Why are we always arguing about whether it's Linux or GNU/Linux?

Why are we always arguing about whether it's Linux or GNU/Linux?

Why can't we quit being autists and just call it GNU?

why did linus become such a fatty fuck

or just call it linux. Stallman wants to call it GNU/Linux because he is butthurt that linus made a kernel before he did, and feels he needs to take credit for something he did nothing for.

> make a complete operating system but don't have the kernel done yet
> this finnish guy and his friends make one and integrate it into your OS
> everyone remembers the guy who made the kernel
> nobody remembers you

>copy and paste unix
>too dumb to figure out a kernel
>m-m-uh i-it's n-not fair

What was complete about it. Emacs doesn't count as a complete os

>make a few computer programs like a compiler and editor but cant make the kernel, the thing that actually makes the operating system work
>some finnish guy and his friends make one because you're too busy adding another game to emacs
>everybody remembers the guy who made the thing that holds the operating system together
>nobody remembers you, except when you start crying about how nobody remembers you

Have you seen some of the things that emacs heathens use that program for?

Why won't we just replace all GNU utilites with BSD? They're better anyways.

i would love an operating system that's pretty much just BSD with a linux kernel

imagine, it would run on anything i couldn't run BSD on

something like that kind of exists already in the form of Minix 3 so it should be possible with Linux, right? Minix now is pretty much just NetBSD with a different kernel

This.

Wasting time configuring it, messing up the config, then starting over, making a cycle of unproductively.

This is why Stallman couldn't complete hurd in the first place.

Nobody argues about it seriously.

Simply put, Linux is a kernel, and GNU is a way of life. I theorize that Microsoft/Apple bribed publishers to focus on Linus so that way Richard wouldn't get any coverage and people would focus on why paid software was better.

>GNU is a way of life
More like a mental illness

This will never happen because of the reliance on glibc

Well there's stuff like Alpine that runs on musl.

Yes, it's a mental illness to want freedom.

And literally zero proprietary software runs on it. I really like Alpine and projects like Stali, but they will never gain any ground because most people don't value program simplicity and code maintainability.

>le if you don't agree with my fucked up worldview you don't want freedom meme
Fucking go home Stallman

>copy and paste unix
>copy and paste something you don't have access for

Glad you agree, Richard.

>Fat, smelly, heavily autistic hippie virgin
vs.
>Successful and handsome gentleman with razor-sharp mind and tongue, a proper family guy

Yeaaah...

Because if I say that I love using gnu people will think im a zoophile

TRY NOT TO CRINGE CHALLENGE

>I'm a single atheist white man, 55, reputedly intelligent, with unusual interests in politics, science, music and dance.

>I'd like to meet a woman with varied interests, curious about the world, comfortable expressing her likes and dislikes (I hate struggling to guess), delighting in her ability to fascinate a man and in being loved tenderly, who values joy, truth, beauty and justice more than "success"--so we can share bouts of intense, passionately kind awareness of each other, alternating with tolerant warmth while we're absorbed in other aspects of life.

>My 25-year-old child, the Free Software Movement, occupies most of my life, leaving no room for more children, but I still have room to love a sweetheart if she doesn't need to spend time with me every day. I spend a lot of my time traveling to give speeches, often to Europe, Asia and Latin America; it would be nice if you were free to travel with me some of the time.

>If you are interested, write to rms at gnu dot org and we'll see where it leads.

Why haven't SJWs tried to charge rms for rape yet?

He's basically Chris-chan. I dunno why some people love him so much. Maybe they're just sorry for him...

I don't know why you would use Linux or BSD if you run proprietary programs on it.

It's kind of pointless, because I ran into proprietary Linux software that only worked on one specific version of a specific distro.

>If you don't want to capitalize on your fellow man you're insane.
>If you give someone a good product without charging them they question it and presume it's crap because all they know is scum bags because they surround themselves with capitalist swines

>He thinks that non-NEETs can just give their hard work away for free
>He thinks that people don't use shitty free software ripoffs of proprietary programs because "t-they just think it's bad cuz they didn't use it yet!"

Everyone is used to tradition, and that's fine, it's part of our capitalist culture. It's also completely fine to think for yourself instead of following tradition and experiment with something new. It's the basis of all progression.

>calls people autists
>image.jpg

Everyone who uses it professionally calls it Linux. Only Sup Forums autists call it gnu/linux.

>wow who cares this is about the software
vs.
>wow who cares this is about the software
Yeaaah...

Linux is based on Unix. The acronym is accurate, but it's still based on it.

>Why can't we quit being autists and just call it GNU?
Because HURD isn't usable yet. We're stuck with Linus' shitty monolithic colonel for the time being.

Gɴu is Not Unix

Isn't it weird that Linus and RMS are never seen at the same place, at the same time?

>Hurd will never ever be finished

Not really, they greatly dislike one another.

RMS loves Bernie and BLM, he's one of them.

I wonder if any sweethearts ever wrote him

"The FSF are all crazy, bigoted people." -Linus Torvalds

Salty much? Creation tells all about it's creator - Stallman's software was always cluttered and too complex. Torvalds's Kernel is neat, 12-years-old can configure and compile it, and then there is Git, which shoved Bazaar up RMS's ass where it belongs. :)

Is it guh-new or ji-new?

Juh-ew.

I love Linus

he then goes on to say that people should donate to the EFF instead

how could anyone hate him