Guts thread

just got the 1080 in the mail this morning, hopefully at the end of the week the waterblock and extra 280 rad will arrive. 2x phobya g-charger 280*60 should be enough for a 1080 and 4670k @4.2ghz right?

Other urls found in this thread:

cablemod.com/cablemod-widebeam-led-strips/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice m8 .. looks pretty sweet

>ASrock

Id like to buy one its just I dont game

try finding another 1150 motherboard with a yellow and black theme.. wasn't cheap either

Soo... is Pascal out now? I can't really find a definitive answer on Google.

>4670k @4.2ghz
why even run it underwater with those bitch clocks.

Installed a Fractal AIO today, and like the retard I am I put a big old gash in the side of the radiator.

I plan on expanding the thing with another 120mm rad and an EK universal gpu block in a few months though, so I'll flip it around to hide the damage when I'm doing so.

intel burn test gets the temps up to low 70's with that setup, don't know if i'm doing anything wrong or that cpu just runs hot af

not seated properly? I have my 5820k at 4.4GHz and that's on all 6 cores and i top out at 72c using an H110i GTX from corsair.

$170 usd

>tfw starting new build
>hard to itemize for all-white theme, no affordable sub-1000wPSUs in white
>no foreseeable 1080s with a white PCB

jfmsu

Neat asrock board man. Should color scheme with that haha.
pretty nice man.
should move the panel out the way for the picture next time. Nice build though simple.

Ignore me. I just discovered that I'm retarded.

>literally just got that board
white pride world wide

super flower PSUs come in white

Yeah, I'm actually waiting on a 750W Super Flower to come back in stock on a UK website and just ship it overseas, it's been out of stock for forever, though.

>what mother board?
I see everything but ram and a motherboard what an idiot.

>z97 OC Formula
You got it wrong, its the X99 OC Formula that is a great board.
Also, enjoy your TIM'd IHS.

Hash-E has soldered IHS, unlike Haswell, so the temps are not odd at all.

only 1 pin from not being retarded :p
might switch to pastel yellow when putting new fluid in next year or something. that uv yellow looks a bit too greenish

Not bad man but whats with that other pcie power cable? Why not just strap it to the other to hide it?

not getting a new cpu too, this one has to last for atleast a couple of years. that z97 oc formula was the best board that was still available for that socket in the right colors that i could find

Yeah I did afterwards, was just being a massive faggot and rushing to show off at the time

You already know this, but buying a board based on the color scheme components on it have is idiotic.

>Hash-E has soldered IHS, unlike Haswell, so the temps are not odd at all.
still, 4.2GHz vs 4.4GHz, 4 core vs 6 core, and custom loop vs 280mm Corsair Radiator.

I'd expect better.

it's a good board, i wouldn't have bought it if it was a shit board but with the right colours. much better than my old gigabyte that died after 2 years

for now something like this

>hideous AIO
i know

and it also has conformal coating, so ideal for watercooling

The soldered heatspreader or not, makes a massive difference with load temps. Sandy cpu (soldered ihs) with 0.2V higher vcore than Ivy or Haswell (not soldered) can have 20C lower load temps (exact same clocks, same heatsink, same fan@same RPM, but the older having higher vcore, which directly translates to higher power consumption and heat output).

ahh I see haha. Ive been guilty of that. Thats why I usually build with my friend cause he gives no excuses.

How'd you get the liquid to glow? Just LED's?

Same shit, different toilet.

it's UV liquid and UV leds

i've got this backplate coming to stay with the yellow theme

That's sick man. Thanks for the inspiration for my next build!

awesome any other plans for the build? Be interesting if they made that color ram

White is the in thing this year isnt it? Looks good with the usual black components.

Glad to see less red.

i think there are yellow/gold kits out there, but it's abit silly to replace it if it isn't broken. maybe if i have a ram stick that goes bad or something i might look for a better matching kit

I remember then the H100 had the same hoses, I was always so afraid of breaking them.

I have the CM Nepton 240m, it's my first liquid cooler/AIO. The hoses are super stiff, I didn't expect that at all. Are other AIOs the same?

I think all of Corsair's newer stuff is the thicker diameter braided hoses, they are pretty flexible. The Kraken AiOs appear rubber and are probably flexible to.

>Light blue
>Purple
>Green
>Yellow
What the fuck is this combination? this is HARDCORE ugly.

Lightblue? Wtf? The purple is UV so barely visible, just the liquid is kinda greenish and might be changed to pastel yellow

From what I've gathered out of all these 1080s, is that the OC capability is very weak. Which means it doesn't really matter which version I get?

Yeah?

Ive Read that Most of the highest overclocks Are on the founders editions, that and i wanted to watercool Made me get a founders

>Semi-finished build.

>Colorful/10

ASRock make good boards, actually, fuck off.

>Using the vertical PCI slot for a fan controller
>GoodIdea/10

>Weird GPU placement/10

>Pretty good overall/10

>More weird GPU placement/10

>I Fucking Love Those EVGA Cards/10

>Supported GPU/10

>Very Good Looking/10
How's your board for color matching with itself? The PCH LED's on mine don't match too well at darker volumes but the rest do.

Well, atleast that matches with the mobo...

I know my pcie power cable will trigger some of you. Finally have a shipping number from MSI but no email telling me what they did. I hope they aren't sending me back the same gpu i had otherwise ill never but msi products again.

moshi moshi /guts/ desu

no gpu yet but...

holy shit check my quad dubs

This post confirms GPU's are not needed, and that AIO's are the best cooling solution,

u lyk? want more pics

Just waiting on that SG11B now...
I wonder if this cooler is small enough to fit under the PSU also.
Might have to reverse the PSU fan to...

May i politly ask you to remove those ethernet sticker next time you open your guts.
They Ruin your perfect ( so far ) Black Guts!

What would be an appropriate video card for my computer?

you could likely run a 1070 if you wanted

Oh yea you're right I forgot those were there. I'm gonna add a 480 nitro as a burner until Vega

A 1070 isn't a bad choice, but for 1080p gaming a 1060 is also an excellent choice. The 1060 is roughly the performance of the GTX 980 for only around $250.

i know two people that have been using asrock boards for years and even spilled drinks on them and they still work. what is your problem bro.

ASRock are premium boards. Get out from under your (as)rock.

at least i wasn't the one to trip someones asrock autism this thread

>[email protected]
>1080
>32GB ram
>250g ssd + 2TB HDD

Why dont you activate Windows, user?

All the LEDs on my board match up to each other, I also ordered a magnetic LED strip that is compatible with the header on the boards. It looks pretty good.

kinguin sent me a borked key and promptly corrected it, surprisingly

ayy grill, how do you like those Thermaltake Riing fans?

I have a few in the mail and I'm not sure what to expect.

ASRock boards have a coating for that very reason. They're pretty neat.

I don't get the hate. I guess it's just a vocal minority.

>I also ordered a magnetic LED strip
Link to that please?

That's real sexy. I would recommend a white LED to light up the rest of the case, the UV will still work.

do i need a 1080 for my 1440p 144hz g sync monitor?

Its just buttmad asusfags trying to justify their overpriced shit, same thing when the RX 480 came out, just autists trying to justify buying the same thing for more money.

1070 minimum, 1080 good, Titan ideal

>1440p 144hz
>GTX 1080
literally even a 290x can do that
see

I live in Canada so I ordered mine from NCIX but here's a link to the cable mod website.

cablemod.com/cablemod-widebeam-led-strips/

No my friend has the ROG swift and ran it with a 780 for a while. You won't get the greatest frame rate though.

will look into it

i have a 980ti and it runs very smooth on 1440 144hz
however i would recommend 1070 and up

amd poorfag please fuck off

>being this butthurt that even ancient amd shit can do 1440p 144hz
lol

i can afford the 1080 in my budget but i could use that extra $260 on a really nice chair. I have been torn for the past two weeks deciding which to get and its driving me nuts

why would i be upset at you being poor?

nice try m8

get a 480 or 1060 and buy a Herman miller

R8 me

get the card m8, you wont regret it .. it will run like a fucking beast on 1440

>Hurr durr poorfags

>290x

Enough of this bullshit. He obviously doesn't want to play on low

R8/H8

Crucial Ballistix Tactical (LP) RAM matches the OC Formula's chipset heatsinks pretty spot on. The drawback is that the yellow is only visible from the sides.

They OC well too, I get 1866 @ 10-9-10-24-1N

there is a dedicated shitposting thread for this up at all times on this board. why the fuck did you need to make a separate thread?
and why the fuck is your 4670k only at 4.2

Mine can do shit like
SW:BF maxed out at 70-90 fps
Doom 4 maxed out at 80-100 fps
Dying Light maxed out minus gaymewerks shit at 60-70 fps
so stop bullshitting you don't need a fucking 1080 to do 1440p you only need anything as powerful as a 290x (1060 or 480)

Thanks user

Poofan rubber edges kill it. Buy a pack of Noctua's overpriced Chromax corners in Red. They come in 16 packs so one pack should be enough for those two fans.

Other than that it's bretty good looking. Definitely at least 8/10

Sup Sup Forumsuys. No upgrade for a long while reporting in.

And that's not a PC! That's a hamster.

I put my build in a new case.

Good shit! Is that the R5 nano or whatever it's called? Itx right?

Yeah, it's called the Nano S.

update my psu is dieing

What's it like using internet that fast?

im not sure i can only use half on my main drive at a time