The Snapdragon 801 was the last good mobile CPU from Qualcomm

The Snapdragon 801 was the last good mobile CPU from Qualcomm.
>4 fast cores.
No meme cores, muh octo core bullshits.
>AC wireless.
>Awesome GPU.
>3 years later still holds up perfectly.
>Doesn't kill your future offspring in your pocket.

Shame they didn't just release a faster 64-bit version.

Why does Qualcomm suck so hard now? Intel isn't doing well with phones either, Nvidia is just doing Tablets and TI left the mobile space 5 years ago Samsung Exynos is the only alternative (forget about MediaKek).

Why can't anyone compete with Apple in ARM?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/9518/the-mobile-cpu-corecount-debate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Snapdragon 808

Hexa core, x64

Also what's wrong with the Snapdragon 820?

Because they have a monopoly on the market at this point. Few new phones are running something other than an 820 and they have no serious competitor. They can pump out all the shit they want, and we are stuck with it

Apple poached all of the good CPU devs including Jim Fucking Keller

If they're offering a superior product than what's the issue here? Is there evidence that they're overcharging for it, restricting who gets it/how much?

The 808 had a weak GPU, the 810 was a housefire/thermal throttling GPU, I hear the 820 runs great. Or is there something I'm missing here?

Keller is working for Samsung now.

>Also what's wrong with the Snapdragon 820?

SD820 is slower and less efficient than Exynos 8890. Qualcomm had better not lose the lead Adreno has over Mali or it's all over.

>tfw SP800
>30°C summer
>phone 40°C (not CPU temp, not GPU temp, but phone "case" temp
kill me fampai
My fingers are sweaty even when they're not glued to a surface that's hotter than my internal temperature

>octo core bullshits
You know, I laughed too when I heard about an increasing number of cores, but this is an interesting read (if you don't lack attention span, because it's long and very well documented):
anandtech.com/show/9518/the-mobile-cpu-corecount-debate

Tl, dr: Best designs are the traditional quad-cores AND the 4.4 big.LITTLE octa-cores.

MediaTek improved a shit ton this year. Maybe in 4 years they will be top tier.

Too bad Exynos is not dev friendly.

>Doesn't kill your future offspring in your pocket.
????

Apple SoCs are known to radiate badly, it kills the sperm cells

Yea...no.

Not fast enough to decode VP9 video

/thread

>40°C

Good temp. My phone CPU hits constantly over 60°C when under load (read every application that isn't a browser or whatsapp and others like it). Xperia Z housefire edition here.

820 is built on inferior Samshit 14nm process and is a HOUSEFIRES

I have both the snapfaggot 800 and 801 and they're still bretty gud. My phone's 801 can get to 2.8ghz up from 2.5 and my 800 gets to 2.7ghz up from 2.2.

It's not CPU temp tho, it's temperature of the surface you would touch
I actually never bothered with CPU-Z on Android, only ever saw my battery temperatures (peak at 47°C one time when my phone entered retard mode, basically froze, but CPU went guns blazing and heated up like crazy)

I agree actually. I hear the 820 is better though since 4 cores and doesn't overheat much.

Still using my Oneplus One and I only use it for watching YouTube and Twitch, browsing web and receiving calls/texts. I sometimes play PoGo and it runs fine on my 801 underclocked to 1.7GHz

no the 805 was the last good snapdragon cpu.

>weak gpu

I GOTTA HAVE MY VIDYA GAEMS!

How to overclock with guide not from 2011?

Depends on which kernel you're running I think. Boeffla kernel for my S5 unlocks OC and there's a custom kernel for my tablet that unlocks the extra frequency steps.

no he isn't you retarded fuck, he works for tesla now

I'm surprised Lisa Su didn't chain him up in her basement for later.