Never before have I experienced something as ground breaking as this latest windows update. Emphasis on breaking...

Never before have I experienced something as ground breaking as this latest windows update. Emphasis on breaking. This update has utterly fucked my computer. It has reset my custom settings. It has fucked performance. It has increased RAM usage. It has increased CPU usage. All whilst idling. It broke custom modifications in many pieces of software and it has further broken my registry.

The performance in the "new" windows task bar is fucking abysmal, you can't even scroll down quickly without it lagging and pausing to load. You get flooded with thousands of notifications about stupid shit you don't care about. They pin more things to your quick access bar, without asking you. They installed more bloatware. They've created more folders in my documents and C: Drive, none of which I want.

Good job Microsoft, you autistic fucks. You've successfully pissed me off. Now I have to do a fresh install on my machine.

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/windows-10-anniversary-update-will-require-more-ram/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So I shouldn't have updated?

Does the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mean nothing to you?

You should treat each Windows 10 "Milestone" like it's own seperate OS. Microsoft already is.

Prepare to clean install every 6 months if you want to stay on the upgrade train and not deal with bugs and issues.

dumbass fucktard frogposter fell for the win10 meme, and gets his just desserts

Never before have I experienced something as ground breaking as this latest windows update. Emphasis on breaking. This update has utterly fucked my computer. It has reset my custom settings. It has fucked performance. It has increased RAM usage. It has increased CPU usage. All whilst idling. It broke custom modifications in many pieces of software and it has further broken my registry.

The performance in the "new" windows task bar is fucking abysmal, you can't even scroll down quickly without it lagging and pausing to load. You get flooded with thousands of notifications about stupid shit you don't care about. They pin more things to your quick access bar, without asking you. They installed more bloatware. They've created more folders in my documents and C: Drive, none of which I want.

Good job Microsoft, you autistic fucks. You've successfully pissed me off. Now I have to do a fresh install on my machine.

is this a new meme

say shooper dooper update and smile!, OP!

Sure why not

This is why you always create a restore point before major updates.

Did you try pressing the Turbo button?

The Macbook Pro with Retina Display running OS X does not have this problem.

thanks for reminding me to disconnect the network adapter to my win10 VM.

fuck this bullshit

>using Windows

back to Sup Forums dumb frogposter

What exactly did they update/remove this time? I know they were going to remove the search bar in favor of Cortana.

I'm running W10 pro on a newer skylake based system and have yet to see a single thing of more ram/cpu usage while idling.

And I hope windows isn't your OS for daily use OP. I use Windows for games that aren't Linux native, and for editing videos. Everything else is Linux. Just refresh/reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10, turn off everything you can, and use it as sparingly as possible. It becomes easier with time.

>The performance in the "new" windows task bar is fucking abysmal, you can't even scroll down quickly without it lagging and pausing to load.
>you can't even scroll down quickly without it lagging
Did they finally move scroll bar code outside of the kernel?

Installed the update today.

>no increased CPU usage, at least no on my C2Q Q9550
>less memory usage? (it's still bloated, but it seems to use less now)
>i've actually noticed things working faster? might be placebo

I don't really notice much difference besides the new start menu, which is nice.

>mfw they haven't updated my machine yet
:^)

Does Micro$oft purposefully slow down your computer when there's an update you haven't installed or is my pc just shit?

>mom, cancel my meeting. Microsoft fucked my partition again

kek

>yfw even arch is more stable than windows now

/thread

I hate smooth scrolling so much

Never before have I experienced something as ground breaking as this latest meme update. Emphasis on breaking. This update has utterly fucked my computer. It has reset my custom settings. It has fucked performance. It has increased RAM usage. It has increased CPU usage. All whilst idling. It broke custom memes in many pieces of memes and it has further broken my registry.

The performance in the "new" meme task bar is fucking abysmal, you can't even scroll down quickly without it lagging and pausing to load. You get flooded with thousands of notifications about stupid shit you don't care about. They pin more things to your quick meme bar, without asking you. They installed more memeware. They've created more memes in my documents and C: Drive, none of which I want.

Good job memes, you autistic fucks. You've successfully memed me off. Now I have to do a fresh install on my meme.

>tfw running all muh gaems on QEMU PCI passthrough while still keeping my butifel lunix system
kek @ wincucks

Worked on my machine, bro.
Everything works flawlessly.

Maybe you shouldn't have installed all those shitty programs that probably interfered with the update process.

>It has increased RAM usage.

This has been known for months:

zdnet.com/article/windows-10-anniversary-update-will-require-more-ram/

same here, fampai

That's the minimum required RAM for an OEM, not actually what the OS uses. I think they just doubled it because using W10 on a 1GB RAM device is rather shit. I lent my friend my old 1GB netbook and he apparently accidentally updated it from 7 to 10 and it is miserable. This was before the AU. A lot of other people were complaining about similar stuff happening, I don't necessarily think that's representative of more RAM getting used after the update.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

dumb frogposter

>Windows 10 milestone update
>Ubuntu 14.04 buggy as fuck
That's it. Brb wiping both for Arch.

>download and install anniversary "update"
>reboots 10 times like normal
>ok done now lets boot in
>nope
> :(
>CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD loop
neat

>none of which I want
>oh no why is this mass marked OS not tailored specifically to me ;_;

>He fell for the Windows 10 meme

I bet some pajeets are high fiving right now reading this thread because their shilling worked

>download anniversary
>restarts like twice
>took like 10 mins to install
>runs flawlessly

Git gud PC bro

Fuck

How do I disable this update before I reboot?

Turn on deferred upgrades and/or stop and disable the windows update service

You can only delay it

Welcome to the botnet, goy.

Yes, OP. Do a fresh install so you can enjoy getting fucked in the ass by Pajeet all over again, you dumb motherfucker.

i feel like i'm the only one who actually saw things like this coming and didn't update

>App1
>App2

Dude i know your pain i honestly think this shit is about to brick my comouter. Its fucking taking forever to install and restart this fucking uodate iys unbelievable. DONT INSTALL THIS BS

I feel like you have special snowflake syndrome

OP you can prevent the lag by enlarging your swap/pagefile

but i'm not a tranny or a homo or an oppressed minority or a linux-using virgin

Good thing i pirated enterprise edition and haven't updated

How to guard against Windows fucking up the MFT? The Threshold Update fucked up my Ubuntu partition and I don't want to encore the reinstallation dance again.

nice meme

When my pc restarted it had some sci fi spooky text about new features to "protect" me. What bullshit do I need to turn off and how please