What is your IQ and how do you make your money in tech?

What is your IQ and how do you make your money in tech?

113...I'm not good at programming so I decided I'm gonna major in something else entirely unrelated to technology and hopefully learn a skill in cybersec through the military in case I don't get a job with my degree. I only come to here to learn new tricks with linux

i got 118 in the irl mensa test and i'm NEET

126 and I make $7.25 an hour to help someone who makes 100k a year do fucking mail merge every other week.

Haven't had an IQ test taken before, and I don't make money in tech. I simply use tech for pure entertainment senpai.

Programmer neet here, I got 126 in IQ as a median from several online tests. 139 on the highest and 110 on the lowest. The mensa test clocked out at 129

NEET
Won a modest amount in a Bitcoin lottery
>tfw this will only last for a year, further worsening my NEETdom

If you have a very superior intelligence, just 16 points shy of being a genius, why do you have such a shitty job?

What counts as an official IQ test? I'm genuinely curious. Surely not just any one off a random website is good enough?

>What is your IQ
Have no idea.

>and how do you make your money in tech?
PhD student

>online IQ tests
mfw

98. I scan documents and name them on the computer for $10.25/hr I'm a student so it's not so bad.

145 on the WISC, haven't had a real test since. Functional programmer.

Is it true that functional programmers are TOO smart to be employed?

Not OP here, but the online IQ tests are not official, and certainly should not be taken seriously. As for one, some n33t could of created the test, and also, from the websites I've visited they don't monitor the time taken to complete the test (IRL you're only given a certain amount of time to complete the test).

What kind of job position is "functional programmer" you fucking idiot?

It's just "programmer", no one cares what paradigm you use unless we ask explicitly.

t. Haskell programmer

160ish (taken years ago by a psychologist)

studying engineering

iq doesn't affect much desu it helps me learn faster but there's plenty of people much better than me

all you need to do is work at your dreams, user, and you'll be happy!

133 via psych dr. administrated IQ test
I don't work in tech but I use computers a lot and am working on programming some in my spare time

Yeah I figured that much at least.

I quit my job a few months ago, been living off my tax return and procrastinating to find another

ITT: Everyone claims to have outrageously high IQs, above two standard deviations from the mean

ITT: Most are students or NEETs and took their IQ tests online

>all you need to do is work at your dreams, user, and you'll be happy!
what if my dream is to no longer be a fucking white male?

Anything administered by a psychologist.

Or a Mensa test. Mensa is a shit organization, but their tests are fine.

Your IQ is not 160 you fucking n33t, you'd be a genius. I doubt any genius would spend their time of Sup Forums, because honestly half of us here are retarded shills.

173 IQ
I make a living scamming people on online ad sites

It's Sup Forums, everyone will claim to have a genius level IQ.

Just because you're a retarded shill doesnt mean we all are.

got tested when i was ~12, got 138. i'm 27 now and no idea what my IQ currently is.
i work as a TA but most of my pay comes from working on a FOSS project.

>online IQ test
>mensa
>the most recognized and used IQ test

141, measured by a psychologist when I was a troubled kid (ADHD).

I don't work in tech. I work in journalism.

Never taken an IQ test because they are flawed.

Freelance Sysadmin, I charge $65/hour. I can usually get 15-20 billable hours a week. Not rich but my life is fairly stress free.

Never taken an IQ test.

PhD student in EE and I make about $2k a month as a student and about $5k as an intern.

Kid tests doesn't count. See Flynn effect, also scoring kids is more difficult.

I don't believe for a second that 90% of the posters ITT have above 2 standard deviations from the mean in IQ. It would mean that this board is filled with geniuses, but the sad reality is that it's filled with retards who can't even program FizzBuzz

I took a test when I was a kid and got 117.

I'm the IT lead for a department at a UC

132 but last time I took one was in eight grade. They say IQ doesn't really change because it's a measure of intelligence not experience but that's bullshit because our means of measuring intelligence are garbage.
I don't make shit in tech unless the stock market counts as tech because it uses computers which it shouldn't because that's retarded. I made something like 2000 USD off of AMD recently though, I feel like that might count.

The flynn effect would suggest that those kids are scored too low by modern scoring, though.

160, bought bitcoin when you guys started trolling about it in 2010.

Well, the problem in scoring kids is that it's difficult. Also, IQ tests tend to become inaccurate when scoring people that are outliers (very high or very low).

Sounds about right.

Fucking america, man

This

134. Was tested 2 years ago by a psychologist. I was in the brink of a breakdown due to untreated severe depression and paranoid schizophrenia.

Therapy was successful and I finally graduated from high school. About to enter college to get a biomedical engineering degree.

Work part time at home doing menial data entry jobs averaging 1.3k per month.

i got 117 when i took a test when i was like 16

i make shit money playing in a shit wedding/cover band and giving guitar lessons

i suck with computers and i dont know why i even come here.

Got 142 when I was a kid. Fortysomething now, so that's not really that relevant. Analyst/Prog working for UK.gov

124 here,
Engineer at ASML. I make machines to produce intel chips

>What is your IQ

40 - 50

>how do you make your money in tech?

High-tech kneepads.

thigh-high-high-tech kneepads?

How much has Intel paid you to delay EUV? :^)

>a socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear

top fucking kek this is so true it hurts.

LGA 1366 here. My motherboard basically became obsolete the year after I bought my fucking cpu.

Moldings of my bbc are used for vibrators.

ITT: Everyone is a genius because we're on Sup Forums

is biz leaking again?

I got 115 and I have like 50 buck on adsense.

same here with my i5 4670

iq is 97 and make 115K a year testing apple products

> Using the smiley with a carat nose

Intel didn't pay us

>195

>NEET

Yes.

No. Now shut the fuck up and buy more Trumpcoin.

156, full-stack dev on a ~1 billion company

I dont know my iq, but definitely less than 100
$6/hr, pretty good in 3rd world

IQ 71, eye mayk monies by guferment suport

94 here, I work for Google. This isn't a joke post.

>195
kek

Jesus christ, reading my own post makes me feel bad for myself

121 (tested by multiple psychologists, but getting about same result in online tests), I don't make any money, in tech or otherwise. Living off state money for students without visiting uni.

Feels great tbqh.

Math PhD, 300K USD starting, any job I want

I've heard they're pretty fly.

>If you have a very superior intelligence, just 16 points shy of being a genius, why do you have such a shitty job?

Are you 13? The world doesn't give a shit about how smart you are. There are probably sub-literate morons coding shit all over the world.

I have an average IQ of 90 (Spanned across my entire life of school assigned tests)
And I fix shit people can't fix.
And charge about 50€ per hour to do it+ parts.

I study networking

TO THE MOON

I do this, but for an employer. So I get $16.50 NZD an hour. Feels shit.

700k a day

But you don't actually have the job yet.

300k/day mathematics PhD CEO legitimate businessman

95 IQ
I used to do low level IT and maintenance at a Walmart Distribution Center. I'm now supervisory level maintenance staff.
$25/hr + decent benefits

Where do you get your customers?
Do you work remotely?

Seems just like a neat stressless job i am looking for.

it's the same in the employment threads. everyone is in their 20s but making what the top 10% in their field make.

are you an intern only over the summer or do they allow you to work during the semesters too?

Well atleast you get steady income and you get assigned jobs.
I need to find them or ask around bars and shit.

I'm lucky my reputation precedes me.

>This is probably the only honest answer ITT besides the NEET crew.

Not everyone is retarded like you.

are you a legitimate nigger though?

detected at 13, now in business school.
good IQ basically doesn't mean anything.

Not everyone is retarded like you.

>good IQ basically doesn't mean anything.
Outside of math and hard sciences that's possibly true to some extent, but in those subjects a double digit IQ essentially restricts comprehension to a minimal level. You really cannot find any engineers, mathematicians, or PhD physicists with less than 115 IQ and below 130 in those fields is fairly uncommon.

>What is your IQ
>and how do you make your money in tech?
I don't, fuck the tech industry. I'm a machinist.

No.
I'm white.
I just use nigger because it's what people refer to anyone in here.

That's simply not true. Average IQ in Africa is in the 70-80 range and they have plenty of engineers and scientists.

nice, what degree?

neet

>mud hut engineering
OK.

>You really cannot find any engineers
>with less than 115 IQ
that's false. at mediocre schools the averages in courses are so low that many courses can be passed with a C by just scribbling a few equations on the exams. i should know as i was a TA at one of those schools. the bulk of the class should have never even been admitted into engineering.

I don't have a degree. I worked for a regular Walmart out of highschool and worked my way up to the distribution center over six or seven years. Most of that was part-time though, I cut grass and did handywork for my apartment complex when money was tight.

I don't regret anything though, I got married at 18 and have enjoyed being a young and healthy father of three. We are never going to be rich, but my wife and I don't care.

how did you get into IT though? did you start with data entry and get trained or something?

>the bulk of the class should have never even been admitted into engineering
They won't pass the FE. I was not referring to engineering students, but actual engineers.

>supposedly has an IQ of 95
>writes better than the vast majority of americans with >100 IQs

Calling bullshit here

>a high IQ means you have perfect grammar
You can't know what you haven't been taught, idiot.

>IQ myth
smug_anime.webm
>monies in tech
parents own a number of tech retail stores in a 3rd world country

if you are on 4camel there is a high chance that you are a young man in the highest intelligence percentile. nothing new here

Most of the people that regularly browse Sup Forums and/or /sci/ have an IQ greater than 110.

Source: my ass