Is Opera really as shit as people make it out to be?

Is Opera really as shit as people make it out to be?

Is it also true that it's filled to the brim with Chinese spyware?

I'm looking for an alternative to Google Chrome and Firefox

Other urls found in this thread:

opera.com/download/guide/?ver=12.18
twitter.com/AnonBabble

google = shit
opera = shit
bing = shit

duckduckgo = beast

and firefox = beast

In the future get the logo straight. You posted the logo of the best browser to have ever existed, but you're asking about this failed abortion

Opera has a search engine?
I was just thinking about the browser

Also I'm suspicious of Duckduckgo because it's whole gimmick is that it's totally not tracking me but then it instantly know where I am when I visit the site the first time in private mode

I just don't think I like Firefox

It's pretty slow and clunky from my experience and there's a bunch of minor details, like when you open a new tab, click on one of your most viewed sites and then can't hit the back button to return to the new tab that shows all your most viewed sites
Nothing major, it's just annoying me because I have to click a bunch more thant I should have to

My bad, it's what comes up if you type "Opera Browser" into Google images

I'm familiar with the round logo but I wasn't sure if that was for a mobile app or something

I ironically love this logo

trash:// proprietary_software

Just upgrade to Windows 10 (Anniversary Update out today!) and use Microsoft EDGY

It's clean, it's simple, it's nothin personnel.

All your data is safely stored with us at Microsoft and used to add SO many edges you would not believe it!

>>>/global/rules/11

>beast

Opera was unarguably the best browser, but even Chropera is still way better than the abomination that is Chrome.

Opera was so good, i dont really recall why I switched back to Firefox
Did...
Did they get into my head guys?

What about the Chinese spyware?

And is old Opera gone forever without any options to recover it?
Was it actually good or are you idealizing it because it's gone and unattainable?

Whoops, forgot the tagline:

Oh, The Edge!

Upgrade now, but be careful you don't cut yourself on... THE EDGE™

>not even trying to hide the shilling

>What about the Chinese spyware?
What Chinese spyware? Opera Software was bought by a Chinese company, but the developers remain entirely the same, just with a higher budget, hence why they've made Chropera so much better recently.
>And is old Opera gone forever without any options to recover it?
No. You can either download Vivaldi, which tries to be Opera, or you can just download the version of Opera that they still occasionally patch with security updates. opera.com/download/guide/?ver=12.18

>tfw the retarded cunts only update the Windoze version

DuckDuckGo's indexing and search algorithm isnt the best but overall I love it.

Thanks for the information user

Does Vivaldi live up to the glorious image you painted of old Opera?
I'll probably just try it either way, that's one I haven't considered at all

>still way better than the abomination that is Chrome
Why do you think so? I'm not saying you are wrong, I would just be interested to hear specific reasons

It's basically Chrome Plus at this point and has an edge over Vivaldi for being slightly more mature. The first deal with the Chinese fell through, and the second isn't finalized so it's not quite Chinese botnet yet... I admit I was suspicious the 12.18 security patch came out after their initial announcement.

>Does Vivaldi live up to the glorious image you painted of old Opera?
I haven't used it in a while, so it might at this point, but when I used it, there was a bit to be decided. It was still in alpha, and you ran into bugs quite frequently. Plus, >browser made solely with javascript
>Why do you think so?
Honestly, it's nothing huge. Built-in RSS reader, built-in adblocking that is far more efficient than an extension, build-in VPN, infinitely better new tab page, and nicer bookmark manager.

>decided
Fuck, meant to say desired.

Very nice

I will use Opera for a bit and compare it to Vivaldi, a superior new tab page is very important to me and I think at this point I prefer the Chinese to Google