HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS ALL APPS MENU THAT WINDOWS FORCES TO BE OPEN ALL THE TIME NOW ON MY START MENU...

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS ALL APPS MENU THAT WINDOWS FORCES TO BE OPEN ALL THE TIME NOW ON MY START MENU, TAKING UP ALL THE SPACE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

mspoweruser.com/windows-10-anniversary-update-review/
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4vw21h/massive_psa_do_not_download_classic_shell_read/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>how do i disable my start menu on my start menu

???

why would you want to do that

>open All Apps
>don't like it
>collpase it and never use it again

your meme is shit

Have you tried installing gentoo?

windows 10 anniversary update made it so that you cant collapse all apps anymore

there is now useless folders and apps open all the time in your start menu liked it or not

Glad I'm not dealing with that bullshit.

To play the devil's advocate, here: It's actually a change I've been asking for since the first time I used Windows (back in the halcyon days of W95!)

I hate nested and intentionally obscured shit that just adds clicks that I don't need. When I'm opening my start menu, I already want to open my list of programs. They used to be nested, or hidden away when it's the main attraction to opening the start menu for me in the first place.

In this case, I can hit my windows key, and my list of programs and 'apps' (I hate this term) are all right there. I need to organize it and clean my shit out so that there's not as many useless things there, but that's pretty easy.

lmao is this real?
screenshots please

this is how it is now, cant resize or minimize that shit on the left in any way

because its microsoft, its too much to ask to enable this as an optional thing. Those retards have to force everything without any options to disable

I guess. I mean, I have far bigger concerns about Windows 10 than any UI improvements they decide to make that actually make it more pleasing to use.

Time to pin some stuff to the right side there for quick access, chief. You can also have your most commonly used programs pinned to the top with an easy to change setting.

I got shit pinned on the right side, just hid most of it for the screenshot

the point is that all the shit I need is pinned on the right side, but microsoft thinks I still need this useless list of bullshit on my left side

Yeah, I getcha. Honestly, as someone who does some front-end design I actually approve of them making the settings, explorer, power, etc buttons smaller and pushing them off to the left. It utilizes the space they do have better. That's all that was there before. This lets them un-nest the All Programs directory, which does in turn make it easier to get to what you're going after when you're using the start menu.

It might just take some adjustment to get used to, but I genuinely do think it is a more sensible design option than what they had before.

>still not using startisback for the comfy windows 7 start menu
>still using windows

3rd party start menus are buggy as fuck

Havent had it crash once, been using it since windows 8 beta.

are the outdated pirated versions good or did you pay for it

paying for software is a scam

Any version is fine, so the pirated ones work. I paid for it back then, when it was cheaper.

Just stop resisting and try to enjoy it

I type program names more often than I search for them in the start menu so it's probably not going to bother me.

dumb frogposter

maybe you are dumb ? make it small in the configs.

are you fucking retarded? in new anniversary update thats just not possible

you are fucking idiot

When you open up the Start Menu on your Windows 10 PC, the first thing you will probably notice is the lack of the All Apps button. That’s right, Microsoft is removing the All Apps list from the Start Menu – instead, Microsoft is merging the Recently Added, Most Used, and the All Apps lists in one single list.

mspoweruser.com/windows-10-anniversary-update-review/

Update your shit if you want to understand what we're talking about, idiot. This is what the Start menu currently looks like.

>hasnt uninstalled candy crush yet

you just humiliated yourself

get the fuck outta here

so stuff like visual studio with its 9001 programs is spamming this menu and you can't do shit about it?

Kill yourself.

hover over the top of it, you should get vertical resize arrows.

yes

happy anniversary

no, there is no resize arrows on all apps thing

you think I didnt try it ?

Is this update compulsory? If I boot windows it'll suddenly start downloading the update for me? If I restart my system it will start installing it for me?

I guess I won't be booting into windows any time soon.

You should use a real operating system you fruity ass cakeboy.

Hey, settle down ok?

you cant deny updates in windows 10

you can postpone but never get rid of em

please enjoy ;)

cant play videogames on autist neckbeard operating systems

>windows 7
>comfy
I fucking hate Aero and all the retards that like it
You niggers will soon become the faggots that never moved from Windows XP, because you can't deal with thing changing around you and can only function when everything happens in the same order as yesterday

you literally can though

That's because it does not have a proper startmenu retard.

you need a buggy and clumsy 3rd party program just to play a videogame

vine is not a solution

How are you guys not fucking using Classic Shell already?

The 10 start menu hasn't worked since day dot for me because hitting the win key and typing an app name doesn't work as it should. Not to mention it's ugly as fuck.

And don't give me this MBR bullshit, I don't understand why you wouldn't just have Ninite as a scheduled task to update/install it

it just works

Works on my machine™

>How are you guys not fucking using Classic Shell already?
Literally why would I want to install a piece of bloat that doesn't fit in the design at all?
End yourself

>2016
>Still playing games on PC

Okay okay, then pick another theme, theres multiple ones, calm down user.

Although I do like the whole flat design, for things like icons its much more inconvenient, as you have to actually read everything underneath because it all looks the same.

>muh change

Change isn't always good, my dear faggot. Microsoft had three iterations to fix their shit.
I want to stay productive, and not play with the autism of some meme designers. At this point I might just switch to Loonix on my Desktop as well. :^)

enjoy your malware retard

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4vw21h/massive_psa_do_not_download_classic_shell_read/

go back to slashdot, granpa. Sup Forums is for the new generation

>because its mozilla, its too much to ask to enable this as an optional thing. Those retards have to force everything without any options to disable

fixed that for you

I like this thread because it reveals that people on Sup Forums actually use Windows 10 as their primary OS, despite all screenshots of Linux and older Windows versions we see every day (that are actually virtual machines)

no one in their right mins uses linux as their main OS

youre limiting yourself if linux is your main os

(GNU+Linux) - MS_Windows.

>new and proud!