Why are you killing amd?

Why are you killing amd?
>approx 5-6 weeks ago the rx480 hypetrain takes off
>people start citing Korean and Indian benchmarks showing it can beat a titan x while running extremely cool and overclocking upwards of 1500mhz
>other benchmark's aren't that optimistic
>"it will beat the 980, perhaps the 980ti after oc"
>the rx480 reference comes out
>cooler is a pajeet-tier poo blower, card runs hot, almost 0 oc ability, barely beating the 3,5g meme card
>a few days of virtual silence from amd shills on Sup Forums
>suddenly Doom releases the Vulkan patch
>AMD shills going apeshit over it, babbling about the "insane" performance boost and "inevitable" implementation of vulkan and async in all major titles to come, pronouncing gtx 1060 dead on arrival
>Nvidia statement: "1060 will give you 980 performance"
>"Hurr, no way, overhyped, rushed paper released shit, cheap parts, rx480 will destroy it"
>Nvidia carries out a proper launch, dozens of non-references versions available instantly, first reviews show it to be roughly on par with the 980, the MSI 1060 barely hitting 60+ degrees at full load while running virtually silent, tons of OC headroom available, 10 fps better than the rx 480, even dx12 don't show the rx480 to gain that much of an advantage
>"M-m-muh sapphire rx480 nitro, m-m-muh fat fuck from sapphire nation and his removable fans"
>Nitro comes out
>much louder and hotter than the 1060, very little oc potential, only slightly better than the reference design in terms of performance
>the only shill left on Sup Forums is some neckbeard faggot who keeps spamming gargantuan tinfoil diatribes about how nvidia utilizes shady tactics to keep AMD down
>still no aib rx480 available to purchase and msi is the only one running relatively cool and silent

AMD is getting killed by its own fanboys.

Well if AMD actually released a good product that'd go a long way

But the rx480 is actually breddy gud, just not as power efficient as the 1060. If they had marketed it as a replacement for the 380 (and kept the price hovering around 220$) it would've really hit a sweet spot.

AMD curry niggers done goofed. Coulda just said the rx480 will be mid-range.

>buy AMD
>it's shit
>learn your lesson and never buy AMD again

It's not that difficult

You can skip the first step too

Listen OP, I'm going to level with you. The majority of people who are going to buy an rx480 are people who just want a decent enough graphics card to play DOTA or LOL. if they want monitor breaking performance, then they'll buy a 1070 or 1080..not a 1060. Also, buying into the Nvidia/AMD hype is exactly what they want you to do. They want you to bitch complain and claim "HURR DURR MY FPS IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!!1!!1"
Just chill out and stop giving a fuck about what other people buy. Buy what you think is the right card and stand buy your purchase. If you have buyers' remorse, then save up for another card. Dick.

>AMD states that the 480 will be around the performance of a 390 and 390x from the get go.
>fanboys of both sides over hype the 480, nvidia shills somehow pick up that the 480 is faster than the 980.
>card is released, and performs as expected, and is built to be a solid card for getting into VR, which was part of the purpose.
>Nvidia shills use false facts after the release of 480, stating it can't live up to the promise of beating a 980, when that was never actually the goal of the card.
>Nvidia shills continue to use false facts to try to justify the shitty price to performance ratio of nvidia cards.

God, you GPU faggots are the worse, I personally look at benchmarks, features, experience and price, and make an informed decision. AMD is my first pick because I never had really any driver issues, nor card troubles, Nvidia on the other hand, I can't stand the common feature of coil whine/buzz.

Just stfu, and pick a card that best fits your neede, and not listen to Sup Forumsaymers on this Shit board.

Why the fuck would you buy something as expensive as an rx480 for dota and lol? You may as well buy a 750ti or rx460

>I personally look at benchmark
>the rx480 is poo in benchmark

This

This desu senpai.

Buy what fits your needs, and don't be a cunt about it.

>the rx480 is poo in benchmark
what are you trying to say with such relative statements?

That it loses in most titles to the 1060, sometimes by a significant margin. The only places where it manages to beat it are Vulkan (Doom, loses in Talos Principle) and a few dx12 games, but not by a lot anyway.

The price is another problem. In Europe the rx480 is only slightly cheaper than a 1060

Are you triggered AMD babbys?

DOTA and LoL players will buy GTX 750, 750 Ti, 950 or whatever else is in that price range. The 480 is not.

>AMD is getting killed by its own fanboys.

Imagine the kind of person that is dumb enough to buy an AMD product.

Then imagine the kind of person who is dumb enough to become an AMD fanboy.

Of course these morons are killing AMD with their own bullshit because they are literally some of the dumbest people on Earth.

The RX480 is really total shit, one of the worst cards released in a long time. Pic related.

>only slightly better than the reference design in terms of performance
If going from frying your motherboard to not frying your motherboard is a "slight" improvement, sure.

>buying a GPU for ASSFAGGOTS
I play DotA on the mobile Skylake iGPU.

It's highly unlikely that the reference 480 would fry your motherboard. It's bad that it goes over the limits, but some cards do it when overclocked and motherboard deaths aren't that typical.

slightly, why didn't you buy the 1080 or Titan X are you poor or smth?

Im not poor but im not rich either, The performance difference didn't seem worth it for 700$
Buying a Titan would just be retarded

DFW returned by msi gtx 1060 and thinking about getting an aib rx 480.

MSI has done a tremendous job -- the 1060 barely turned its fans on when I was playing and when it did they hovered around 30% and were dead silent. I read they are the only aib partner that managed to tame the rx480 chip. Sapphire is shit and loud.

The RX 480 isn't hard to "tame". It's less power hungry than a GTX 980. The MSI 980 has its fans off even when playing less intensive games.

>DFW

So why the 1060 with the huge msi cooling barely reached 63 degrees while the rx480 hits 74-75? There is no possibility of OC with this shit. The fun part is that there are evga mini 1060 which are cheaper than the aib rx 480

Because the 1060 uses like 40W less power? Might have something to do with it, just saying.

You can OC, I doubt the fans are anywhere near 100%.

Isn't X80 the way of saying it is the replacement...?

People who have these debates over which fucking company they give their allegiances to are fucking dumb and childish.

I haven't touched anything AMD in 10 years and with good reason.

>I haven't touched anything AMD in 10 years

Should we tell him Sup Forums?

is rx480 really that bad? The AIB partners seemed to have solved a few problems. Sapphire is loud as shit but msi got good reviews.

lets tell him...he needs a redpill

Ok, I'll do it:

AMD is garbage

>using a literal piece of shit to rum games

I expected nothing less from AMD

this

Does the 192 vs 256 bandwidth have any meaning

the gtx 1060 is simply the better product. Once dx12 games start coming out and AMD will still underperform, the shills will give up.

It's over faggots

70-80'c is normal for all graphics cards.

they are rated upto 120 and most cut out around mid 90