Hey Sup Forums i want your opinions

Hey Sup Forums i want your opinions

GNOME vs KDE

thinking of xmonad these days

KDE if you were using Windows before
Gnome if you were using Gnome before

KDE is the future

This

Gnome feels more like using a Mac, KDE is somewhat similar to Windows.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter all that much, because even with installing both at the same time you don't lose any serious resources and you might want to do that anyway, since some applications dependant on either Gnome or KDE have no serious counterparts in the other environment.

People have been flinging shit at each other over which one is better since the dawn of time, I say just install both and try it out, use whatever you're more comfortable with.

Their are both decent, and that was something I couldn't say for a looong time. Buy finally plasma 5 is stable and Gnome 3 after 20 fucking iterations is actually pretty good

Both are bloated as fuck.
You shouldn't even use a desktop environment. Just using a window manager is much simpler and also much lighter.

Kek

kde

KDE = we give you the choice to customize your DE the way you want.

Gnome = accept our choices or install a bazillion scripts from unofficial repos run by random shady nerds to customize it

KDE. Call it a Windows knock-off all you want, but at least it

1) Actually honors the user's configurations
2) Is focused on a kb+mouse environment rather than touch-based one

unlike a particular GTK-based DE.

It is bloated in comparison to something like XFCE, but I think the features justify it. Compare Thunar to Dolphin and you'll see what I mean.

Bloated your anus, faggot. Fucking install KDE Neon and tell me what's bloat about it.

It runs under 100MB of RAM and includes only basic applications for you to install only new ones you need, bullshit-spreader

xfce t b h f a m

Xfce

>mfw

>Their are

Gnome

desu senpai

I miss KDE 3. Everything else is shit.

No
MATE if you were using Gnome before
Gnome if you were using OS X before

I'm more of a KDE guy. You know what they say... old habits... die hard

After taking the time to get use to it, I like GNOME 3, that's just personal preference though, what ever the fuck you like stick with it.

this desu senpai

My "desktop manager" is a bash script that runs
xfce4-panel &
xfdesktop &
exec xfwm4
Do you even minimal?

>kde
>installed
>has just worked for fucking ever

>gnome
>installed once
>started doing something
>gnome froze then killed x
>tried to log back in to gnome
>gnome either doesn't load (blank X screen) or immediately dies and goes back to login

What do you fucking think?