Wow, the default Windows photo viewer sure is garbage! I should look for superior alternatives!

>Wow, the default Windows photo viewer sure is garbage! I should look for superior alternatives!
>"Well user, IrfanView is by far the best image viewer on the market! You should download that one!"

>the mouse wheel doesn't zoom
>it fucking skips through all the pictures
>you can't change it
>you can't even turn it off

What are my alternatives to this garbage?

What's worse is when you're going through photos with Irfanview it doesn't follow the order of pictures in the folder, it's just some random fucking order. Worst piece of shit botnet program there is. I hate Sup Forums memes.

Default Windows viewer is pretty good. I use that.

Some prefer Picasa.

oh god I just realized that

aahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahaha

Sumatra.

It's one ugly fucking interface, too. Nether the program nor website have been updated since what seems to be the 90s.

Hold ctrl when you scroll to zoom you insufferable sponge .

Eye of Gnome

Oh wait

Oh boy looks like it uninstalled the default image viewer too and now everything opens with Paint and the Windows image viewer isn't anywhere on my computer

This is the hardest I ever got tricked

Would like native .gif support back...

To top that, the dev team responded to such a toggle by suggesting you turn on single view mode, completely disabling flipping through your memes.

Windows 10 has native .gifs

XnView

>uninstalled the default image viewer
No it didn't. The "image viewer" isn't a separate program, it's part of the shell. Change it with the default programs settings if you don't see it in "open with".

JPEGview is the best desu.

associate all files with picasa or photoshop

>Change it with the default programs settings
That's what I'm doing lad

Even if I click "restore all the shit to default" it can't find it anymore

I unironically had to download it from the Internet

What's the best viewer with webm support?

I wish Viewnior worked on Windows.

Check Honeyview

>mfw I use IrfanView to watch WEBMs
They load fast as fuck, way better than VLC, but I think WEBMs with sound make it crash, maybe IV can't initialize a sound device or something, but the codec tries to anyway.

Oh and BTW what do you recommend for OS X cuz I still use VLC for WEBMs there.

mpv

feh
e
h

>What is sort by filename/path

If you have X Mouse Button Control you can change what gets sent to specific programs, so the same should be true here.

Hold down control and then scroll

fresh w10 installs remove it from the open with menu but you can edit the registry to get it back

does anyone at ms actually know what computers are

>does anyone at ms actually know what computers are

No, I had to add a fucking key registry thing to make the "touch to unlock!" tablet lock screen go away on my fucking computer

This is fucking terrible but I don't like Windows 7 either

The shit thing is you can't change it like in JPEGview. It's just uncomfortable to reach Ctrl everytime I want to zoom. Dunno who actually prefers that.

Honeyview
you could also try FastStone Image Viewer and XnView

JPEGView

/thread

I'm probably the one and only Picasa Photo Viewer shill on this site.

I recommend you Picasa Photo Viewer. Not the full blown Picasa, only the viewer that comes with it.

came here to post this

If you aren't using JPEGView you are a fucking retard.

>using timesink os
why not just use an os which comes with good default software?

tried xnview yet?

I use jpegview, it just werks, very similar to feh.

>good default software

but does it come with video games?

/thread

Uhm... the mouse wheel zoom is now the default?
And I fucking hate it so I have to change it back at every install. But it's default now.

Your point OP?

Never happened to me in 10 years.

Irfanview + official plugins.

>videogames
>good default software
Candy crush soda saga, also

> not realizing candy crush is now musthave

Also fuck that game.
> same name as Cherry Crush
> get a mad boner every time

FUCK.

>get Linux
>NEVER get to play Candy Crush Soda Saga

I would rather kill myself.

he's referring to animated ones, maybe.

Windows 10 image thing makes the gifs move

Use jpegview you plebs

Not the windows photo viewer (i just tried) maybe the "app" one does (i think it's called photos or something like that) but i've removed the whole store and apps.

Irfanview + official plugins
Sadly this. Honeyview still can't do webms, Xnview is a slow piece of shit, and it might be the old laptop I was using but for JPEGView, gifs and webms would run much slower than Irfanview.

>this many retards getting rused by such a cock-loving OP

JPEGView here gifs run great.

I'm not sure why are you saying that webms runs slower than on irfanview when afaik Jpegview has no webm support?

I think the App thing does

CTRL+MWup or down you tremendous double faggot.

xnview

Use Faststone, scrub

I tried a lot of image viewers trying to find one that could play GIFs and loaded fast.

XnViewMP was the winner in the end. IrfanView was too shit (slowed down GIFs, artifacts) and Faststone was too slow.

The W10 image viewer has native animated GIF support so I don't care about alternative image viewers anymore. I just use HoneyView for mango now.

Use nomacs

I use irfanview not just as an image viewer, but also for basic cropping and rotating tasks.

I'm not gonna leave those "get more dank memes at 4chins.cuck" footers on my hilarious internet images.

Do other imageviewers come with easy and quick to use lossless JPG cropping? If yes I could move.

Nomacs is the best

i like honeyview

faststone viewer

Irfanview
Supports photoshop plugins.
U
P
P
O
R
T

honeyview is the best