What is wrong with people who buy used hardware?

Don't you realize how disgusting it is to use someone else's things? I mean sure, CPU's are just fine because they have been touched for like 5 seconds very delicately, but graphic cards, monitors and computer cases? What the fuck is wrong with you. Do you also buy used furniture like couches and tables?

>pic related: this is probably where they had their fingers before handling the computer parts

bro i buy used condoms if it saves me money.

You do realize that the US isn't the only country on the planet? When a new Intel CPU costs as much as a monthly salary, there's no wonder why people buy used hardware.

>Don't you realize how disgusting it is to use someone else's things
enjoy dying of everything because your immune system is underexposed

>shiny spacebar
>that one area of the touchpad that is worn
>those random chip marks on the case
>the random scratches on the display

What's not to like?

Because chinkpads cost too much new. I'd rather buy something cheap and used knowing if it ever breaks, it's not going to be a big deal.

Implying ive touched my 980ti longer than 5 seconds before delicately pushing it in the slot.

What do you do, take apart the graphics card and fuck it?

did it cross your mind that probably some fat suit dude who didn't wash his hands after bathroom break used that thing before you bought it refurbished/second hand?

Are you making the argument on hygiene grounds?

You might as well not go outside, either.

Oh wait

So wash your hands.

Like seriously, do you go through your entire life never touching anything?

>buy new palmrest for cheap
solved

what now fucboi

I wiped the palm rest, keyboard, display and shell with antibacterial wipes. Besides a little germs is good for you. That's why all the healthy people usually get ill from being too clean.

You're a virgin aren't you

>extreme cyberchondria

Hate to tell you, but every public item like door knobs contains cum/feces of people who failed to wash their hands.

Also: You most likely have herpes.

How does that make you feel?

>i7 2700k came out 5 years ago
>Still sells for 300 dollars
>200 on eBay
Why...

I bought my current laptop used and have none of that. I replaced keyboard for new one, other than that laptop was in mint condition. Maybe you are just too stupid to figure out how to get quality things cheap?

You can wash electronics using isopropyl alcohol.

>dirty gpu
At first I thought this can't be happening to gpu but then I recall all the shilling and nvd vs amd threads on g, some people may actually open their rigs and jizz on their gpu.
Hell, even /k/ cum on their guns

>being this OCD

>5 seconds very delicately
speak for yourself.

fuck off fucko

best decision of my life.

>CPU/RAM/mobo
No problem - unless it's the 1337 GamingX model it probably hasnt had it's balls clocked off
>GPU
NOPE - GPUs break way too easily to depend on used and out of warranty.
>Mouse/keyboard
LOL

dumb frogposter

why is your finger brown? did you shove it up your ass?

Dumb frog poster

>all my furniture is somewhat taken directly from the street, tables, chairs, road signals
>the couch I'm on right now was left along the garbage and I picked it
As a poorfag I see literally nothing wrong about used thing, it's not like you can't clean things and keep using them if still working fine

Do you guys realise how disgusting is to touch money? If I were you, I'd donate it all

Am I supposed to just restrict myself from purchasing things that are no longer available new? That's incredibly retarded.

There's nothing wrong with buying things used, but you need to do your research. I've had friends buying secondhand computer parts and (obviously) they are clogged with dust a lot of the time, so they'd come over to use my air compressor. But then sometimes one comes over and his parts are covered in cigarette residue and I tell him that my compressor isn't going to clean that shit.

I tend not to buy used items which are worn on the body because you never know how disgusting the person who previously owned it might have been. I know that's just my superstition and that after a few runs through the washing machine it doesn't really matter, but I still cringe at the thought. For things like headphones you can change the earpads and rub the headband down with alcohol or wrap it with something. With hard drives, your data is the real concern and the hardware is secondary, so no amount of warranty will make me buy used/refurbished. Motherboards are generally obsolete by the time you can get them used, unless you get a lucky find. Video cards can be great used pickups but I wouldn't get them on ebay or whatever because that's usually faggots selling them because there are problems with them. Used audio equipment like speakers can sometimes actually be better than new equipment, if you believe in the burn-in phenomenon.

>tfw I'm sitting in a used chair using a used computer while using a used PVM
Feels good not wasting money on shit just because it's in a box

I buy used shoes. I don't even wash them before wearing them.
How does that make you feel?

It's your feet, use what you want. I am only disgusted by the idea of myself wearing used items. There are too many gross people in the world for me to worry about each and every one. The exception being, of course, fucking shower regularly if you go out in public.

I get all of my hardware as hand-me-downs from my brothers who play vidja and stuff, so I'm always up to date. I don't have to pay for anything, and I like that.
Not that I need them, I don't really do anything that requires much power.
I do buy old mech keyboards and thinkvision monitors from garage sales and thrift stores when I see them though. Last thing I bought at full price was probably a mouse pad a few years back.

>CPU's are just fine because they have been touched for like 5 seconds very delicately, but graphic cards, monitors and computer cases? What the fuck is wrong with you.
You do know that you can clean things yes?
>Do you also buy used furniture like couches and tables?
t. I've never slept in a hotel or lived in a rented apartment

>buying used furniture

Enjoy your bedbugs.

I used the air you're breathing bro. Now you have no choice but to end yourself unless you want more of my germs in you.

bought most of my audio gear used, even headphones

worst I had to do was wash velour earpads, but it's pretty much a given that they have a fixed lifetime anyway

some things are not really worth it, especially in case it doesn't work well (motherboards) or too expensive (hard drives, if you consider warranty and wear, are rarely interesting)

tech wise I'm too interested by recent advances to go used. e.g. wouldn't buy a laptop without usb3, wifi n etc.

t. retail manager

I bought a used gtx 980 and overclocked it to 1393mhz for 200 bucks, so I aint even mad.

What's the big deal? Some poo in loo already touched your new hardware in the factory.

Jokes on you OP, I wiped down my memepad with hospital grade disinfectant wipes.

>2016
>using physical money
What's it like living in a third world country?

How would you disinfect a used phone? I mean wouldn't it damage the touch screen coating?

>2016
>not dodging as much taxes as you can

>2016
>using anything but physical money

>"Yes goy, it's VERY important that we be able to track everything you do with the money we all- I mean the money that you earn!"

put your money in our vaults, it is very secure! promised!

You get over it. I mean even collectors have to buy used action figures sometimes.

Hygiene psycho...
Just clean it, done...
Better than buying recent hardware from stores to motivate e-trash