conky/speccy thread

>first to post speccy.png
>my speccy when

lol windows 10

lol shit pc

>insults
>takes bants poorly

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Do people actually have 800MHz ram or is it Speccy just reading it wrong?

Dual channel is 800MHz x 2

Oh

What's a conky

its when niggers straighten their hair

make sure your punches land next time, frog.

Just got done reinstalling Windows 10 Enterprise for the anniversary update version. It's nice.

Question...just got a 1060 6gb, but Speccy only reads 2gb for Vram. Windows also only find 2gb for dedicated video ram

I had a 2gb hd265 before this, but thought i wiped all the drivers before i installed the nvidia ones. did i miss something in my driver cleansing?

It's actually pretty common for nvidia to say a card has more than it does

Dont be retarded
Speccy is shit, it also claims 8GB GTX 1080s have 4GB of vRAM.

It isn't accurate especially for newly released hardware considering it was last updated in december and the update was for a W10 fix to keep it form being uninstalled automatically.

Is this the new Windows 10 thread?

How come your browser tabs have:
>How to take screencapture
>Saenai Heroine no...
>Gay sex with hats...
>Breaking point

old memes

Ddr, not dual channel. Dual channel could be sdr

Just bought a 1070. Has 4gb vram. Thought maybe it was just me. Maybe I'm reading something wrong.

Hhmm thanks for the info. Windows also reports only 2gb dedicated vram, so i'll just wait for the next driver ver, see if it clears thing up. Seems like most other things detect the correct card at least, but havent tested with games

I don't see why people don't use HWiNFO64 or something else instead of speccy.
Gives more or less the same info, only it's accurate and maybe formatted a little poorly with a little information overload here and there.

At least it doesn't think that my RAM is 31-31-31-63. Which it isn't.

I want to put a new mobo and i5 2500k so I can reuse my ram, case, and GPU. This was my first build and I really didn't know what I was doing as you can tell.

I dont get this, isn't the point of keeping a computer for so long that when you DO finally get a new computer it will be a huge multi-generational leap.

You'll be spending a decent chunk of money for an upgrade in CPU power, but basically a side-grade in platform features. No USB type-C or PCIe 3.0, no M.2 SSDs, etc etc.

I mean its your money, but seems a bit stupid to me.

>isn't the point of keeping a computer for so long that when you DO finally get a new computer it will be a huge multi-generational leap.
No, it depends on who you are. I just want to reuse some things because I'm cheap

PCI-E 3.0 wasn't out when 2500k was a thing? Guess I should go newer.

you forgot
> internet explorer

raided 850 pro
55js9000

GP100 > GP102

I don't think it's worth reusing that RAM. You'll lock yourself into DDR3, and it's not unlikely you'll feel the need to upgrade from 8GB of RAM at some point in the future.
I mean I'm managing to use 11GB of my RAM at all times. It's not that hard.

planniing on upgrading ram and getting an ssd/another hdd.

forgot pic

Dynamic RAM allocation, if you have more RAM installed your OS will use more of your RAM.

If you have 8GB of RAM installed you'll only use 3-4GB usually. If you have 16GB installed you can easily see it use 8GB+ if you have 32GB installed you can idle on the desktop using over 10GB.

i5's havent improved all that much since the i5 2500k. if you can get it for cheap and are planning on overclocking id go for it.

is it worth getting another 750 ti to sli in like the next year or two

no because you'll still have 2gb of vram. sli scales really bad too.

nah just pick up a second hand card

No, it's not that
I was trashing page file back when I had only 8gb.

The 750 Ti isn't capable of SLI. It doesn't have the connector.

Only time I had high ram usage was when I decided to try out w10. works fine on my machine.

it came with an SLI cable in the box tho

I use programs that have a taste for memory. Even games do these days, tho. Like gta5 loves memory.

To bait replies like yours

I hate summer.

fucking weeb

>so many i7s

Woah, Sup Forums doesn't know shit about computers.

But I render videos all the time for my shitty youtube channel

jelly as fuck of that storage

though wouldn't it be better to put it all in a dedicated box (a NAS)?

>hard drive starts clicking
>which one is it

Would Recommend: GPU (Bought it cheaper than an RX 480)
Would not recommend: Toshiba HDD. Ever

Sponsored by RazerĀ© products
Cable management is for faggots

>botnet 10

FUCKING NORMALFAGS

LEAVE!!!!!!!!

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Just fuck me up
Gotta replace my 5570 with the R9 380 I've got

I wish I had that right now. 780Ti hurts on 4K. But I can feel it, the 1080Ti is near.

Will GTX 1070 price drop during Black Friday or when Vega is released? Is it worth waiting?

this is my actual nas for now..

Just got my 1070

I wanna fucking kill myself

Overall shitstorm about recent GPU models and their insane prices prevents me from making update.

How long will it last, really?

tell me that is not Idle cpu temp

>32-bit
user...

Just fuck my shit up senpai

can we get some proper rules in these threads?

NO windows 10
NO AMD cpus
NO less than quad cores

I wrote a little Lua function if you want to spit out text based on the status of a command:
require 'cairo'

function run_command_output_at(display, command, if_true, if_false, x, y)
local function run_command()
local status, output, code = os.execute(command)
if status == 0 then
return if_true
else
return if_false
end
end

local font = "ubuntu"
local font_size = 11
local caption_fg_colour, caption_fg_alpha = 0x000000, 0.3

cairo_select_font_face (display, "ubuntu", CAIRO_FONT_SLANT_NORMAL, CAIRO_FONT_WEIGHT_NORMAL);
cairo_set_font_size (display, font_size)
cairo_set_source_rgba (display, rgb_to_r_g_b(caption_fg_colour, caption_fg_alpha))
cairo_move_to (display, x, y);
cairo_show_text (display, run_command());
cairo_stroke (display);
end

You need Cairo bindings in Lua, obviously. (Though I think Conky includes those by default.)
I use it to keep an eye on the status of some servers and services.

Besides that, I use a modified version of Conky Grey.

speggi threads are just closet Sup Forums dick measuring contest

GET THE WATER NIGGA

Full goyim mode

>All those sheckles
>A fucking 960 instead of a 1080 or a Titan X or even a 980ti

Bad goy! You're not even trying!

I got it two months ago when the 10 line wasn't even announced yet, gonna swap it for 1070 soon, I think.

my 950 pro arrived today ;)

If you're going to use windows (which everyone does for gaymen) you may as well use the best. Don't act like Windows hasn't put that shit on every iteration out there so if you are running any windows you're a fucking retarded faggot that thinks he's le epic hackerzman and need to kys.

>2 months ago
>10 series wasn't announced

Are you fucking retarded? Every knew that shit was coming out this summer back in like November. lol

>inb4 macfag

I like calling it "El Captain" or "El Caption" and watching their users squirm.

Nigga blow on it or some shit. Dayum.

Do I win?

mfw no one owns a space heater

Unexpected rise in student accommodation cost slashed me 1070 budget and sent me to the poorfag dungeon, should I go for a 1060 or 480?

Will replace the monitor with one that corresponds to my choice of card

Nice. Did you get a barebones from somewhere or piece it all together? I have need, but I'm not sure if pulling a T5600 off Ebay is the best way to do it.

water cooled right ?