Well, it's that time again. Tomorrow Firefox 48 comes out, what does Sup Forums think of it?

Well, it's that time again. Tomorrow Firefox 48 comes out, what does Sup Forums think of it?

ghacks.net/2016/08/01/firefox-48-release/

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/48.0/win64-EME-free/en-US/Firefox Setup 48.0.exe
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/07/29/extension-signing-availability-of-unbranded-builds/
wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing#Unbranded_Builds
forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=72994
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Still using 38, what does that tell you?

Why are you still using 38?

It's already available for download. ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/48.0/win64-EME-free/en-US/Firefox Setup 48.0.exe

Although I'd recommend not downloading it if you need any unsigned extensions, because from now on stable and beta branches have extension signing enforced.

They should've never moved to gtk3

>what does that tell you?
you're too incompetently lazy to update and run on XP?

Will they remove the SJW bullshit and that chat bloatware everybody shilled for and forgot about a week later?

Hello gets removed in 49

>because from now on stable and beta branches have extension signing enforced.
wtf?
no way to tweak in about:config?

Firefox 51 > Firefox 48 t󠁅b󠁅h f󠁅a󠁅m

>XP

Glory days

It tells me you're using an out of date browser. Extended Support Release is 45 now

You'll have to install the unenforced branding that's in the FTP.

i dont know i use pale moon

You'll have to use developer edition or nightly.

Firefox also offers unenforced editions of stable and beta in the FTP

They hardcoded this to ensure that malware can't sneak in. I know it's not a good thing, but I agree with Mozilla on this one.

this guy knows how to hack

blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/07/29/extension-signing-availability-of-unbranded-builds/

wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing#Unbranded_Builds

Whatever, I had to fix my Fx several dozen times and I can't be bothered to have to fix it again.

>extension signing is enforced on Stable and Beta versions of Firefox

Thanks for nothing, might as well reinstall Chrome.

Is signing enforced on mobile as well?

Is there even a way to install anything unsigned in mobile Fx?

Idk

expect us

What add-ons do you guys use that aren't available from Mozilla's website? Those add-ons are the only ones that won't be possible to install and even then others have posted that you can override this if you really want. You can pretend you're really upset but the reality is that it's a non-issue to most and will prevent idiots from installing malicious add-ons.

this, im still waiting for an answer

>not using the developer edition

Keyconfig
forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=72994
Rebrand (the extension itself is signed, but its purpose is to make extensions, which won't be signed)

>potentially unwanted software
who the fuck are they to tell

nothing
t. ESR user

Why?

Been using 49 for ages, it's nice.

>still no e10s

Indifferent, it doesn't really mean anything to me since I'm using Opera 12.16

tfw on comfy freedom everything just works gnu icecat and don't have to worry about this shit anymore

wow. i bet i wont notice a difference

>using a deprecated browser
>not even 12.18
disgusting

>deprecated browser
Still the best browser.
>not even 12.18
After 12.16, Presto Opera is Windows only. I'm not going to downgrade operating systems just to upgrade my browser.

next month

So what retarded shit did they do this time that requires going into about:config to reverse?

e10s is still laggy as fuck. I disable it on my dev edition.