What the fuck is going on?

What the fuck is going on?

I know /g is not my tech support but I came home from work to find this blank screen with a club and a flashing underscore. Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Google searches have provided nothing. I am freaking the fuck out.

Try to restart your computer.
Hopefully it's not a virus/malware that overwrites your MBR.

I've seen this in a movie.
The Net maybe with Sandra Bullock. You click the icon and you get gov secrets or something.

This^

Restart boots back to the black screen with a series of underscores traveling along the bottom before the icon returns. The fucked thing is I saw this on /g just a few days ago

nuke & pave

inb4 windows is shit and install gen2

You fell for the Win10 meme.

Man, this is the stuff of nightmares. Hope an user can figure this out for ya

Did you have class shell installed, by chance?

Yep, OP is running Mozarts Ghost 95 Edition.
R.I.P

Was about to ask the same thing

Reformat and reinstall. You do regular backups of your files, don't you?

Not OP but I dont think ive gotten anniv yet, though I havent checked. Will it break something?

Classic shell was infected with malware, you're fucked kike.

>classic shell asked me to update a day or two ago
>Instinctively click no because I thought it was (((java))) at first
tfw

it was a π symbol in the corner of the webpage, some stupid ass shit sites have that as a nod to the movie.

Scanning now

You guys are pretty cool don't download the latest stable release off of qbittorents official website tomorrow

>don't be a wincuck
>mfw

Oh man that looks fun as fuck.
Hot
Dirty
Hard
Dangerous

And fun.

Boot sector virus?
I got one with a smile face when I fell for the common sense instead of antivirus meme

Literally have not had a boot sector virus since Windows 98 wtf I hate Microsoft now

install gentoo, OP

If you updated Classic Shell it's entirely on you for using shit software.

Download any lightweight Linux disc that you can install GRUB2 from. It's no better than the old Windows MBR, aside from being less of a pain in the ass to repair next time you get hit by the stupid stick.

Not using classic shell but thanks

Oh shit boys we have a detection

For anyone that still cares it was the cult of Peggie exploit that compromised fosshub. The only thing I can think of is that qbittorent also hosts through fb because I didn't download classic shell. Have fun guys!

Another one bites the dust
Der classic shell dust

Grab a windows 10 iso and try to ""fix"" your computer
Sometimes it works
if it doesn't you're fucked and you should reinstall

You clearly don't possess common sense.

this

>I know /g is not my tech support
Why the fuck then you post anyway?
Also
>Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Get the fuck out of here

My brother just called me up with the exact same problem.
So he just needs to use a windows recovery disk? He only has a Windows 8 disk, will that work if he has Win10 installed?

Wait, so how was this fixed?
I tried bootrec /fixMbr using a boot disk, but it keeps saying it couldn't be completed.

Use a live usb/cd and see if all your files are intact.

Don't install updates until they have been around a week. Check the hash from the day it was released against the hash a week later. If they don't match you know one is bad.

ClassicShell malware went undetected by most expensive antivirus suites.

It's probably a virus, I don't really think it really relates to anniversary update

Because antivirus software is just snake oil: it really just protects you from already known threats.

If you have an old version of classic she'll you're safe right, I never updated that shit

If this virus kills my mbr I wanted to do a clean install anyways because i upgraded from 8.1 so I won't be too bothered by it

looks like your computer just got blacked

This. Fucking hell there are guides on how to make an exe absolutely undetectable by any antivirus, not even virustotal.