What is the Katana of programming languages?

What is the Katana of programming languages?

C

lua

haskell

Assembly.

Visual Basic

French

the C programming language

Who's this guy?

XxXRavenSlayer67XxX

Javascript

haskell

>haskell

this

As in, overrated as fuck and actually breaks during runtime?

Even though I like it, probably at this point, Haskell. Useful, but with its utility overstated by people obsessed with it for all the wrong reasons, most of those reasons being related to them being hipsters, and not actually understanding the thing they're obsessed with.

Scheme

C

This. XKCD confirms

Well, a katana is over used in pop culture, not as efficient as it is made out to be sooo, Java.

>FOLDED A BIRRION TIMES
>brittle
>single-edged
>people attempt to fit it for all purposes

that would be: javascript

>>single-edged
constraints lead to creativity which leads to greater power

>folded a billion times

(actually folded like 7)

ActionScript 2.0

C or lisp

HASKELL MASTERRACE

Then JavaScript desu

Weeaboos should stop projecting their need to read from right to left.

Absolutely my lad

Fortran.

Certified bad ass

>does what its suppsoed to do but breaks easily when used for other purposes?
java.

Ruby because it was made by Japs?

No, of course the real anser is Hack$ell because trendy as fuck memesters think it makes them cool to play at hak$sell while they wear a fedorah and wield dat glorious nippon steel folded n-thousand times
>****FOAHSHING!!! No hard feelings, bub.***

Ruby. It's even made in Japan.

unix/linux shell scripts, they are quick and right to the point

>implying an original katana wouldn't destroy any other medieval weapon
kys

>muh steel folded 1000 times maymay.
Checked

>le java hate maymay

functional languages in general

THIS IS C HE GOT MAH BACK

this is the only correct answer

>greater power
Greater shit. Ftfy.

Katana vs chained mace. Gg.

Katana is a shit sword, basically a longer form of a machete.

A rapier is the most advance form of swordsman, and would take out a samurai in one move.

or even a pic
A samurai wouldn't even get near a squire with this

*unsheathes superior, thousand-folded nihonto*

I dare you to slander the good name of the glorious empire of Japan again, you filthy gaijin.

>he unironically thinks a jap manlet with a curved sword could win against a 2 meter sword of german steel and a 2 meter knight
kek

>2 meter german knight
You do realise people in medieval times were manlets right?

This, people are idiots.

It was actually unironically folded a couple million times dumbass, get your facts straight before you pretend to be retarded on the Internet.

Actually if you fold the blade only 20 times the steel has already over a million folds. If you fold it only 30 times it already has over a thousand million (what people from retarded countries call billion) folds. You both are pretty stupid for not understanding how this works.

Only due to bad diets, rich knights weren't on potato & apple diet.

I'm projecting my need to read from left to right, though.

Therefore, I'm not a weeb fag.

Haskell.

> 20 folds is over a million folds
> What is a layer?

wtf, man?

This.

Well, Sup Forums? Have you read your SICP today?

Only use is for light work like oppressing peasants and modern day people buy replicas for show? It's lisp

These.
Also contenders: Smalltalk, REBOL/RED, Forth and XML based languages, when they were cool.

Kinda good looking but comes in short when you use it?

>pic related

I know exactly how it's done, but it's not folded a million times anyway. If you fold something you are performing a fold which nobody is doing a million times. It might have a million layers even though that also varies a bit since they aren't clean folds. Some parts of the blade might have less layers than others in a blade that is supposed to have a million layers.

So you're the idiot here.

C and c derivatives such as c++

marshviperX

Worst image I've ever seen on this board

>"/" + "ruby" in vim-mode while browsing on my nightly of firefox
>two patterns found in rice cooking BBS board for zojiroshi enthusiasts
I fucking hate neo-Sup Forums. You two that posted, though, you're alright.

>it's a "fat autists unironically defend katanas as the best weapons ever forged by human hands" episode

Holy--

I'll say Python, because it will lose to a better designed sword (better language ), but it's useful if you know what are you doing

> The C Programming Language

You're forgetting that Katanas (real ones) will rust and flake to shit and without very skilled use will snap and be rendered utterly useless with one strike, if one even gets it out of the hilt in time.

In that sense, I'd have to say Machine Code is the Katana of programming languages.

> captcha demanding sandwiches has nothing but burgers

I digress.

It's Coq, anything else is garbage tier.

>they don't know Japanese but rely on translations done by people who do to support their argument in semantics despite knowing that they're wrong

kill yourselves kiddos

Nobody used this, zweihander's were just for dickswinging, not actual weapons used in battle.

>rich knights weren't on potato & apple diet.

But the other 98% of the armed forces that actually went to battle were.

>I don't know what pattern welding is.

You mean the overrated piece of garbage of programming languages? Java.

Ruby

/thread

What is the arming sword of programming languages?

What is the atomic bomb of programming languages?

java is too mainstream to be the katana

we're theorizing about dueling here m8

>that's why it's strength and sharpness are unparalleled when compared to swords produced via molds
Well no shit. That's why nobody casts swords

Rapier for them ebin OUTPLAYZ

>What is the Katana of programming languages?
Well, there is a "Rust" language but I can't think of a "Blunt" one.

Go.

>Parens are literally weapons in Nethack.

>FOLDED A BIRRION TIMES

A katana used mostly in fiction nowadays. Java is used in reality.

>it's a japanese related thread where half the thread came to shitpost because of a personal affliction with weaboos episode
Every time.

]>
&lol9;

XML because fuck you

Somehow I get the impression that whoever wrote that knows as much about programming as he does about weapons. Jack shit, in other words.

Ruby

XML isn't a programming language fucktard.

>t. r1 spammer

Reminder that the Japanese HAD to fold their steel a large number of times because their ore was of a very low purity compared to that of European ore.
Folding metal has the effect of driving out impurities, as well as homogenizing the molecular structure.
Modern forging techniques exist that already far exceed what was possible using traditional methods, such as vapor deposited steel, which allows for a perfect structure thought the ingot without any flaws or weak points, as well as experimental metals that would be far too difficult to forge otherwise.

>Reminder that the Japanese HAD to fold their steel a large number of times because their ore was of a very low purity compared to that of European ore.
This. Even then, the Katana are not very durable. A direct clash and they can literally break in half, that's why samurai have to practice hitting katana at an angle.

>their ore was of a very low purity

No it wasn't, they did this because they didn't have a foundry that could reach enough temperature to remove all the shit out of the ore.

A katana made in a the traditional way would bend, not break, because unlike european swords, they used a differential quenching method, that way the spine of the blade is much softer that the edge.

Check ur facts m80s

hey you guys realize there are boards for other shit right?

Metallurgy is technology.

rust as far as i can tell