Is C++ good language for me? I use windows and linux. I would like to make desktop applications and games

Is C++ good language for me? I use windows and linux. I would like to make desktop applications and games.

sure

fucking not
if you have to ask, you don't need C++

I believe using Scratch would be best for you script kiddie.

Why not c# ?

Well, why C#?

What makes this photo is the "Hill" sign.

Try C# instead. If you're feeling adventurous, check out Python too.

>I use Linux
>C#
Do you really need to ask? I know Mono exists, but you might as well just use Java if you want to go with an idiot proofed language.

>Linux

Maybe because he doesn't want to be locked into Microsoft's garden

Yes.
Don't fall for the C#/Java/Python meme.

explain to me how python is a meme when it's easier to use and most of Sup Forums is scripkiddies.

For scriptkiddies, fucking nodejs is great and we know how terrible that is. Python is really slow in comparison with pretty much anything

pretty sure that's more of a meme than anything else, especially in 2016.

Not OP,

I know nothing. I'm interested though. I want to learn how to coding and how to linux. Any good advice/resources for where to start? Google is just a bunch of sponsored links/ lifehacker articles.

>Is C++ good language for me?
Let's see...

>windows and linux
>desktop applications and games

Yes. C++ is more or less the only choice you have. Unless you want to use C for some weird reason. So two choices actually: C or C++. Choose well.

>Python for desktop applications and games
ISHYGDDT

h4ck3r

C++ is much better for desktop applications.
You get the same amount of control, but with a better structure, so things like graphical interfaces is easy to integrate.
Qt is really good.

those are two separate things.
tldp is a good resource for learning how to learn linux (and bash)

For programming, I would recommend taking the material from a library that is relevant to your field.
A quick guide would also be the c++ tutorial, which covers the basics of C-style programming and should get you started, but a real book on the subject is much better.
And start doing projects.
A lot of small silly projects.