twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't only emulations, though?

Nope. It is a kernel hack. Already can mod and alter with games' datas':
github.com/s1cp/VitaGuide/wiki
pastebin.com/pz9FbTet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

PlayStation Vita = 13 million
Nintendo 3DS = 59.79 million

Vita sucks in software side. Even it's touch screen is more accurate than 3DS which is a console advertised by it's touch screen. In my opinion, they are both shit tho.

It beat the venerable Sega Game Gear, though.
PS Vita on the rise.
Nintendo on suicide watch.

Thank god, I might buy one now.
Has anyone tried the hack out?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Gear

> Game Gear's biggest fault was its game library when compared to the Game Boy, stating that "the software was completely lacking compared to its chief rival, which was bathed in quality games. It didn't matter that the Game Gear was more powerful. The color screen did not reverse any fortunes. Content and innovation beat out technology, a formula that Nintendo is using right now with the continued ascendance of the DS and Wii.

Sega Game Gear = 10.62 million
Game Boy/Game Boy Color = 118.69 million

I feel like it's too late into the life this time. Also it's a different generation now and most of the types of people who would've been interested in this back then are off hacking android phones or whatever instead.

you literally can't put the game down for a couple hours a day?

It's sad. It was a nice piece of hardware.

dont you lose the jailbreak upon reboot of the system? or every time you go to use it?

Seems pretty pointless so far.

PSP got big because it was smart and phones weren't.

Now consoles aren't for normies anymore since they've got smartphones, so no it won't be the next PSP.
Won't even get close.

They are working on it. Calm down. It is literally 3-4 days old.
So sad. People all like "ohh but muh slimness" "ohh muhh cpu cores" "ohh muh rammmm" when they run 60+ apps in the background. Tech illiterate people should be banned from techs.

The things that killed the vita was a complete lack of interesting launch software and that FUCKING SHIT MEMORY CARD.
Seriously, charging a hefty upfront cost for the unit (thanks to a complete gold-plating, what with having a touch screen and a rear trackpad for little reason at all), and then asking for 100 USD for a 32gb memory card (assuming you even went that high, the 64 gig I recall being far more preposterous)

Nobody was going to dump almost 400 bucks into the startup cost of the thing.

>Tech illiterate people should be banned from techs.
STOP MAKING COMPUTERS EASIER! REINSTALLING WINDOWS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN IMPRESS MY MOM!

This. It's like putting Lego blocks together now.

>released 2011
>512MB RAM
>Vita EOL
>smartphone games suck
>nintendogs

portable gamers on suicide watch

Nah. I live alone. It is the reason why we don't get any good anymore.
Oh man that cards. They are the cancer of Vita.

shut up you south african faggot. you don't know jack shit. get that chip off your shoulder and read literature

It's genuinely the one thing standing in the way of many people getting into the console even now.
I have a Chinese shitcore PSP MicroSD to MSPD adapter, with tons of space, and that cost me like a total of 15 bucks to slap together, and i even have a backup adapter for when it eventually crumbles around my SD Card because the adapters only cost $0.99, and meanwhile in the barren, first party only hellscape of the vita memory card, I'll have to either snag a used console that already has a high capacity card in it, or expect to pay between 60-120 USD for a new card of a decent size.

The vita would do great with this new homebrew, whatever. I had a Vita, and got rid of it, and now want to buy another one so I can rip some P4 (amazing game btw, check it out). But those memory cards are total bullshit, the pricing is crazy and no onboard storage on the 1000 series? Are you serious? Fuck Sony for that bs. They could have just put an SD or micro SD slot instead of that fucking proprietary storage nonsense.

Is there not an adapter like there was for the original PSP?

The prototype systems actually HAVE SD card slot. They just wanted to experiment... And it went wrong. Terribly.
youtube.com/watch?v=oM857ZqqRa8

>They just wanted shekels
ftfy
Sony is notorious for their proprietary media formats.

I know. But they fucked it up when they encrypted the cards with their own slow-ass encryption WHEN the card was already slow as it literally is Class 4 and smaller than a SD card.

>p4
>amazing game
holy fuck

Apparently not, the cards are encrypted! It isn't so simple this time around... Small hobbyists are trying stuff, was reading Yifan Lu's blog just now looks promising but idk if they're still working on the project anymore.

What? I really enjoyed P4G. I'm not really into JRPGs to begin with, but I liked everything, from the story to music. Only problem I had was with the dungeons or whatever being really repetitive.

The problem with vita cards is not the encryption but the physical size. They deliberately made them just a bit smaller than microSD just to fuck with eventual future adapters.

It is amazing tho.
They are working on HENkaku now. Check it out. Game mods and save data edits are a thing now and exploit is 4 days old only.

It's literally the worst perosna game. If it's your first in the series, I see why you can't understand how shit it is. It's basically a waifu sim with everything dumbed down and even the girls suck.

Not my first time in Persona. Played all of them like 5-6 times? It is basically a Dating Sim but it is still more fun than casual phone games.

I remember seeing a Vita dev kit that had a microSD card port in place of the proprietary shitcard port, apparently it could be upgraded to the latest firmwares too
I'd guess that means getting microSDs to work is probably just a hardware problem, and the software is already compatible with it

Oh, I see. Fucking lame. So why wouldn't we be able to wire a microsd to a vita memory card? Does that sound far-fetched?
That's the one that works through the browser right? It's looking really good, though I thought it was just emulation

Yeah, my first in the series. I have P3 for my PSP, haven't gotten around to playing it tho. The other ones I'm looking out for. How expensive to the physical copies run, used, for the other titles in the series?

Yep. But there is the encryption problem too. We still don't know if it's hardware or software but there is encryption for system to accept it.

Nah. Like I said, encryption.
Yep. The one from browser but for fuck's sake wait a few days they are making a offline version.

Actually they're about the same size and twice as thick.

The card has a custom protocol that does communication encryption but it appears to be based on SD.

>kernel

Slightly shorter. That, you didn't mention.
Yes, kernel. They are considered as "kernel" exploits. Sad but true.

>Yes, kernel. They are considered as "kernel" exploits. Sad but true.
Sure, even though literally no one even know how it works yet.
Remember when ninjhax was "kernel"?

Heh. Good times.

I have seen PS Vitas sell for less than the 64GB memory so no, I don't think it will become as popular as the PSP until third party memories are available(never)

Also the PSP was hacked on Day 1 and back then it was the best thing ever without any alternative it was natural for it to become so popular now you have smart phones that are better than the Vita so no reason to develop for it.

Found this old picture I took

Does this mean I can finally delete two incomplete audio files that are fucked up on my Vita?
They don't appear in the music player but applications that list .mp3 files still show them.

You can emulate also DS games

They run at 1 FPS with no audio but hey, its a good start point

I just saw a video that had a GBA emulator playing Earthbound, that alone sold me on getting another vita, but man those memory cards are going to kill me

>it's a webkit hack
how unexpected

isn't about every other console that uses webkit for it's built-in webbrowser hacked because of it?
it's kinda neat

They have measures to protect against that of course. A webkit bug alone is never enough.

I bought mine the next month after official release in Italy. Also bought a 16GB memory card for 50€

You just have to pull the trigger once, and now I'm so glad I picked a decent sized one

maybe if you wiggle it just right the micro sd will work

An update will come very quickly, and not even to add anything to the vita; just to stifle its growth. It's a damn shame.

sure, but it always starts with one
ps3
3ds
vita
psp too I think?
ps4 was supposedly hacked via that as well, but that was shut down by sony

but PSP had so many more games. funny thing is vita would be more useful as a psp console than being able to pirate vita games.

Vita has games if you know jap and into weebshit. It's a failure in the west tho.

How does it look on the Vita?
Might pass up on modding a backlight on a GBA if the Vita can do it better.

It's time to buy a Vita then?

So... OLED or IPS? Used or new?
Saw a reseller on Amazon for the first Gen and everyone was saying it was like new.

> they managed to no let running cracked games

lol

Go with the slim. It's lighter and the battery lasts longer.

I've heard that the touchpad in the back isn't the same size as teh screen anymore, so no one to one mapping. Was there any games that this was relevant?

Because of pokemon

>sold my ps vita 1000 for £40 a while back since literally no one would buy it for any higher
>a few months later top tier titles come out for vita and it makes a comeback
>get a vita 2000 for £120 (hate oled screens)
feels bad

Holy shit, it's actually hacked now?
Fuck me dead, can't wait for the defcon talk. This little fucker held up a fight.

My psp 1000 emulates gba games flawlessly, why would you need a vita for that? The proprietary memory card alone is a massive turn off

>defcon
You mean C3

If we're lucky.

bruv, which firmware you have on your psp?

DMCA notice waiting to happen.
Just like how "greasemonkey/tampermonkey" was DMCA'd because it "fixed" the sites.

>Content and innovation beat out technology
You mean it's great that they not only sell shovelware, but also overpriced shitty hardware?

6.60 iirc, it's upstairs in my room right now and I cbf going up to check

I have played every single persona game and most other shin megami tensei games and persona 4 is hands down the best out of all of them

ps vita is ded dude, it's a smartphone gaymes nowadays.

Too late for the Vita already. It's too far gone and forgotten.

Only means it'll be cheaper to buy which is a plus in my books.

64GB cards are $100+

Nope. It will only get popular on here when you can pirate the games, and that will just kill it like it did with the PSP.

Are there micro sd converters like for the memory stick?
How does it retain that value??

no, ps vita memory cards are too small to convert + proprietary format anyway so you wouldn't be able to regardless
it retains value because only sony sell them and sony price them extremely high

>HENkaku
Does it allow for PSVita roms to be played?

No

> Useless
Yes

It's a matter of time until piracy is possible. The henkaku team obfuscated how it works, but people are already reversing it. Mr.Gas figured out how to decrypt games and save data around the same time henkaku was released. He put out a video where he replaced the opening FMV of a game with a rickroll video. One thing to note is that we need an ePSP kernel exploit if we ever want to have working PSP piracy on henkaku. I think it MIGHT happen if this causes the popularity to rise enough. The only other possibility is if after henkaku is fully reversed, someone modifies it to hack the ePSP during installation.

I tried out Henkaku and it definitely allows for easy installation of homebrew, so it's great for emulators. Retroarch is still ironing out the wrinkles with the new format (last I checked, no gpsp core at all, Gamebatte didn't work, and snes9x-next didn't work). Oh and mGBA is utter garbage so far, but at least the dev bothered to make an icon for his bubble.

>people are already reversing it
It will only help sony to patch it sooner.

Who in their right mind would update after hearing about henkaku? Pretty much everyone in the homebrew scene has heard about it, and the site itself warns you to not update beyond 3.60 ever.

Is she hot?

But touch screen is shit for any real gaming.

Why are all the vita crack devs such white Knights? All of them are trying to make it hard as possible to pirate.

Vita didn't sell at launch, because everyone who wanted a PSP already had one. Vita was purely a new DRM scheme(oh, but we added a second stick!!) that users had no want for

how about memory? did they make it so you could used any form of memory? Vita never sold because the fucking memory cost 100 dollarydoos.

I don't think any adapters exist

the less sony make the more they cost due to scarcity. The memory cards will probably cost 300 dollars in a few years.

ps vita tv has a usb slot so it could be made to use other forms of memory.

shit mane, time to invest in 64gb vita cards
they never lost value over time anyway

I wanted a second stick. The only reason I didn't buy a vita at launch was because of the 3G shit.

So can I warez actual vita games? I havent touched my oled vita in a while. I mostly enjoy indie tier quick games from the store.

All you need for Vita piracy is decrypting the eboot apparently.
PFS is already bypassed so that would be the only thing left.

>Is it going to be like PSP, Sup Forums?
No, phones exist now so no portable video game device will ever be like the psp again.

Yeah, but there are only shitty emulators for it so far

Sony called the vita legacy product a year ago. They probably won't bother patching shit, they don't give a rats ass about vita

Haha no they WILL patch it.