Dear Sup Forums

Dear Sup Forums,
my work laptop with Win10 is locked with an admin password. How do I get around to bypassing/overriding that so I can use it at my leuisure?

use chntpw

In b4 jamal.

Fucking thief!

ophcrack

Is it locked on the Windows login or in BIOS?
If it's locked at login, just pop in a Linux Live system and boot from that.
If it's locked in BIOS, you have to open that shit up and fiddle with the CLEAR CMOS jumper.

FPBP

give it back Tyrone...

Install gentoo on it, jamal. I didn't know you steal anything other than apple products.

Stop being a thieving piece of shit.

Clear CMOS don't exist on laptops anymore. Can't bypass it that way like we did in 1998

If you have admin. Just tight click my computer and choose manage. Select a user and right click change password.

If the PC isnt looked on BIOS level you could use kon-boot, you can find free downloads of it everywhere.

If you really have to ask, you really do not deserve to know.

>There's no chip to pull out and put back in, so it's not possible.
Pic related.

>FPBP

I can't acess the Admin command prompt, though.

Is disk encryption enabled?
If not, then you could take the hdd out and put it in another computer which you have control over.
Once loaded, make an executable having the same name of a non-essential executable which is run as admin at startup. Then you rename the real executable to something and put the new executable in its place (same name, same path). All the new executable would have to do would be to launch command prompt as admin so that you'll get it when you login.
This is the sort of trick which people used with windows 7 ease of access at the login screen - they would replace the executable for the ease of access thing and open up command prompt or whatever.

Give it back Jamal

>Is disk encryption enabled?

Even that is doable if you get the 64-digit (or whatever it is) recovery key from the Help Desk. Tell them it blue-screened and when it came back up, BitLocker wouldn't take the PIN. Then boot off Hiren's 15.2 Rebuild with Mini Windows 7 and you can use command-line tools to unlock the disk then chntpw to change the Administrator password. Since all the company's scripts use a domain account that has local admin rights on all PCs, they never even notice. I did that on my own work laptops and a half-dozen coworkers' as well, but only people I like. Everyone else can deal with their locked-down shit.

>boot off Hiren's
If we could boot hiren's then we already would have had enough access to not have to use hiren's. In fact, we could extract the hash from registry and then crack it instead of removing it - that would probably be preferable because most of the time IT guys are lazy and everyone's laptop would have the same password.
Disk encryption not being enabled is the best possible thing because it clears a path for you - FAR less work is required if you can modify system files of the hdd while on another computer.

The issue at hand is, I am not actually a black person that stole a laptop. The admin account has to stay somewhat intact when I hand the laptop back at work in a few years.

Use hiren's boot CD, has tools for that. All other suggestions are pure autism.

Oh, right. Get the hash with HBCD, crack it with oclHashcat on your main computer. Shouldn't take too long.

I'll try to figure that out to my best extent. Thank you all for such a big comeback, never visited a board that was this ready to help.

Use mask mode. You can try a couple billion hashes per second with a GPU. Or you could reset the password and change it back to the original when you need.

Yeah, small shops bring a little more scrutiny. My Big Pharma employer has something like 60,000 employees, so IT automates everything they can.

Hey Jamal

If it has a tpm chip (and it likely does) you're fucked

I did this on my GFs moms laptop. Found something I could run on a notable USB stick and a few key presses later the password was deleted.

give it back jamal

>Make a backup with chntpw
>Modify current admin password
>When you have to give back laptop just reload the backup
dun