muh specs

What a faggot.

Do you even Linux?

>It features a 5 inch, 1280 x 720 pixel IPS display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, a microSD card slot, an 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, and a 2,500 mAh battery.

>The phone supports 4G LTE, features dual SIM card slots, and has 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and FM Radio capabilities.

All phone are made in either India or China.

Linux is an usable OS outside of servers/supercomputers.

t. ex-Arch and Debian user. Just stick with Android if you want a usable phone.

can apps made for android 4+ work

Turing Phone also runs Sailfish OS

Fake and Gay

jolla.com

turingphone.com

Suck more Google dick faggot

Sources to buy from?

Yeah, but it's uglier than your wife's boyfriend. The internals are great, but whoever design the outside of the phone should be executed.

Also 5.5 inches is a bit too big for comfy use, and I am not even a manlet.

You are out of luck, if you live in the Land of the Free. Unless you want to buy it from a "reputable" re-seller from India.

Link to pajeet merchant please
Burgerland has failed me once again

>Intex
What, the same group that make inflatable pools and boats?

Try eBay. There are a couple of sellers there. ~$200.

Intex is an Indian electronics manufacturer, if I am not mistaken. I can't comment on quality, but probably mediocre.

Too bad hardware is getting outdated.

Yeah, 720p in 2016 is pretty crap. the phone still werks smooth, based on reviews, so it doesn't need the latest and greatest, but it would have been nice anyway. More RAM and storage are almost mandatory.

The fact that you can't get these phones anywhere in America only makes me want to get it more

It's a tiny company with limited resources.

Will it even work in Murica? I bet that Verizon cucks can't use it, even if they wanted to.

Verizon people can't use unlocked phones in general if I'm not mistaken, because their not GSM

What software does this sailfish meme have? Can i run openvpn, shadowsocks, openconnect? Mail with pgp, f.lux, RDP, Skype, Signal, Wire, Plex, Syncthing?

>tfw no sailfish os for nexus 5

Ask nicely on maemo.org forum. Quite a few Indians posting there these days. They may be able to buy one for you.

It's fucking Linux. Native Linux. It can run anything that your Linux computer can.

Seeing how it's less than $100, expecting a 1080p+ screen, a Snapdragon 800-series SoC and 4GB of RAM is more than a bit unrealistic.

I don't even have a choice sometimes since I have the sense of direction of a dead cat. I need google maps since I tutor on the side. Besides, phones are already devices that are not private by definition. I hate Android, but every single alternative is shit. I'd love something crazy like a Debian mobile or some shit, but that isn't happening anytime soon.

This is the best you can get. If you're serious about Linux, don't even think twice.

It's a fucking phone. And it should have actual apps for basic tasks. I'm not going to to use terminal to send fucking gpg signed email.

Why not? Terminal on a phone sounds pretty comfy

it's not, i love the terminal on linux, i use it for everything, but on a phone, you type with the screen, it's hideous.

>meme
Fuck off. I've been tracking Sailfish development since 2013 and it's not a fucking meme.

It has fucking apps you fucking idiot. Go look at the fucking app selection before you make a fool of yourself.

Why is neo-Sup Forums so retarded?

I was wondering what happened to this company yesterday and then this

You mean to tell me a snapdragon phone is x86?

Sucks.

No fucking idea. I'm almost considering leaving Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Niu7u1Jo6Q

I paid 400€ of original Jolla.

It will have no apps. It will basically be worse off than windows phone in that department.

Do you even know what Sailfish is? It can run Android apps with no performance loss.

Aside from being able to run .apks, it also has access to two Android app stores. I think that the Amazon store is also an option.

It's fine for apps.

I did too. I sold mine for €180 about a 18 months ago. I was hoping for a new phone to come but nothing came. I'll try to get one of these to play around with.

Did you even try to have a point there? The original Jolla phone came out almost 3 years ago and back then that was more or less in line with what other similarly specced devices cost.

Can it run apps that use vpn, bluetooth, sms? Yep it cant.

if this costs more than 50€, it's shit.

you can get refurbished amazon firephones with snapdragon 801 for 60€ in germany

Poo in loo here, should I fell for the meme?

Nigger buy me one, I'll wire you the money through paypal or something

Then gtfo from this thread you Google cum guzzling faggot

It can and does. Keep crying faggot.

Ok man just drop your email, I'll contact you tomorrow it's 1:30 am here already, gotta go to bed

What about Tizen?

Can you use it with fresh shit on your hand? This is common in India.

>720p display
>8mp camera
>2gb ram
>2500 mAh battery
>n wireless

wtf is this, 2014?

But android is based on Linux too

maybe they could create backplates for it that have air fresheners in them, like a scented back-plate.

Give or take

>rupees

go away, indians

No thanks, I'll stick with BB10OS

It's $82 you dumbass, what do you expect? Are you really this braindead?

[email protected]

Don't screw me over plz :^)

At least I dont think that's except-able this day and age.

Go tend to your smoke signals grandpa

Dope

atleast 410, 212 is shit, that can't compete with cheap as dirt MTK6580

You seem to think that your opinion counts, dumb refugee

Man I really don't give a fuck about phones, I use a dumb phone myself.

Next time I'll probably buy one of these

>Muh speczz
I'm not a turbo normie, I only use a phone to answer or receive calls and texts

change.org/p/bring-the-intex-aqua-fish-in-europe

I've heard about Sailfish running on Wayland but it also can run Android apps?

Interesting.