>Close application
>Are you sure you want to exit?

>Close application
>application minimizes

>Close application with unsaved data
>Application closes without a peep

>open up CMD on windows in the library
>"omg user are you a hacker?!"

>Can't recognie 'ls' as an internal or external command, or batch script.

>neo Sup Forums

>Close application with unsaved data
>Application closes without a peep
Blender does this but automatically makes a backup of your last open file.

That's completely acceptable imo

>this thread is shit, guess I'll post in it rather than make a better one

>non-free software

What grinds my gears is that people hate the GTX 960, even though it is an excellent general purpose card with great drivers for emulators using OpenGL and also includes 4K HEVC hardware decoding.

>That's completely acceptable imo
Most people complain about it anyway since they don't know about that feature.

People like this:

retarded "tech" youtubers like linus, awesomesauce and that Jayz2Cents.

These guys are so cringy with their clickybait thumbnails and unprofessionalism as well as un-objective tests and benchmarks.

And just in general, these people don't seem very smart.

Ofc there are also good ones like digitalfoundry, but most of these channels just suck.

People that who downgraded to Windows 10 and attempt major damage control by saying it's good when it's a buggy broken mess

Sup Forums

Any good JS tutorials? I already got the Java compiler but I don't know what to do with it. I mainly picked Java script because it's just a scripting language and not some super high level geek squad shit. Also I heard Notch used Java Script on minecraft so it must be easy :^P

What I hate about them are there shitty Benchmark graphs that are unreadable and only shown to you for half a second

People who post in the wrong thread.

rrrrrrreEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>application has its own custom window decorations

At least put up a trigger warning ffs

>opening the windows command line for any reason after 2001
You know you were only doing it in the desperate hope that someone noticed and cared, but nobody did.

hes right you know

>vaping is technology related

>webpage I want to read off of almost loads on phone
>scrolls to another part of the page automatically which means I need to look for the part I was reading

>Try to click a button on a webpage on phone
> page loads some more which makes me hit another button I didn't want.

All the little "quirks" you encounter when using GNU/Linux as a daily driver.

>tfw you installed a rolling release distro in hope you could help with reports and you just don't encounter bugs.

Kek

Every single human being in this planet that can't follow a manual or simple on screen instructions and insists that his way is the right way.

People who still ask things like "Where do I click to save this?" when the fucking button says "Save" and has an intuitive icon. And it's worse when they see it and don't press it because they're waiting for you to tell them to click the fucking button.

>good ones like digitalfoundry

Kek, didn't they overclock a gpu in a comparison video between 2 GPUs because "you should really overclock this card because you can" (so the results would be better for their favoured brand)?

>Current desktop is on death's door
>Only going to be in the country for another 2 years, after that I'll be overseas for 4 and won't be taking any desktops with me
>Can't decide if I want to buy a short term semi-toaster just so I can get work done and play some low-end games until then or buy a good machine that can plays everything, but will be shit by the time I get back

fuck moore's law

>using the mouse for everything, not taking advantage of keyboard shortcuts

>people who buy gtx 970
i always feel upset every time i see a 970 user
just why? why would you do that to yourself

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

because I bought it a month before we find out about its...flaw.

>open browser window
>try to go to website
>says server cannot be reached
>open up command line
>ping said website
>returns almost instantly with good ping

>doesn't know anything about programming
>"I want to work for a gaming company"
>"they should hire me, I have some really good ideas!!"

>femcoders who graduate from a "bootcamp" and walk into a job in SF

This so much.
It happen way to often.

this is some next level shitposting

Intel won't be getting any better in the short term.
DDR4 pricing has stabilized.
I'd say just get everything except the GPU and run on Intel graphics until the GPU market stabilizes.

>things that don't happen

Women and minorities ARE preferred because of diversity quotas and most tech companies DO abuse H1B visas but it's in no way impossible to find a job in tech as a white male. I think this meme comes from people who apply for a job with 10,000 applicants with no experience and a degree in general computer science from an out of state no name state college where they graduated with a 3.0 major GPA and when they don't get the position their first thought is "damn it, must be because I'm a white male". If you are more qualified than a woman or a minority, then 9 times out of 10 you're more preferred for the position. Sure all things being equal target minorities are preferred but that's business. It's like complaining you can't be as good a basketball player as someone who's taller than you all other things being equal. The only thing that really is a problem and should be changed is abuse of H1B visas, but that is only tangentially related your butthurt

In the minds of these people it's completely impossible for a woman to be as or more qualified though.

GPA doesn't matter. Resume fluff.

Only skills, portgolio and experience matter.

>portgolio

Actually I only posted this because of a podcast I listened to recently where one of the hosts said they went to a dev bootcamp, then attended "girl code it" or something similarly named, mentioned they were looking for a job and the host hooked them up with an interview.

I'm butthurt because I'm in a place with no software jobs and I'm struggling to get through a college that sucks ass (their CS department grew beyond its means) while trying to figure out if my perceived problems are real or if I'm just a piece of shit

I wasn't planning on drinking tonight but maybe when I finish working out the errors in my current build I should get some vodka, fuck

>Pajeet undercutting your salary
>then you get replaced

The complete misuse of 'engine' and 'engineer'. And calling full programs 'scripts'. These are the people running the show btw

Woot!! I love coding in visual basic !! Check out my calculator i programmed thanks to stackexchange haha I'm so smart

HELLO RAT

I use fedora linux. I was doing some python in vim and the librarian went up to me and said ' you know they're[network admins] watching you right'. >Tfw high school internship >Job description: network admin

>An old piece of hardware being used instead of being tossed in a landfill
Why are we supposed to be triggered?

>It's over, is finished

user FINISHED AND BANKRUPT!!

>3-5 FPS DIFFERENCE IN A GAME/BENCHMARK ON THE HIGHEST END HARDWARE MEANS IS ALWAYS BETTER NO MATTER WHAT

It's like a worse version of the console wars. Minuscule differences in numbers that actually mean fucking nothing in application are all these faggots live for and drown out every other bit of discussion about a piece of hardware, be it a CPU or GPU.

And while I'm at it, let's go ahead and add the nonstop Sup Forumsshit that infests this board.

>xD poo in loo designated shitting street redpill me on this don't get cucked by big niggers xD your name is ejeet because you use thing xD

kys, senpai. Schoolyard shit, this is an 18+ website.

Refusing to actually have a decent conversation about GPU's without it being Fanboi wars

Herro Ratto-Kun

>not filtering that shit with regexp
Once you get the grasp of one or two metacharacters it's easy as shit to write them, they are a bit hard to understand if you didn't write themselves but that doesn't really matter

/IT’S OVER .{2,7} IS FINISHED (&|and) BANKRUPT/i;boards:g;stub:no;op:only

or a more powerful and flexible version
/(?=.*?word1)(?=.*?word2).*/i;stub:no ##filters comments with both words in it, no matter the order

>Enlightened Android users vs Apple Fanboy

Endless debates about which is better. Please make it stop. Nobody cares anymore.

'ello rato

>1366x768

hell0 rat0

when someone has a surround sound setup at their computer but put all speakers infront of themselves, like they were stereo sound.

And speaking of sound; putting the subwoofer on the table.

Also, having a wireless keyboard and mouse but a wired mousepad. I seriously saw this, someone using a fucking wired razer mousepad with wireless keyboard and mouse. Looked ridiculous

>Gaymers

When a computer part has "Gaming" in its name.

I bought a reference RX 480 instead because the third party cards had really cringey names. Maybe if I was 12 years old and played faggot games like counter strike and call of duty, but as a 22 year old I would look like an autist if I went up to the counter and asked for an "RX 480 Gayming".

People on the library using Windows 10 laptops.
I'm far less triggered by Macbooks.

>hey user, can you hack someone for me?

Jay is atrocious at presenting himself as other than profoundly retarded.
He ALWAYS makes mistakes in his videos and doesn't seem to see it when editing . He is so fucking dumb. Linus is terrific script reader and talks well but he seems fucking jaded. Luke is a dolt with the mannerisms of an angsty teen .

Digital foundry is good people.

Fucking this. Just because i know how to change the login background on windows 7 doesnt mean i will/can hack your ex's facebook.

Actual true story.

>wired mousepad
you what m8

So you can have even more flashing LEDs on your desk.

razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-mats/razer-firefly

This.

hello rato, please spare me

>not having cygwin on your PATH
Are you some kind of barbarian? I bet you also don't have ssh and git available through CLI

Ello ratto

what the actual fuck

oh wait
>razer
move along

This
Too many people I know do this

kys tripfag

hello rato :3

Helo rato
>tfw your female ancestors balded at 70

heIlo rato!

People who write "gb" when they mean GiB.

Reminder that
g = gram
b = barn
G = Giga (10^9)
Gi = Gibi (2^30)
B = Byte

Get that through your thick skulls already

Did you know you can pause a video on YouTube? I know it's probably too futuristic for retards but it's pretty useful.

>GPA doesn't matter
found the 2.0 graduate

Hello Rato

I thought Rato was done for.

Windows doesn't say when it's using which.

They are hated because they make things worse more often than not. A two hour drive to and back and working longer shifts than us counterparts sucks but they often fuck up more than they help. Explaining shit is also a pain because they can't pronounce anything.

>get an e-mail/image from a poo
>aspect ratio is all fucked
WHY

and yet you don't listen to everyone telling you to turn your stupid fucking tripcode off and insist that keeping it is the right way

tripfags being hypocrites, what else is new.

Secure tripcodes are for jerks.
I am a Jerk.
Deal with it.

>"my way is the best way"!!

But you yourself are using that prerogative on me.

No, it's common knowledge that tripcodes (even secure ones) are not to be used when they are not relevant to the thread, and it is also clear to everyone that yours is not relevant to the thread.

the reddit gaymer and Sup Forums community that spreads their cancer here.
they are, without a doubt, the most fucking retard community when comes to technology. worst part is that they THINK they know just because they build an epik gaystation.

Absolutely this. I tired of the GPU wars.

hello rato :3c