Why don't Linux distributions unite efforts to provide better quality products...

Why don't Linux distributions unite efforts to provide better quality products? I propose only 4 distributions that will cover literally all possible uses and tastes:

Ubuntu + all cheap rip-offs

Fedora+OpenSuse+Mandriva

Arch+Gentoo+Slackware

Slitaz

Also, kill Gnome/QTK already and replace it with KDE/Qt.

Nobody cares about Linux on Desktop you retarded neet.

>Also, kill Gnome/QTK already and replace it with KDE/Qt.- 1 post shown.

Wtf

>Debian + all cheap rip-offs

fixd

does multiple choices confuse you?

Oi, Ubuntu is an expensive rip-off

Not that expensive considering they still use upstream Debian patches

Why don't autists all kill themselves to improve the quality of the gene pool? Really makes you think...

I don't see Debian there...

Son, i am disappoint

wanting the luxury of capitalism with the edge of communism

>Fedora+OpenSuse+Mandriva
If ubuntu is around fedora, opensuse and mandriva literally don't have a point.

> no enterprise distributions

because linux a shit

>quality products

But Linux is not a product, you silly faggot.

Different goals and ideals.

The distributions are not developed by one single company. Everyone is free (as in freedom) to make their own distribution and include or change whatever they like or dont like.
This is why there are so many of them.

Everyone has their own idea about what looks good and they constantly change shit for the sake of change instead of trying to polish what they already have. GTK is utter trash, Qt is much nicer, but KDE is atrocious.

I've pinned my hopes on the material design distro that is being developed, but I know it will probably crash and burn before they even get a product out of alpha.

I agree that it'd be nice for all the Debian like OS to unite for one project that creates one entry level OS with high customization.

Arch, Gentoo and Slackware are all three memes and not beginner friendly, but else got nothing in common you fucktard.

Same for the Fedora Open Suse and Mandriva combination.
Isn't Mandriva some Arch Distro?

Wtf is Slitaz

Also, LXQt is the way to go. Fuck KDE

The history of Linux DEs is like an endlessly repeating loop where as soon as anyone likes something, the devs take it as a personal failure and redouble their efforts to make it shitty again. Kind of like what happened to Firefox actually. They hate their own users for some twisted reason, but they love to brag about how many users they have and claim to be "the best DE on Linux!"

It has to be intentional, otherwise there's simply no explanation for the sorry state of Linux DEs.

Slitaz is the best os for old-ass hardware like pentiums with 500 megs ram.

No, that'd be OpenBSD and NetBSD

Why would you need more than Debian and Ubuntu?

torvaldis should name some distro as official distro

>complain about how the Year of the Linux Desktop hasn't happened yet
>"hey I got this great new idea for a DE/WM!"
>"great, let's roll it into our own separate and largely incompatible distro!"

He uses Fedora. I opened the Fedora site to download it, and it said that I should only install it if I don't mind reinstalling my OS twice a year (or once every two years, not sure). Either way, I noped the fuck out of that page.

Congratulations, you've now added four more distros.

Congrats, you're retarded.

No, those don't have any hardware support.

Sure they do, especially for older hardware. Nice meme tho

I know.\
The only point that made any sense.

fuck kde
gnome for life
also your a faggot and a retard, understand that linux as a whole is an opensource project not a product, you want something tailored to your sausage fingered needs? give your money to apple, uniting groups with different goals is retarded.

You're hilarious kiddo.

>implying it's not true
You just can't accept there are more options than Linux.

Whatever you say, kid.

Wow, you really showed me

Think whatever helps you sleep at night. Wouldn't want you to mess up in school tomorrow.

Not only is it the middle of fucking summer, but I've also been out of school for years.

That's a shame. Dropping out at such a young age. Oh well, hopefully you'll one day realize the error of your way and correct your path. That won't happen so long as you keep posting bad jokes on anonymous image boards though.

Eat a dick you piece of fucking shit.

CentOS is a good quality product. It's a commercial project with poor free distroes. If some programmers of Fedora or other RH-based system wanted to join this project, they would do. As I can see, commercial Linux has future, Android is an example.

You want to kill Gnome? You like "Windows" so much? Gates love you?

them hard-to-read-as-well-as-cut-short program names

it's probably some shitty extension that will break on the next major gnome update but won't receive support...ever

>If some programmers of Fedora or other RH-based system wanted to join this project, they would do.

hate to break it to you but centos announced they would be joining rhel

Where is the announcement?

I use Fedora. It updates about every six months, and versions lose support one month after the second succeeding version is released (i.e. one month after 24, 22 lost support).

So you only need to update once ever 13 months. That said, they've got a feature in DNF to update without full reinstall, so it's pretty simple.

I recommend Fedora + Cinnamon. Comfy as fuck and never fails me.

I tried CentOS once but it didn't support my wireless card or something. Granted, that was way back when I was 15 so it's possible they've fixed it.

At any rate, The rpm distributions are pretty great as a whole. Personally I still use Fedora because I'm a cutting edge type but don't want to break my system with untested things (*cough*arch*cough*).

I love you, random user. I'm also using Fedora + Cinammon since 22, it's maximum comfy. Not as bloated as what I came from, Mint and Ubuntu, never failed me, good repos, it just werks.

just wish someone would make proper creative software for linux or bsd or get people to port over stuff

Debian + all cheap rip-offs

Fedora+OpenSuse+Mandriva

Arch+Gentoo+Slackware

Slitaz

The idea is move all development resources to the new unified distros, idiot

This linux is a pain. It's far to complex, too many things are unsupported. You basically have to learn everything there is to know about linux in order to use it as a O.S system. People should unite to make a few up to date distros and they should add more things to repositories. sudo apt-get install only works if it is in the repository. Linux is a huge time sink, and those people who have the ability to make linux easier for everyone else, would rather feel elite and not make it common.