The new address bar in FF48

>the new address bar in FF48

Why do they want me to switch to a different browser so much? Is Edge worth using after W10 Anniversary gave it browser extensions?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=144832
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/pull/1486
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1291175
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't you use chrome? they both are pretty good botnets, but Microsoft has shit history with browsers

Use classic theme restorer OP

The new address bar is better, why do you autists hate change?

Fuck you in every orifice.

What genius change Mozilla thought to do again?

What did they change? I updated and I'm using a theme so it seems to be unchanged.

Just use vimperator already.

:set gui=none,tabs

Chrome devs say fuck you to your backspace

bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=144832

the new address bars look is closer to the old one from ff2

topkek

it functions like shit though.

Ublock Origin is being ported to Edge.

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/pull/1486

Nobody is going to use edge browser pajeet.

This an edge aka win10 in disguise shilling thread user, get on with the time already

Anyone got pics of this new address bar?

>current year +1
>not using palemoon

why are there so many normalfags on Sup Forums?

>cosmetic change
>every social media retard starts blogging about how it's the worst thing ever

Woohoo, you have an opinion. Please keep it on Facebook where it belongs.

So?

I seriously don't know what the fuck are you guys talking about here. What's the new address bar? I see no difference.

What about it changed user? Looks like it works in the exact same way to me.

Edge seemed alright when I used it to check something once. Sure as shit nicer than the later versions of IE.
I'm just glad that we're at the point that even normal people are using Firefox or Chrome rather than IE7/8 with dozens of toolbars.

I fixed it

>Install Classic Theme Restorer
>Under Location Bar (3) enable:
>>Alternative Appearance
>>Disable Height Limit
>>Remove Search With

The address search bar becomes as wide as the browser itself

Also disabling browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete no longer works

>browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete
What did that do?

>
>
>
>
>The address search bar becomes as wide as the browser itself
... and?
The URL bar is used to write an address, the dropdown is shown only for the short time you're typing and goes away afterwards.
What's the problem and how edge will save me from this crime against humanity?

Disabling that fixed the "awesome"bar, removing some top entries that offered nothing of value.

>Disabling that fixed the
wat

using 48 don't see the difference

Exactly that. Setting browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete to false used to disable a number of modifications on the awesome bar. That setting no longer works, you now need to use an extension to restore the previous functionality and style.

Same, he must have been using FF 2.0.0.5

I wanted to know what those modifications where, because I did not notice any change other than a small cosmetic changes.

This is what the new address bar looks like

Use ESR

Looks the same to me pham

You can't scroll anymore

gay
brb switching to Vivaldi

SJWfox hasn't yet gotten so bad that I'd do myself the indignity of installing yiffymoon.

The changes have taken place during the last few versions, so the people who really noticed were the ones that had that setting disabled from the start

- Firefox sometimes suggests sites to visit that have nothing to do with what you're typing. In the past, disabling the unified awesome bar fixed it.
- You generally get a lot more suggestions depending on your search engines
- The first entry shows up as either a search or a visit suggestion, which would be the default action when pressing enter.
- You are limited on the number of entries that show up, which is further limited by the various switch/search/visit entries that show up

The cosmetic changes vary from simply annoying to mildly infuriating, depending on how much you use the address bar as a history quick search.

it works for me. but i have it set to display 100 items so.. by default there's like 10 or 15..

>- The first entry shows up as either a search or a visit suggestion, which would be the default action when pressing enter.
I have to agree with this.
Are there no settings to change this behavior other than that one?

>- You are limited on the number of entries that show up, which is further limited by the various switch/search/visit entries that show up
no, you can change the amount of results returned in about:config. I have it set to 100 and have scroll

browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
browser.sessionhistory.max_entries
browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo
browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete

play with these

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1291175
>I accept your opinion, but it's an opinion. We spent time working on improving the awesomebar and we think we did. You don't like what we did, that's fine, we accept your opinion, but we are not going to throw away all the work just because of that. Especially if there is no suggestions on how to improve things apart from "revert everything".

ayy

Yes, do what suggests to restore functionality.

Yes, but my point was that the default limit of items decreased compared to previous versions, AND you now get extra items taking place on this already limited space. You can set whatever amount of items you want, just like you can restore two-line functionality and remove the extra entries.

Honestly "revert everything" would solve all of Firefox's problems if they iterated it enough times.

I think that the old Opera knockoff UI was the high point. Half the reason I use the Nightly update channel is because the theme is much more compact and lets me pretend that it isn't a Chrome knockoff.
It being the first with x64 support didn't hurt.

shiit

I think this change broke the Oldbar add-on. now it keeps suggesting "moz-action:searchengine,{ ..." crap whenever I type stuff into the address bar

any clue how to fix this?

I wanted you to know that this made me laugh some.

i like the new address bar, gives me more information than previously

>- You are limited on the number of entries that show up,
ok that sucks, what is the down arrow good for now? some quick dial and nothing else

>not using alt+left/right

Do people that use backspace to go to the previous page really exist?

I mean, if I have a hand on the mouse, I can just click the "back" button, and if both hands are on my keyboard, I can just move my left hand thumb to alt and my right hand to the arrow keys. Is it always the same guy that bitches about the backspace thing in chrome or something?

i enjoyed reading gantz

The Mozilla team is working hard to make firefox more and more a pain in the ass to use so they don't have to update it for the zero users

I'm actually triggered by this post

go die in a fire

because abandonware/uncertainware

I don't see any difference.
By "The address search bar becomes as wide as the browser itself", do you mean the bar itself or the dropdown suggestions menu?

Because in those screenshots the bar itself doesn't look different at all.

Why are you such a whiny spoiled cunt? Seriously is complaining and crying all day the only thing generation Z can do?
It's just a bigger address bar for fucks sake, give it 1 day and you'll forget what the old address bar looked it

t. dev edition user that went through it

>using backspace to go back in browser history
vimfx masterrace reporting in

Just fucking switch already and leave

Yeah, by fixing the Oldbar addon. If fixing it is out of your expertise, disable it and use an older version of Firefox.

why is firefox dev team filled with fucking faggots right now? why dont they just fuck off to chrome team if they like it
fucking leave this browser alone you dumb shit

Do you really think people complaining in this thread are real people and not just microshills trying to lure you in the botnet10?

isn't there extension to fix it? or just use chromium

ahhhhh, 4chans subtle retorts always make my day.

what changed in the address bar?

>muh sjws
grow up

When you typed in the URL bar the drop down list would originate from the URL bar itself and be limited by it. Now the results are stretched to the entire window which looks terrible.

So still no about:config way around it? This shit is too clunky, and why do they even bother changing it all the time? Is someone complaining about how it was before?

Why even bother updating Firefucks?

To fix:

Install addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
Go to Options - Location Bar (3) - Alternative appearance.

>installing addons to fix the browser
Fuck this shit

You should have already had it installed to remove ugly rounded tabs.

Just switch to Pale Meme ;)

>Complaining about addons on the browser that is only as popular thanks to addons
If installing addons triggers you then why the fuck are you using Firefox? Just use Chrome/Chromium.

If the only addons you have on Firefox are basic adblock shit, then you miss the point of Firefox.

What changed?

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

I use addons to enhance my browser, not to fix their fuckups

Use cyberfox.

Adblocking is not fixing?
I'm sure the only addons you use is some YouTube skin, fucking faggot

Adds are not the browser's fault
And no, I use Descentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, Open With, stuff like that.

The dropdown.

Hey, that seems pretty good.
Is it still getting updated? It's not a botnet right?

>not using waterfox with ublock origins, https everywhere, webrtc, greasemonkey, and tree tabs

What are you, stupid?

This is the most annoying thing. Hitting enter after typing 'boards' used to take me to Sup Forums but now it takes me to the root which redirects to Sup Forums.org

That's not adding features, just fixing the web
If you are so autistic to care how your browser looks you can change it
What's the problem?
You can't change chromium UI and it's far to be perfect, Firefox allow you to customize as you like it

Seems to me like you took a screenshot of Chrome

>use windows
>use placebo
>call other people stupid

You can check the changelog, but in short yes it's updated. I don't give a fuck about botnets, I use windows. Looks clean but I haven't tested it myself.

what changed?

>Firefox 100% blocks unsigned extensions and it is impossible to turn it off like on 47.0.1
this is why im making my own web browser, fuck Firecucks.

You can turn it off but if you're too stupid for that... then good luck with making a new web browser.

>opinion detected in thread
>no backing arguments found
>automatic sage

Either tell us why you think it's bad, or else shut your fucking mouth

dumb nigger no you can't I tried, you can however turn it off on 47.0.1 but in 48.0 it's entirely exempt, and im using both EME Free and non EME free versions, you are wrong, try it for yourself in about:config it simply still wont work even with it ticked to false, i tried plenty of times.

why do you use both UB and UM?

Why is she so perfect, bros?

>not 48.0
you are proving my point even more

disable the dropdown then

>using backspace
>instead of mouse4