hwdec=auto-copy

>medium preset:
vo=opengl-hq

>high preset:
vo=opengl-hq:cscale=ewa_lanczossharp:scale=ewa_lanczossharp

>scripts and shaders:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/user-scripts

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160321043630/http://blog.smplayer.info/mpv-srsfckn-biz-tried-to-sabotage-smplayer/
mpv.srsfckn.biz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Simple/unified automatic display framerate switcher:
It would be great to make mpv recognize the current/primary display resolution and available framerates and switch to the appropriated one automatically. Any other players have similar feature natively!
>Disable scaling if the video is slightly smaller than the display resolution.
There is a terrible and bugged lua script for this but such an essential feature should be available by default in mpv.

How come I get hitching every few seconds on Linux but perfect smooth playback on wangblows?

Configs were the same, but with back end=dxinterop on windows.

I'm using lachs0r's build with 64-bit SMPlayer portable.

Should i drop the front-end and start building my own config?

Did you install the proprietary driver of your graphic card on linux?

>disable scaling if the video is slightly smaller than the display resolution

But why?

No I was using the radeonsi that came with Ubuntu 16.04. I actually tried looking how to install the proprietary driver on 16.04 but it's not officially supported and it's a convoluted process.

Besides, I was using software decoding anyway, so why would the GPU drivers cause hitching?

Don't use your GPU for no improvement. Some 1080p files are 1918x1079 and they needs scaling and it use twice your GPU for no difference. It would be great to use bilinear only in this case, but it should be optionable.

Because rendering is done via your GPU.
Oldish AMD is a nightmare on linux!

What is the equivalent of "error diffusion - option 1" and "error-diffusion - option 2" in mpv?

Are there even proprietary drivers for 16.04? Last I booted ubuntu, there were none

Nothing. mpv doesn't have error-diffusion dithering.

I think I heard haasn say he would consider implementing it if there was evidence that it was visibly better than mpv's fruit dithering.

This is one of the only felt differences between mpv and madVR.
But it's surely because I used to use madVR.

Give me one reason to switch to this from MPC-HC+madVR.

Yes. mpv devs are known to dislike SMPlayer. They don't support the method it uses to interface with mpv.

See this incident if you need proof:
web.archive.org/web/20160321043630/http://blog.smplayer.info/mpv-srsfckn-biz-tried-to-sabotage-smplayer/

I couldn't care less about which video player you use.

I'm not one to shill for mpv, but mpchc has been literal shit lately, constantly crashing itself and fucking up the Windows audio mixer somehow (fucking how, I don't understand it, ASIO still works but everything else is completely silent until I reboot, it makes no sense!). I'm debating switching for real if there isn't some improvement soon. Maybe I'll go take a look at MPDN too.

You care so little that you needed to post that? Pathetic.

I care about these threads not being filled with noise from MPC-HC shills.

>Implying great program like MPC needs to be shilled
You freetards are delusional. You cant even tell me how mpv is even better than madvr+mpc combo, probably because its not. But at least you got "muh freedom".

haasn had that once in his mpvhq. Dunno why it was never integrated into mpv, I would really really appreciate it.
Not even use bilinear in this case, I'd rather have a few pixels of black around the video in fullscreen.

any help with this? what am I doing wrong

[osd/libass] Loading font file 'S:/Programs/mpv-x86_64-20160610/fonts/ClearSans-Bold.ttf'
[osd/libass] Loading font file 'S:/Programs/mpv-x86_64-20160610/fonts/HelveticaNeueLT Std Thin.otf'
Playing: E:\TV Shows\Superman 1941\VIDEO_TS
[ifo/dvdnav] .IFO detected. Redirecting to dvd://
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 5.0.4
libdvdread: Could not open E:\TV Shows\Superman 1941\VIDEO_TS/ with libdvdcss.
libdvdread: Can't open E:\TV Shows\Superman 1941\VIDEO_TS/ for reading
libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
[ifo/dvdnav] Couldn't open DVD device: E:\TV Shows\Superman 1941\VIDEO_TS/
[file] Cannot open file 'E:\TV Shows\Superman 1941\VIDEO_TS': Permission denied
Failed to open E:\TV Shows\Superman 1941\VIDEO_TS.

Exiting... (Errors when loading file)

Why are these parameters not being recognized? Could this have something to do with not having an up-to-date mpv version?

too old..interpolation setting doesn't exist in that

does using openal ao prefereable over headphone?

How old is your build?!

Yeah I figured
Very old. My only concern is that I remember setting mpv as the default media player was something of a hassle, am I going to have to go through that once again if I download a new build?

Is mpc-qt stable now?
Is regular windows builds planned?
And smplayer is too much bloated...

>My only concern is that I remember setting mpv as the default media player was something of a hassle
Right-click, run as administrator is hard?

mpv.srsfckn.biz/

Download the latest build.

Use the
>To set up file type associations and AutoPlay handlers, use mpv-install.bat.
Put it in the same directory as mpv.exe, right-click, run as administrator and go.