old shit thread

post and blog about old technology ITT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q07PhW5sCEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumpueno

kek

Probably not serious but if you are go back to blogging in /bst/, /flt/, /spg/, or, /fuckyouimnotlistingallthegenerals/

its our shared blog you dickwart

>speccy thread

webm of loading Sup Forums on my Apple //c

That's really cool user, I would love a Amiga, what's the green monochrome one?

Thanks

Also it's a Blue Chip PC, a rebranded Hyundai PC-XT clone.
I have upgraded mine a little.

That's freaking net!

>dat screen update speed
I'd die

neat*

I purposely set it to 1200 baud to get that authentic WarGames look.

Is there anything I can do with an old hp desktop with a celeron and 512 of ram?

that picture gives me a warm fuzzy retro feel, mostly because of how its set up and the competition pro joystick

>anything
Yes, everything you could do with it 10 years ago.

>Celeron

Ahaha, awesome

Slightly less than that, considering the websites you'd visit 10 years ago are now mostly unusable without enough Javascript to overwhelm that machine. Facebook is too demanding now for old Facebook machines.

I want to use for something... Plus help

It could still play all the games that it played back then and run all the same programs, maybe even a little more.

Do you use Linux? If not it would be a good machine for learning about Linux at first.

I was thinking about getting an old core2duo and see if it works. Also some ram. And install xubuntu or something.
Though apparently the motherboard doesn't support core2duos...the maximum would be a pentium 4...

A good P4 will do fine with xubuntu.

Pics of Apple II?

Kind of useless video without sound...

Here you go

Oh, I have seen your pics before!

Current battlestation

>Furfag
Nice

Old battlestation

Yeah, I remember that one

Really, really old battlestation

how about this one?

murr

Haven't seen that one, you already had the Apple and iMac I see.

Sauce on iMac wallpaper pls

bumping with my austism station

Anything new? I don't have any of your old pictures saved.
Build the table even larger with old shitboxes to stack ever more awesome shitboxes on it!

What's the thing on top of the Macintosh on the left, under the joystick. It looks like a mini stretched out TRS-80 or PET...

furaffinity.net/view/14214040/

My new eMac and Powermac G4 wallpaper, much appreciated!

It looks like one of those talking computron toy computers from the 80s

Probably that's what it is

Is that Compaq Portable III a 286 or 386?

The III's only where 286

Thx

I knew that but they look cosmetically identical

Actually I think that's a 386 then, because 286 had less keys on the top row, this one looks to have more (except one missing).

>we wuz furriesnshit

>Rome - Wolf
>Egypt - Cat
Ohh, I get it!

welp

Step one is to find a pentium to stick in the socket.

im planning to get some actual desks so I can have more than 2-3 things set up at once. The compaq lugable ontop of the kaypro is new, along with some meh stuff including and OLD ASS alienware build under the beige box on the right

yeah its a talking computron from the 80's

286 with windows 95. Previous owner installed a soundblaster and ethernet card, also a few serial cards.

Anyone else collect stupid ass old pc games?

>Anyone else collect stupid ass old pc games?
I do I got a few big box games from a local flea market.

But honestly, I just use ISOs because it's easier.

I found every game in my pic at goodwill/value village(savers), unfortunately theres never any at the flea markets I go to. I never see big box games anymore, 8 years ago there were tons

>im planning to get some actual desks so I can have more than 2-3 things set up at once.
That's more like a museum soon then a personal collection.

that video is worse than Doom, fuck even calculators run it
>if it has a CPU someone has ported Bad Apple on it

I only have a bunch of big box PC games, mostly all from the 90's.

Osborne 1, the first real computer I ever touched. It had CP/M 2.2 loaded from floppy disk, Wordstar, Supercalc, and best of all, MBASIC (Microsoft BASIC for 8080/Z80 based computers). Got to play some text adventures on it too (typed in from various magazine listings).

I just want to have them on desks because its more comfortable that way, I'd like them to be all set up with mouse/keyboard already attatched and ready to boot up whenever. Some of them I don't use enough because its inconvenient to set up.

Also there are 2 powermacs underneath those CRTs

Turn off your auto focus fucker.

That's epic user

Yeah, I understand, it's a shame to just bulk store them in a pile and never use.

>286 with windows 95.
Bullshit. Windows 95 required at least a 386.

Just use gopher instead desu senpai. The web is a total disaster now.

Check out this faggot.
W95 uses no 386/486 instructions.

You could even run 95 on a 8088 which has expanded instruction set like the V20.

Wait, it was 3.11 in protected mode that could run on a 8088 with expanded instructions, nvm that post.

Is there enough addressable memory?

See

Pretty sure it does, it's not a kludge like 3.x was.

God awful on anything older than a 486 regardless.

Indeed, it would probably be a snail going up a hill.

I realized I should of done that after I finalized the video.

Also, that video was stitched together because my digital camera is ancient and I can't find a memory stick larger than 32mb.

Holy shit, I don't know what's more astonishing, the fact that you did that video with a digital camera with 32mb memory card or the Apple ][ itself!

>should of
I don't see how people make this mistake.

Nice computer though.

computers will never be this exciting and exclusive.

>running GNU/Ass on g-d's chosen BSD platform
please tell me you considered necking yourself at least twice

Boom!

I can only shoot about a minute of VGA-tier video on a 32 mb card. The reason I still use it is because I have a set of lenses with it and it's tripod mountable.

1st recording: from boot to end of ls -la
2nd recording: all of lynx loading

I wasn't going to re-shoot it all over, anyway it sorta masked where I had to edit the individual videos together.

I though that was amd64

He was talking about your use of "should of" instead of "should have" or "should've".

kek

beige is fucking ugly eww kill it with fire !

Got mine to barely run Firefox without shitting the bed
its running hot as hell too.
took me two fucking hours to download 3 dos games because this shit box can't handle firefox well at all fuck flash and ads.

Need something that wont fuck over my system help me lads so far chrome and IE will not run right
this photo is a bit old i have installed a pci sound card because on board sound keeps failing.

anything else i can add to this thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

GTFO.

fine its off, now help me out.
i need a browser for downloading dos programs.

OP said old just didn't say how old so there.
besides p4 era stuff is old enough IMO.

>8/8
Thats my birthday, user :3

The library at my university has a ton of really old computer books. That floor is always my comfy spot to relax. Nobody is ever around, and it's always very quiet. When I get done studying and want to take a break, I can go and read everything from 1950s "wonders of the electronic brain" books, to more useful programming books from the 70s and 80s. Just me and row after row of dusty books. I taught myself a lot about Apple II video graphics, how core memory works, C, Unix, etc...

Also, here's an cool video about Timesharing from 1963. It's interesting how the guy in the film is talking about connecting two computers together as an experiment. He's talking about networking before it was even a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q07PhW5sCEk

Now let's see the pic of ur S.O.

Start by replacing the Celeron with a Pentium 4.

happy prelated birthday
I don't want to stray from the path of wizardry

It's still amazing that only 10 years after that video Xerox came already out with a fully networking machine with a GUI and mouse.