IOS 10 comes with new stuff I want

>iOS 10 comes with new stuff I want
>they pull this

I guess I'll be apart of the iOS 9 percentage.

money.cnn.com/2016/08/01/technology/apple-pistol-emoji/index.html?sr=LINECNN080116apple-pistol-emoji0530PMStory

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2016/08/01/technology/apple-pistol-emoji/index.html?sr=LINECNN080116apple-pistol-emoji0530PMStory
tomsguide.com/us/iphone-jailbreak-risks,news-18850.html
howtogeek.com/227214/why-you-shouldn’t-jailbreak-your-iphone/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only place that cares: Texas

It's not specifically the about the gun, it's the forced pollitical correctness. Eventually they'll start censoring because of "cyber bullying".

This is why you don't let gay men and women run tech companies.

Do more expensive boots taste better?

just buy a fucking custom sticker pack then you shitpiss

This is the entire reason I'm selling all my Apple products. I want a phone with CM again so bad. Fuck this SJW horse shit.

How often do you use the pistol emoji that this is such an issue it's preventing you from upgrading?

Never. See post related below

So just upgrade and downgrade if it gets worse

My 6s is the best phone I've ever had, I'm not selling but I won't be upgrading.

Maybe if iOS 10 is jailbroken and I can edit the emojis, but I doubt that will happen

Not all gay men are SJW faggots.

Take Peter Thiel. Based as fuck.

iOS 10 will be jailbroken. Unless Apple goes rootless or finds a way to keep the system partition truly read only, jailbreaking will live on. I've been hacking iOS for years actually. I've released a few tweaks here and there but nothing more because /r/jailbreak is full of cancerous assholes nobody in the public (normies) really cares about jailbreaking anymore. I've been contributing to XDA projects more and more lately. At least the Android community thanks people for their work instead of shitting on them for small technical reasons. That's mostly why I'm moving to Android and Android development.

What android tweaks user? Any for xposed or lIke even custom roms?

>Normies no longer care about jailbreak
They never did user. The only people who ever cared were geeks who probably ended up with an android in the end. Normies just want a phone that works.

The definitely did. I can't even tell you how many times I've jailbroken a normie's iDevice

I've helped with some touchwiz based roms for the galaxy tab 4 7 inch and I've helped with getting root on some complicated stuff like some prepaid samsung phones. I'm working a way to get around knox on an at&t note 5 so I can root without tripping it and possibly a bootloader unlock. Right now you need to flash an engineering kernel to root but it's still a pretty half assed root. I've screwed around with the priv as well.

Back when you needed root access to change the home screen wallpaper they did for sure. People still do it to pirate apps and music. The alternative is signing the IPA files yourself every 7 days if you don't want to be jewed out of $99 for a dev account.

>downgrading on a iPhone

>implying it's impossible or even hard

You know what you're doing congrats. Also can you root the att note 5? I've read on XDA that you can't. On a side note that's how the s7 edge foot root through a eng-boot aswell

That's some pretty weak shit, changing an emoji doesn't mean less people are going to get shot.

>use Reddit
>mad they don't care

user you're doing it wrong.

>Apple needs to sign the downgrade firmware

>Apple was so locked down that they needed to jailbreak to change THERE OWN wallpaper

You can't downgrade with backed up SHSH blobs anymore?

No apple patched that with the iPhone 4s and and ios 5.1.1 for other devices. Sorry

Why're you apologizing? I don't use that shitware.

Unless you have your signature hashes and baseband tickets saved as well as a powerful exploit for the first or second stage bootloader you won't be able to downgrade. A bootloader exploit would allow a downgrade but without signature hashes you'll be tethered. Your baseband will also not be backwards compatible if you downgrade far enough so forget about cellular. I don't know what's changed but the baseband info is used by the iBoot to populate the device tree so your phone might not even boot to a functional kernel, let alone the springboard. Downgrading iOS devices isn't impossible but it sure is a pain in the ass.

Yes, I can root it. The tricky part is getting the device not to brick itself. Knox uses a root of trust layer thingy which means that if anything outside of a set list of things is run as root it'll totally shit itself.

Why do you think I'm leaving the iOS jailbreaking community?

This is true. Knowing that they won't, you're left with limited choices.

Are you 12? Stop acting so surprised. This was iOS 1-3 by the way.

Signature hashes mean fuckall without a bootloader exploit.

They didn't patch it, they just introduced APTickets which are a whole different beast.

>he gives even A SINGLE FUCK about emojies

I want normalfags to go back to facebook

>Yes I can root it
Good job man. Question though. Is it a temp root or a perm root? If it's a perm root release it on xda and EVERYONE will love you

>It will also introduce new and revamped emojis that show women doing stereotypically male jobs like detective, construction worker, and police officer.

Why?

>There are new female athletes, a pride flag, and family options for single parents.

Why?

At this point, Russia is looking like the only liveable nation left for non-cucked people.

>caring about emoji
>being so butthurt about emojis
LMAOOO

>release it on xda and EVERYONE will love you
Permanent, but there's a 50/50 chance it'll brick your device. To be totally honest rooting the note 5 is like feeling my way around a dark, oil covered room and hoping I don't fall. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing so until I figure it out I'll hold onto what I have. I think it could be patched by specialized software updates too. It's hard to explain. It's like a sorta kinda permanent root. The chinks have better security than Apple.

I agree, you should definitely leave the country

IT'S THE PRINCIPLE

What tweaks for iOS user? Also any tips for taking up iOS development?

I have an iPhone and a Windows laptop

>people thinking it's about emojis and not the principle

Newfags, all of the

See pic related. I'm fucking done with iPhones. I'm saving up for a Note 7 now. I fucking hate my iPhone 6s plus so fucking much, god fucking dammit I really wish I could go back in time and kill myself when I was at the apple store.

>overpriced

You pay for quality

>no mSD slot

Who cares?

>shit res screen

Nope

>shit camera

Nope

>shit battery life

Nope

>shit mobile OS

Nope

>no native file browser

Who cares?

>can't use phone as a flash drive

Who cares? It's a phone

>have to use lagtunes to access one

I'll give you that

>can't share files other than photos/videos over wifi

Who cares?

>can't share jack shit over bluetooth

You can live without this "used once a year" feature I am sure

>no back button

Good. Swiping is better

>shit multi-tasking

Who cares? It's a phone, silly

>less apps

Better quality and more current/secure etc.

>encryption is full of backdoors

Nope

Android is ok when you're poor and immature using it for: ricing for fun, sharing files like a good criminal and generally acting like a cYboR haCK3r with your redundant file browser and cli on a phone. Once you graduate to grown-up, non-neet status you get a comfy iPhone.

What are you, my girlfriend now?

>refute the original post and that image many times
>no one caps my refutation

You're either Vomit chan and you took your trip off, or an android shill.

Anyway iPhones fucking blow no matter how much of a sour grape you turn into. I'm fucking done with this shit.

ugh, like, who cares if it doesn't do anything, ugh
MOOOOM

Hey guys with all this dumb shit going down, I'm thinking about jumping ship. What's a good Android upgrade to an iPhone 6s?

note 7

>unironically using fruit phones controlled by a degenerate homosexual
You dug your grave, now lie in it.

Why do people care about such things?

Get a mac or install GNU/Linux. You'll need libimobiledevice and ifuse. Obviously you'll need a jailbroken iOS device. Also cydia impactor helps to self sign your apps. I used AppleScript and Objective C. Haven't published any tweaks since early iOS 7. Took down my repo too. You should make apps in Swift now though. Start studying a jailbroken iOS device. There are some fun command line tools I used to use for monitoring the OS and running apps/services on my phones over ssh. I forgot what they're called though.

BE SURE TO USE A DEDICATED DEVICE FOR YOUR DEV WORK

Battery life is terrible unless you have a 6 plus. A native file browser is super useful. The lack of decent terminal emulators is also shit. I always install iFile and mTerminal after jailbreaking. The apps like System and Security Info that included useful things like jailbreak detection have removed. This hurts users more than it helps them. Also the encryption is strong as fuck. Don't let that fool you. Apple has remote access to your device whenever they feel like it. Your serial number can be used to access the device. How do you think Apple support runs diags on your shit and opens stuff on your screen over the phone? First thing I do after jailbreaking is I ssh into my phone and remove all of these things. My phone is safer and more secure AFTER jailbreaking.

I don't get it, aren't all of you iphone users homosexuals irl? I thought you would all instantly be okay with this.

There are surprisingly a large group of non-degenerates using iPhones for some reason that make up like 25% of iPhone users. Probably just tech illiterates and old people trying to look hip.

>lolol xDDD applel iz gay guise
How's it feel to spout retarded memes that are older than you are?

No I'm actually being serious. Everyone I know who owns an iPhone is almost always a homosexual. In fact it's such a huge icon for homosexuality that girls in my area pretty much avoid or friendzone for life any dude with an iPhone.

I guess by your logic android users should be okay with replacing the toilet seat emoji with a picture of a street

>My phone is safer and more secure AFTER jailbreaking

Aw lawdy. Thanks user. I almost spat my almond milk all over my monitor.

Yeah okay kid

>i use a massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit to get root privilege and basic android features and then prevent apple from patching it so i can keep those features, while inviting russian hackers to freely steal all of my login/passwords and data
>this is how utterly shit stock iOS is and what i'd rather settle with so i can "break out of jail"

????

>implying this actually happens
l
m
f
a
o
no

Pic related. Half the shit in /Applications doesn't show up on your home screen. About a third of that is spyware.

I'm not Russian and I don't steal from people. How is Android any different? I'm doing the "massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit to get root privilege" thing with samsung phones too.

Both of you are obviously too tech illiterate to understand what I'm talking about but I'll try anyway.

You guys realize homosexuality is a sin right?

Have fun removing app sandboxing and running practically everything as root.

I fought that thing in Diablo 3

I haven't removed sandboxing. The only thing I have allowed root permission that aren't stock are Cydia, mTerminal, iFile, and OpenSSH and it's shortcut. I actually feel safer knowing that I have complete control over sandboxing now.

>I haven't removed sandboxing.

Effectively, yes you have.

>The pitfalls of jailbreaking

>The biggest problem with jailbreaking is that it disables the "sandboxing" feature of iOS, a key part of the operating system's security architecture.

tomsguide.com/us/iphone-jailbreak-risks,news-18850.html

That's partly what makes jailbreaking insecure.

>This is why you don't let gay men [...] run tech companies.
Straight men aren't tech literate, and straight men are the reason women are allowed in tech.
See: Charles Babbage and Lovelace, See: Turing
Stop invading other groups' hobbies and demanding we accommodate you. You're the problem.

Literally caring about security on a phone
>WAAHHHHH I NEED IT FOR WOR-
Then buy a shit phone specifically for work you fuckhead.

>sour grapes

Come back when your toys can download a file to local storage without half assed third party programs

>thinks it removes sandboxing
You fucking tard. It doesn't remove it. It just exploits it so that you can run other things as root. This is no different than having root access on your PC. Sandboxing is still very much there, it's just now more flexible and forgiving. This can be good or bad. I know what I'm doing. You don't so obviously you'd do something stupid with that much power. Stay in your walled garden.

>Literally caring about security on a phone

I care about security in general and don't own a smartphone. What now?

Stop eating shit from your foot Stallman.

Nope. You are wrong. So wrong it's quite amusing. Being wrong, you are now looking pretty stupid. Instead of re-evaluating your silly position, you're doubling down into denial. I don't really care desu. Enjoy your illusion of control and lack of security. I guess Dunning-Kruger means you know better than Apple engineers and other people that actually know a little more than you about security, eh?

So tell me Mr. Enlightened one, master of security, sucker of Apple cock, how exactly is the sandboxing removed in the process of root? Obviously you must know!

Actually read the link I quoted above for a start. I have faith you can read.

>Newfags, all of the
Thee is spelled with two E's, dumbass.
Winfag and apple users are both illiterate.

Apps still run sandboxed with jailbreak.
Effectively the apps always run in sandbox, unless they have a way of "asking" for root access, as it is with android.
Easily noticable if you have any status bar twaeks running, as they're temporairly disabled in-app (hooks don't work in root processess)

Generally no app can request root access, unless it was a jailbreak-specific app, like cydia and whatnot, seeing how:
A) They wouldn't pass QC/AppStore requirements
B) System apps already run without root for the most part

Other than that all iOS tweaks are simply hooked into methods for processes.
When you dll inject, do you always escalate the privileges to root, you dumb fucker?

> The pistol and other weapon emojis have landed people in trouble with the law. A 12-year-old in Virginiawas chargedafter allegedly threatening her school in an Instagram post that used a gun, knife and bomb emoji. A teen in Brooklyn was arrested for posting apolice emojiwith pistol emojis pointing at his head. The charges were later dropped.

Shit son, we should block all forms of communication then. Anybody could draw a gun and a school/police officer, or anybody could write them in words. Why stop here, why not get rid of the knife and bomb emoji too then?

Retards.

I can, I saw nothing saying anything other than the fact you can now access the root account. Specifically what lines from the article mention disabling sandbox?

Your position is effectively like saying Windows cannot be hacked because of UAC. "IT needs root" you shout. What a pleb.

Enjoy your illusion of security. Even Hacking Team's own documents stated that hacking a jailbroken iPhone is ultra easy compared to stock.

>Jailbroken iPhones Are *Much* More Vulnerable to Attack

>“Hacking Team” is an Italian security firm that was recently hacked, itself. Hacking Team sells hacking tools to governments around the world, including repressive ones. Leaked documents from Hacking Team indicate that its tools can compromise jailbroken iPhones, but not iPhones that haven’t yet been jailbroken. This means that attacks exist against jailbroken iPhones, but not non-jailbroken iPhones. Sure, it’s possible that another attack might exist somewhere, but almost all malware for iPhones has been limited to jailbroken devices.

howtogeek.com/227214/why-you-shouldn’t-jailbreak-your-iphone/

Perhaps read closer and maybe search for the part I had quoted.

>is arguing with someone who has been working with iOS devices since they hit the shelves in 2007
>doesn't understand that Apple and its employees have lied many times
Apple is strictly against jailbreaking because of piracy and their buttanger over users having their way. If an Apple employee didn't say everything he could to scare people away from jailbreaking he would be fired. You may think you know more than me, unfortunately you do not. I'm not going to have an info digging war with you, so here's a question you can't find the answer to unless you've worked with iOS devices:

When an iOS device SecureROM starts, what is the address of SRAM and why is it at the location it's at? What makes this location important in relation to the main purpose of the SecureROM?

This is simple stuff. Answer correctly or piss off.

This guy gets it.

>mfw niggers will leave it in droves
RIP Apple, you killed the only group of people retarded enough to buy your shit.

BAN ASSAULT EMOJIES

>This is simple stuff. Answer correctly or piss off.

It is simple. So simple I'm not going to entertain you. Are you mad yet?

You are a prime example of Dunning-Kruger syndrome run amok with an air of superiority that is not justified.

I guess you just know better with your shitty file browser and CLI acting like Mr. Hacker, eh m8?

Everything can be hacked. That's the reason why jailbreak exists in the first place you faggot.

There are always ways to break out, exploit, run as root. We're talking about the every-day scenario, as the former should be fucking obvious on a technology board.

>it's easier to break into software that has been broken into already by someone
No shit sherlock.

What next, you'll tell me that windows is more vulnerable to attacks than linux, or that xp's support ended?

It's possible to break into iPhones directly from Safari, on non-jailbroken firmware.
So your point is completely moot.

>So your point is completely moot.

What point would that be?

Did you know that Peter Thiel is a homosexual?

Come back when you dont need a third party messaging app, third party music app, third party video app, third party mail client app to actually make your phone enjoyable to use

>Are you mad yet?
No. You gave no answer because you don't know. The correct answer is that the address of SRAM is always the same as the address of the LLB. The reason for this is that the low level bootloader is loaded there by the SecureROM after the image is validated and decrypted with help from the AES module. The SecureROM is the first stage bootloader (hardware) while the iBoot is a the second stage. The LLB acts like a bridge between them. The address of SRAM has to be the same as the address for the LLB in the instructions held in the only part of the SecureROM that is genuine ROM. The address of the iBSS form the DFU image also runs a the same address as SRAM, since the SecureROM can only load one of those files at a time.

PISS OFF YOU FUCKING MONG.

>A French court ruled a pistol emoji could constitute a death threat, sentencing a man to three months in prison for texting the gun to his ex-girlfriend.

WHEN WILL IT STOOOOOOP

>No

Quite clear you ain't mad, no sir. Nope. You even had to not take 30 minutes to calm down to reply.

>You gave no answer because you don't know.

I know more than you.

>The correct answer is

I already know. You just can't help copy and pasting old knowledge. Jeez.

>PISS OFF YOU FUCKING MONG.

Nah, Imma stay a while longer.

that can't be fucking real
it's shit like this that will make me go permanently innawoods
the problem is the world is a shitshow and it's too entertaining to stop watching

>yfw when ted was right

>take 30 minutes to calm down to reply
I was in the shower. Some of us have lives outside of the basement.

>I know more than you
>copy and pasting old knowledge
Prove it. Tell me something about iOS devices. Better yet, ask me anything about them. I'll answer and I'll know if you're making shit up too. I know these things inside and out. There's no way to dodge this bullet. Ask me something or prove yourself a mouth breather who doesn't know what he's talking about. Go.

>>app
>third party messaging app
Default sms client works fine

>music app
>implying itunes is good
Default CM13 and touchjizz music players just werk

>video player
Default ones just werk

>third party mail client
Default ones just werk

Come back when you don't need to install literal chinese botnet in order to do stuff that's considered basic for shitty UMPCs.

>I was in the shower. Some of us have lives outside of the basement.

So you admit to leaving your basement for a shower? Is this a regular occurrence for a super hacker like yourself?

>Prove it.

Ok, easy. What was the nature of the exploit that the feds used in order to get into Mr Jihad's iphone?

If you can't answer this, I'm afraid you are full of shit. But we knew that anyway, didn't we?

this

>exploit that the feds used in order to get into Mr Jihad's iphone?

kek

stop forcing your agenda by censoring speech

Either using the lack of Secure Element to their advantage or more likely an iBoot exploit since I have one myself for A6 devices (this includes the 5c). With an iBoot exploit you could easily own the AES module any of the utilities included in the system partition of the device to decrypt the user partition, especially since the iBoot is interactive over USB. It really would be a piece of cake. On anything running iOS 9 or lower there's also a glitch that allows you to try as many passcodes as you like while iTunes tries to sync it.
>be mr fbi
>have interns sit at table with macbook and phone all day
>plug in phone
>try 3 or 4 passcodes
>unplug
>repeat

Keep going. Your ignorance is hilarious.

Oh, one more thing. I need to go shopping. I don't live with mommy so I need to buy my own tendies.

Anyone with a 32-bit iOS device on iOS 9.0 or lower wanna try the glitch? It's quite amusing.

>iBoot exploit

So a glorified jailbreak. Which you imply does not make the phone any less secure when jailbroken. Hmmmm.

>Your ignorance is hilarious

Please tell me how I am ignorant. Give some examples.

>I need to go shopping

No, you're just running away. I'll bet you're still here.