RX470

Why is no one talking about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is Sup Forums. We don't care about poor people cards

Because the Rx480 was overhyped and AMD Fanbois reguse to be embarresed again.
Also the RX 47p does absolutely nothing for anyone because rx480 performance is now considered the minimum standards for gpus

What market will this be oriented at? Just release the 490 already you faggots

This will be the last nail into AMD coffin. RIP

>cards more poor than the dedicated poorfag crads
lmao

Why are they once again targeting poorfags

because for like $40 more a 480 is a better option.

because amd screwed up, while the 480 is a good product amd made these mistakes.

1. not giving AIB faster samples so they could make AIB cards on day1.
2. actually caring about ref cooler in your position as the loser (just give all cards to AIB and let them release cards with their coolers, nobody wants ref coolers and those who do need ref, certainly wont buy 480.
3. not releaseing a monster high end card. (while this was more of a fuck up, but still, they didnt manage to do it, and everyone knows the performance crown winner will end up selling more overall. its history)
4. Again letting nvidia walk over them, 480 is the superior product, but look at reviews botching 480, Tomshardware used 6/8 gameworks games to review 480. Guru3d didnt even include doom Vulkan. Its a fucking Joke all over.
5. Also Zen might FLOP.

But Sup Forums is comprised mostly of poorfaggot NEETs.

The superior product that has no OC capability, loses to standard 1060, uses way more Watts than a 1070 and is has temps 12°C higher.

The RX480;
They want to target the bigger market.

They somehow believe people who didn't upgraded to a GTX970 two years ago are now going to upgrade to a 480 which provides performance from 2014 in 2016 instead of just jumping to a 1070.

The RX470;
They want to target all the people who didn't bought a GTX960 or 380,280X, etcetera...

So all they have left is people who own stuff like a 560Ti, 750ti, 7850, et cetera. Tragically(for AMD) They don't provide drivers for Windows XP (Which is the biggest budget GPU market with the 750Ti being the most popular GPU used in XP machines)

So now they are pretty much stuck with cards like the 560Ti/7850 which plenty of people already upgraded to a GTX970 two years ago.

People who own stuff like a 7950/7970/280/280x/285/380/380x aren't going to upgrade to a 480 unless they are really stupid.

So in the end all they have left is dumb people or people with dying cards

because after the massive failure that the rx 480 was, not even amd poorfags will believe their lies.

Learn to type, goyim.

case in point: look at all the people who are posting from their fucking phones.
they're either poor as fuck or valley girls. which would make you want to kill everyone on Sup Forums less?

Because nobody is looking for a low end card that uses more than 75W.

I cant wait for tomorrow. Still dont know which 470 model to get though. Are XFX any good?

you're making a lot of sweeping assumptions.

I have a 660Ti, I've been saving all this time for a new GPU.
Give me some good reasons why I should buy a 480 over a 1080Ti?

Because you can buy it right now and price isnt affected by scalpers.
$40-50 cheaper.

because nobody wants to buy a low end gpu.
480 is the minimum for usefulness

/thread

Whatever market the GTX 1060 is going for.

And the RX 360 probably will go for the 1050 market using less than 75w.

That's a really dumb question, and you know it. One is a budget card, the other is a non-existant high end card.

It's like saying tell me why I should buy this Fiat over this Ferrari. Yes, they're both cars, yes they'll both get you from a to b, but they're not even remotely similar.

>Give me some good reasons why I should buy a 480 over a 1080Ti?

>Give me some good reasons why I should buy a bicycle over a car?
>Give me some good reasons why I should buy a mid-range GPU over an enthusiast GPU?

90%+ of users are on 1080p 60hz and will see absolutely no difference in almost everything they do between a $200 RX 480 4gig and a $1200 Titan XP.

Why spend way more than you need to? The 470, 480, and 1060 are the sweet spot for this generation.

Who is dis qt?

the 1080 has more gigabytes so it wins

>>Give me some good reasons why I should buy a bicycle over a car

You see dear user, bicycle doesn't have tax, huge insurance cost or consumes gas while at the same time makes your lard ass thinner.

>no difference.

Try about 200 fps and ultra settings for a start.
Fucking hell trying to justify having a bag of shit poorcunt wank 480 by saying theres no differnce

Yes and the ladies will love getting a lift on a pushbike compared to a nice comfy car that keeps them dry.
As if any fatties on here have ever sat on a bike let alone used one

200fps is not good enough, the human eye can see max 250fps so the 1080 is not really good enough it will be choppy. you should get a titan x instead it has more gigabytes

Who the fuck would buy a high end card if they cant afford a 4k display. No one cares that poorfags like you or baby boomers are stuck on 1080p (or worse) displays. You can get 40" 4k displays for $400 on Amazon, and smaller displays for even less.

cheap freesync monitors

the "4k 40" displays" are the shitty poorfag ones you idiot.
You are worse than the poorfag, you buy shit stuff and claim its good

>Buy 2 x RX 470's
>More powerful than GTX 1070

You can now have twice the problems.

How do you think market research works?

Let me slip in a sq: A few years ago, AMD GPUs were the rage for crypto mining. (Something about them being way faster than NVDA GPUs lacking H/W acceleration support for a particular instruction? IDK).

Is this still the case? Do people even GPU mine anymore? I've heard Bitcoin mining on PCs is really inefficient now. Which cryptos can still be mined efficiently on PCs?

yes amd is still better than nvidia at mining because of the different architecture

the rx 480 is sold out everywhere
considering glofo is printing these cards out on overdrive the only reasonable conclusion is that miners are buying it.

and there's more coins than bitcoin user, mining is bigger than it has ever been before. the Chinks are building warehouses with mining units.

youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I

If only I had known about this shit when it first started.

Im not sure where you were hiding user as it was pretty much all over the news and net.
And yeah the 470/480s are the chinky chonks gpu of choice as its cheap and good for mining.
Of course the diehard AMD dolts on here will claim its all sales to gamers.

updated to 2x RX480 yesterday from 7970 Ghz.
Realized I was basically CPU limited on anything less than Crysis 3 level of graphics, with my 3770k.
Oh well, I'll just use VSR until I buy an actual 4K monitor.

In France it's available everywhere.
Ether they don't sell or AMD wildly overestimated the market here.

Skylake is only around 10% better per clock

And Ivy Bridge usually overclocks 10% better

Just OC mang.

Because even Sup Forums isn't that poor that they can't afford 480.

but why, though?
Every fucking game works very well.
Also, I expect them to be more gpu limited in the future.

Ayy lmao

oh no my poor power bill. What ever will i do??

Uhh...miners are still driving the 480 prices up. I was waiting for them to become cheaper, and sell my current 760 along with my spare pc, but then I found a deal for an used 280x close to me for less than half of what the 480 costs.
Oh well, should be a decent stopgap, the 760 was getting out anyway. Who knows, maybe it can fullfill my needs.

yes dont worry, my mummy and daddy pay for it.

loving how this crowd is all about master race pc builds, yet cry at a sub lightbulb idle consumption.
because you just buy a 2000$ pc when you can't pay your power bill.

I pay for the power bill even though i live with parents. Primarily because i am running a 26u home lab in my room... but yeah, people care way more about performance per dollar than per watt tbhfam

Brave man admitting they still live at home.

just graduated highschool lmfao. joining the navy this winter so i got some NEET timebefore then, feels good

>sub lightbulb idle consumption
A chinese LED lightbulb only consumes 3 Watt.

only ecoautists use LEDs. They are bad for your eyes. Use regular ones for low blue light

You know what I mean.
Classical light bulbs were around for a while, yet we aren't multimilion dollars in debt with power companies.

So on to the topic at hand, is the 470 going to hit even more performance per dollar if it does sell at $150?

480 is already on par with 1060.
470 = 1050

The rest is just for office use.
Honestly, no one gives a fuck, everyone is waiting for 1080ti.

Because no one gives a shit. Bring on the 490 and reasonable stock/pricing of the aftermarket 480 already.

HTPC/animefriends that wanna do a fancy MadVR setup with NNEDI3, AMD is flavor country when it comes to jacking that shit up on the cheap

It's all about long-term investment. I better buy a $800 card now for it to last me 5 years, than invest into upgrades every 2 years.

Building top of the line is actually a very sound strategy, I'm not on a Phenom II 980 + Radeon 6950 and am still able to play most games on high settings after 6 years, with 0 upgrades.

I'm now planning to get a 6700K or 6800K rig with M.2 SSD and a $800 card and I'm sure it will last until 2021.

>I'm not on a Phenom
I'm NOW on a phenom.

>amd
ayy lmao

I don't want my room to further heat up in summer due to shitty AMD drivers tbqh

Just opena window, or do you not have AC? If you're a desert monkey you deserve it.

Depending on how well the 470 performs, 480 prices might settle down to proper prices. If the miners switch to 460/470s, expect a lot of used 480s popping up everywhere.

No one ever looks at the bigger picture even though they claim to be old enough to post in Sup Forums.

I think I'll just use the card that doesn't waste electricity for no reason

Because The type of person who buy AMD cards also buy Nvidia cards and actually use it to play games and other stuff, rather than just standing around trying to find purchase approval.
It's usually Nvidia Kido's who make graphics card war threads, and they're all silent at the moment because Nvidia just LOST the lawsuit over the 970;
Just have a peak at how this thread is going, It's like pent up rage.

Friendly reminder that brand loyalty classifies you as a subhuman incapable of making rational dissensions.

Understated

You have a funny perception of things. It's almost as if you see what you want to see. Might be delusion.

kek nvidia gonna release 1050 and cockblocked this card, amd so fucking dumb releasing 4xx shitty lineup.

>>>reddit

I wish user.. I wish.

Nope mate, I could easily have bought a 1080, but I went 2x 480 for the lulz.
I fucking hate NVidia because they're being fucking cheap with their closed source APIs (read Physx and GimpWorks).
Tesselation, used properly should have raised game quality a lot. But it just didn't happen because NoVideo chose to use it full retard way.

Either troll or retard.

>rx480
>bitcoin mining
It has worse double precision than the 7970 by 1/3.

Given how little time they had to mine with 480's, 470's will need to have mental efficiency to even hope to replace the former so soon. We won't see many 480's for resale in the next weeks, at least much lower than retail prices anyway. I'm actually expecting our classic "used selling more expensive than new" already.

Not him, but how? Nvidia has been seriously fucking over the consumer recently, and seems to be solely out of spite / competitiveness. Paying off developers to make a game perform better on your card than another companies card is kind of a dick move...

>bitcoin

Dead mining by now. Ethereum is the new hotness, until something else shows up anyway.

I pay for my own bill, those are peanuts.

That doesnt answer why they use cards that are to weak for that.

This guy.
I think he might have the sentiment of the comment wrong.
Also, I also dislike how Nvidia does busies, theirs allot more stuff like Planed obsolescence of their own cards, or tampering with benchmarks.

Unless you're gayming at 2160p, a 1080ti is overkill.
For 1080p and 1440p, a 480 is enough for most people.
The 1080ti will last you 6 years, the 480 3 years unless there is a big performance gain

is this a joke?
1060 is 15-25% faster than rx480 (its basically a 980 while rx is a 970)
the1050 will be the equivalent to the rx480 for 200$

Can't SLI 1060s.
$200 is a RX480 anyway.
Also it's gonna age like shit, because gimping.
I swear NoVidiots can't even into economics.

>1060 is 15-25% faster than rx480

In best case scenarios, yeah.
Everything considered it's 10-15% on average.

When Nvidia as see the rx480 they shitted in their pants. So they start selling the 1060 underpriced. They lose some money but they can preserve the market dominance.

A $200 card every 2-3 years is cheaper than a flagship every five and gives as good an experience overall

You don't have to be poor or old to not want to spend thousands on a recreational setup that will depreciate to nothing in under a decade. Most PC users are on 1080p. Flagship gpus are a niche item. Doubling the price of your computer setup to get rid of a few jaggies isn't worth it for most people. It's cool if that's your thing, but you're on the fringe of users

Most gamers aren't good enough for the extra frames to do them any good and really you should drop the money on a high refresh monitor first. Also 480/1060 is more than enough card for CSGOtards and most other twitch shooters.

weeeeee! so this week the 480 is on par with the 1060. Seems to change weekly, last time it was the 980ti. Week before 980

GPU Threads are Cancer
>>>v

The 1070 is 39% faster in dx11 than 480 and about 38% more expensive for evga models. Price/performance doesn't look that bad this way. Should I wait to see what the 490 offers?

Even 1 year old $200 GPUs like the GTX 950 and R9 370 can't play any games today. Buying a flagship card is a requirement if you don't want to upgrade every year.

Would it be a bad idea to CF 2 480s when the API wars are over? Buy one 480 now and get the other later?

>950
>370
>$200
No
That would be the 960 and the 380/x and they seem to be holding their own,the 380/x more so than the 960,they arnt amazing but saying that you need to upgrade every year is bullshit,hell is still rockin my 650 and playing bf4 at med/high and getting between 40-50 fps.
If the benchmarks turn out to be true the Rx 470 is going to be a amazing deal,380x or better performance while using half the power and cheaper too.

And they arnt really that good of a deal most of them are selling for €300+ while you can easily find 8gb 480s for 260-270 euros.

Shit son. I'm running a mildly overclocked 7870 that I bought for $125 two years ago (270x was $200 at the time) and I get framerates averaging in the 50s on Doom with ultra settings. There are very few games that I can't get 60 solid with a few tweaks.

>selling out immediately when they come into stock
>failure
wew lad i wonder whos behind this

GAMER GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEE