Fuck cloud computing

Fuck cloud computing.

Who's with me?

i am

Prove it, fucker.

I dunno user companies prefer making money over having a reliable service.

nothing wrong with it at all, just work within its limitations and strengths

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

I'm not quite ready to go that far, but I'm moving all services back on-site.

There are use cases where things like Azure or AWS work well. Office 365 still works well, but Microsoft is starting to fuck with the licensing more than I want to deal with.

maybe for microsoft azure.

Cloud computing is alright, as long as it's your cloud

so i guess you hate me for paying for a vps in a remote datacenter?

is it as bad as dropbox/gdrive/etc.

wat

there's nothing wrong with cloud computing, it just has limited applications

Funny how the PC drove computing from mainframes to the user, and cell phones drove it right back again.

I don't understand. You're all using Sup Forums, which is run on a server or "cloud". It's cloud computing in a way. Why is everyone so against it?

>Why is everyone so against it?
Because it's getting close to the beginning of the school year and all of the recent-high-school-grad-basement-dwellers are here to:

1) Ask about how to look like a "badass" in their CS 101 class

[power gap]

2) Inanely shitpost about deep learning, "cloud computing", and other dumb stuff they heard about in some movie

shouldn't you be attending a trump rally?

You misunderstood me. I was defending cloud computing. I'm asking why that word "could computing" triggers people like you.

Because is basically a scam. Also everything is becoming cloud computing nowadays, they are just redefining a large set of applications with this stupid umbrella term that doesn't mean anything on its own

It means your applications are hosted by another company and not your own hardware.

So the definition of server?

this

Fuck cloud. Fuck cloud computing. Fuck cloud storage, fuck online installers, fuck always-online, fuck this movement from our PCs that we can control in some degree to unknown servers in fuckland where they are open for fucking anyone.