Well I need to tell you that Manjaro is the most stable distro I ever used

Well I need to tell you that Manjaro is the most stable distro I ever used.

It also has the best and (literally) bug-free KDE of all distros out there.

I had a long history of different distros and DEs with much headache and incompatibility with my laptop but then I found the best thing.

God damn I feel so proud of that small Manjaro team making this distro so good and optimized.

I highly recommend to anyone seeking KDE environment and maybe a gateway to Arch.

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/694157/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the most stable distro ever
>we didn't renew our SSL certs, just change your system's date/time to before it expired xD

I remember that meme. You are pathetic for trying to discredit me by using that stale stupid meme. I've been using Manjaro since January, zero problems encountered. I almost myself dont believe this.

>It also has the best and (literally) bug-free KDE of all distros out there

You're an idiot. Manjaro does nothing to contribute to KDE Plasma, nor do they fix any bugs or anything relevant.

>God damn I feel so proud of that small Manjaro team making this distro so good and optimized.
They're piggy-backing off other people's work and adding a new wallpaper and theme.

Lol, Manjaro team optimizes KDE to work flawlessly with Manjaro distro. Its not their fault that KDE team is bunch of faggots. You are literally implying that every distro out there just copies KDE from KDE developers and never tinkers with it to optimize it for their distro. It happens that Manjaro does it the best.

>tried once
>routine update
>shut down
>won't boot

This happened with shitty mint too. Why do those meme distro even exist?

I hope you're using the openrc version

i came from arch
do i go back

I am not, I am not yet convinced that systemd is that bad thing. I am not yet that knowledgeable about this subject.
What ever works best for you. I just wanted to help some hopeless people because I know the pain.

I have tried manjaro, but I found that it has more problems than I personally had when I used arch.

But I agree that new kde has fewer problems than old kde.

Name some of those "Optimizations".

have they added calendar functionality to the new widget?
So you can add and view meetings and stuff?

>I am not yet convinced that systemd is that bad thing
Enjoy that period of naivety before you try to troubleshoot something concerning it
Quite literally the same shit except clunkier kernel shenanigans

I'm liking Manjaro right now. It's stable and familiar to what I've been using. I think I'll stay. Thanks though.

>It also has the best and (literally) bug-free KDE of all distros out there.
That's not Neon KDE.

Neon KDE is literally useless at everything else however

>Manjaro does nothing to contribute to KDE Plasma,
Can anyone really succeed in this? LWN article suggests the KDE guys went off into the weeds and started huffing.

Oh, and you try fixing KMail2. Then tell us all the abuse you get. If you thought this place was autistic you have not met with KDE.

don't think so
i just use it as a calendar to look at
it's pretty dumb because i also can look at the date and time at the bottom but ok

the kde4 calendar had this essential feature, why haven't they fixed it yet? It has been a year.

Enough is to say that Fedora was the worst experience for me. From basic and obvious texture breaking and clogging of UI and icons to long boot times and hardware issues mostly concerning GPU.
I think you misunderstand my point, I am not shilling for Manjaro , I am just sharing my experience from the last 2 years and concluding that current Manjaro KDE is the best KDE and very stable for work too.
Kubuntu was distaster also, but I didn't use that for almost a year. I used xfce the most of my linux time.
I am always open to learn more about linux world, it's just that my work and other things are keeping me busy because I need shitty money for life...

>I am just sharing my experience from the last 2 years and concluding that current Manjaro KDE is the best KDE and very stable for work too.
Nice, so now it's at least stable in its suckiness. Give me Xfce or give me death

If I had time and skill I would focus on helping Xfce and fixing every single little anoying thing. It really is the cleanest and fastest shit but Xfce team is not doing much innovative stuff. I dont know if they are lazy or they dont give a fuck about this beautiful project but thats the reality.

I remember when I used Xfce with Kwin manager, I made some kind of hybrid DE trying to mix best things (IMO) from both DEs and it was great for the time.

th only community that helps the useless KDE devs is openSUSE,as they received a lot complains in Leap 42.1

I tried Manjaroa a few weeks ago and it fucking sucked. They fucked up Plasma beyond all recognition and their package manager is shit. Not to mention that they have literally nothing to do with KDE

>Arch master race

What annoying things exactly? After a bit of tweaking here and there the only explicitly annoying thing I meet daily is the unsatisfactory way multi-monitor setups are handled, but all non-KDE desktop environments have that in common.

I used it for a while and it was a broken mess

>All USB devices set to autosleep, have to be disabled by setting a switch in a file for every single device and keeps re-enabling itself
>certs always expired breaking pacman and the wiki
>bad AUR compat
>smaller older repos than Arch

but there were a few things I liked

>the hardware/driver manager
>the custom kernel install/selection tool
>nice themes all around
>great installer too

I'm glad it works on your machine and I hope the project matures

Already in Plasma 5.7 and already in Arch repos, works pretty much the same as Manjaro.

Antergos KDE vs Manjaro KDE? Has anyone tried KDE on both distros? I'm currently on Antergos Gnome and it's pretty great, but I've always wanted to try KDE. When GTK 3.20 came out, many GTK programs had glitches on KDE and I gave up on it. I would like to know what it's like now.

KDE problems mostly stem from hardware rather than omnipresent KDE bugs as such.

ANTERGOS, the only "based-on" distro i'll ever use, Manjaro is not a gateway to Arch, it even has release cycles.

Well, I never had any hardware related bugs.

Thanks. I guess it all comes to individual experiences with given distro/DE. It really sucks that same thing won't work same on different machines and then we end up arguing about which distro is better when we are actually blinded by personal experience.
For me it was the struggle I had with nvidia optimus technology and overall small things that really triggered my autism, to name a few:
Most window themes would not put the X button in the corner of the screen in a sense that when I just move cursor to corner I could close window without looking at X button or aiming on it.
Similar issues with scroll bar in browsers.Scrollbar would not go perfectly against right edge of the screen, there would exist 1px of empty space between bar and edge making the user to aim again for it.
Whisker menu that I liked so much for its minimalism and speed never had the search option to search all files on my machine.
Screen tearing actually never triggered me but many people despised Xfce for it.

I cant stress enough realy how much I love Xfce and the idea behind it. Being minimal and blazing fast. It just needed a little bit of rework (mainly on window manager and rendering) that will most likely never see the day.

The fuck?

fedora with gnome 3 is fine
get a supported graphics card from this decade and it should run fine.

It's just updated KDE on top of LTS ubuntu. How can it be bad at everything else?

s/from this decade/from this decade that isn't AMD/

Manjaro is rolling release hybrid(in a way that some packages are held back for security/stability check). It is perfect gateway to Arch, bleeding edge and pacman world.

Fedora has shit support for graphics drivers. My install broke like every other week when I was using fedora because of it.

There is that word "ubuntu" again.

fedora only has the open sauce drivers out of the box, you need to add rpmfusion for the proprietary ones.

No, that's the problem user. The non-free drivers always tank your system.

>KDE problems mostly stem from hardware rather than omnipresent KDE bugs as such.
Wat?

Your lack of brains is a bioware problem that can't be fixed.

Hey, why do you prefer kde? Did you try a lot of
distro under gnome and kde? Because i'm thniking about trying linux, and i don't really know what are the mains differences beetween both and why some prefer gnome and others kde :)

>Most window themes would not put the X button in the corner of the screen in a sense that when I just move cursor to corner I could close window without looking at X button or aiming on it.
Isn't it simpler to just run xfwm4 borderless when maximized? That's what I do, it saves vertical space and most windows are quicker to close with ctrl+q or ctrl+w.

>Similar issues with scroll bar in browsers.Scrollbar would not go perfectly against right edge of the screen, there would exist 1px of empty space between bar and edge making the user to aim again for it.
Xfce-dawn and xfce-dusk styles I think were responsible for the scrollbars, I use dusk, it hugs the screen edge and it's fucking cash.

I've got the same screen-edge alignment autism as you by the way. So many DEs don't align their taskbars with the edge it pisses me off greatly. Enlightenment would be my DE of the century but they had to fuck it up on a trivial issue like this.

>Whisker menu that I liked so much for its minimalism and speed never had the search option to search all files on my machine.
Combine it with angrysearch or that other newer loonix alternative for perfection.

I used to prefer KDE because the Gnomes went off into the weeds deleting all useful features to make something like Lego Duplo.

Now KDE is off into the weeds and wrecking software while inventing garbage excuses like and Read more about the sorry mess here:
lwn.net/Articles/694157/
This gem is just awesome:
>Yes the Internet is not broken! I was already surprised that I have not seen any comment on my blog post, on Phoronix and on reddit, saying that we only put blame on others and are stupid. Thank you, you put the world complete again.

And also trying to shift focus:
>Given the comments from bug reports saying that this is not like that on GNOME, they either ignore it or run applications not having that problem.

Desperate.

Even more on the Phoronix site about the KDE attitudes.

It's not an invented excuse, dipshit, but a reality. There is hardware that simply does not function right with KDE and causes all kinds of weird behavior that does not occur on all hardware. Go cry on someone else's shoulder about "KDE attitudes".

>Every other environment works fine on this hardware
>So the bug must be with the hardware and not KDE

:)

No, no, no! Fedora 23 had all kinds of issues with memory leaks, fonts resizing themselves out of nowhere, graphics card drivers, you name it. I like dnf as a package manager though, so I tried Korora, things went to hell with that too. Fedora seems to only work for people with some magical hardware combo. I wish I had that combo.

It's a fact, like it or not. I'm also sure you've extensively tested all environments, not. If KDE doesn't work on your mongoloid hardware, don't use it, but being a crybaby about it doesn't change the reality.

Try to explain. And without resorting to astrology.

Thanks in advance.

I'm convinced you've never used Linux if you don't believe that drivers can cause problems with a desktop environment.

My GTX 750 would cause permanent hangs and crashes in Plasma 5 with both Nouveau and proprietary. It was unusable. Then I switched to a cheapass HD 6450 to use the open source Radeon driver, and I haven't had any crashing or screen tearing whatsoever. Drivers are a constant struggle with Linux.

Was using Manjaro KDE about a year ago, never used Arch before. Felt pretty fast and pretty on my laptop, liked the programs like the pacman frontend or whatever it was. The constant updates broke the OS though and I didn't know enough to fix it. Switched to Ubuntu Gnome but half of those plugins didn't work properly.
Now back on Kubuntu and pretty happy with performance and the feel of the new KDE.
Wifi connection seems less stable than on previous Ubuntu Gnome though, but I can live with it.

>anyone seeking KDE environment and maybe a gateway to Arch.
This

I thought Kubuntu is still total mess. Glad to hear that it works for you.

Why not use Arch?

This. Something about Fedora doesn't like these drivers.

werks for me (24)

except i3, that shit doesn't work at all

Needed a stable shit bcs I was in the middle of work but still wanted to feel pacman and other Arch features. I wanted to switch to Arch eventually when I get the time to fully dive in.

That's because it's Arch-based. Too bad it won't even boot on my Skylake laptop because they only use Kernel 4.4 as default while their base is already on 4.7.

I dont understand. Cant you change and install new kernel?

Not if it won't even boot you dipshit

Hehe I know

what distro is that?