Has Sup Forums ever purchased a laptop directly from China?

Has Sup Forums ever purchased a laptop directly from China?

Some of these seem very good value for the price, for example check out pic related.

>4GB ram
>14 inch 1080p screen
>physical buttons for the touchpad
>n3150 quad core CPU
>SSD+HDD dual bay (apparently)

What's the catch?
I'm thinking of ordering one because of the 1080p screen but I'm concerned about battery life and build quality.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out. I'm going to hold out on buying it for a while out of fear of it shitting on me in a few months after purchase.

14" laptop computer N3150 Quad core 4 threads 4GB RAM 500GB
s.aliexpress.com/f22EZFfy
(from AliExpress Android)

What do you plan on doing with it? And how much are you saving in comparison to just buying an equivalent model here?

I'm waiting for the fucking notebook air

No laptops here have a 1080p screen below 1000 dollars here, this will be ~350.

Of course those also have better processor and other shit, but I just want it for basic office and web browsing mostly.

The CPU and ram should be plenty for my uses though.

Worst thing about them is usually track pad, keyboard and battery.

Battery might be really inconsistent between reviews too.

I've heard good things about cube and the chuwi hi12 though.

Those Celerons are generally only used to power Chromebooks, not Windows machines. The only true benefit is an included HDD (and even a 2.5" bay). Still, even the super-low-end Bay Trail/Cherry Trail Atom processors are usable without much tweaking; if you're only using it for basic stuff I don't see a huge issue.

Most demanding will probably be YouTube running in the background while I type an essay or work in Excel.

But as stated before, battery life and quality are my concerns. I don't mind a shit touchpad as long as it's not jittery and inaccurate, I don't mind a TN screen, I'm not too fussy about those things.

Would it be better to just save up? I can get an asus laptop with a 4k screen and i7 6700hq for ~1600 dollars.

Get a thinkpad with something like a sandy bridge which can actually handle things.

This isn't /csg/

Chinese shopping general is dead

Yes that's true.
But Chink Shit General is alive and well

Where you live?

Aus

Isn't it chink shopping?

Go shill your stupid general somewhere else, this is a laptop thread

Yeah, rip. Can confirm. Mine cost almost 1k and was the only one with a 1080p screen

>What's the catch?

That you're yet another autist who can't comprehend anything past raw specs. This thing is build like shit from lower grade materials than usual and you'll never be able to find support for this obscure chinktop should you encounter any problems, which you will.

I own a laptop

Good job reading the OP pal

>Has Sup Forums ever purchased a laptop directly from China
>Well, I live there so everything I everything I've bought is "directly" from there

>What's the catch?
Too many new companies building new computers and drones and shit
Very little money spent on marketing
Building costs are getting lower and lower
No need for a lot of taxes for mass shipping

But will it one day randomly decide to stop working?

I read the post you retarded faggot. The fact that this is even a thread and the fact that OP is even considering this is enough to indicate he's naive or autistic.

It looks no worse than my asus205ta, simply built with not a great deal to go wrong even if I could snap it with my bare hands. But the hard drive swapping and 4GB ram are decent upgrades along with a decently clocked atom. These new passive cooled laptops and tablets are quite interesting to me as once there's an SSD inside then there's no moving parts.

Anyway, the main con I can see on that one if the tiny battery. My netbook is getting about 8hours of heavy use on low screen brightness whilst that thing is advertising a battery capacity less than half of mine with probably a bit higher power draw as well. I'd hazard a guess at sub 4hour battery life

It depends user, it depends.

JD dot com is the most reliable source for electronics and their products very rarely have any hiccups, whilst on TaoBao and TMall there is a rating system where you can see how the seller is doing and the seller rating is a very important thing. The sites themselves educate people on how to shop and compared to 5 years ago, cheating and scamming and stuff like that are being rooted out.

Pretty much most tech is from China now, so why not?

Don't do it. Chinese ED64 (n64 flashcart) RIP in 3 months

China tablet for kiddo, RIP in 2 months, we had just Lisa Frank stihercker bombed it too.

Never again. ~1 year later and the real tablet I got to replace it is still going, my SNES and GEN everdrives are still working as well.

Fuck that must suck, but I've been using a cheap usb 3.0 enclosure for almost a year now with no issues, maybe you're just unlucky? Or maybe I'm lucky...