Is there even a point to using Hackintosh nowadays?

Is there even a point to using Hackintosh nowadays?

Is there even a point to using Machintosh nowadays?

Do you enjoy sloppy seconds?

Yeah. AMA

分かりません

What do you use it for ?

Yes. It's Unix and it has programs and actually works. Turned out easier to fully set up than linux on my machine.

How else do you run OS X without a Mac?

INTERJECT INTERJECT

hi glubb

compiling ios apps

How do you know I used GNU utilities when i installed Linux?

No, because OS X is overrated garbage to begin with.
Once you get past the shininess you see that its UI is actually garbage for multitasking.

OS X is fucking great for multitasking

do you even exposé

By multitasking you mean using the computer with one hand and shoving a massive dildo up your ass with the other?

I prefer OSX over linux so I dualboot with that

No it's not. Let's look at switching between windows:
Any OS with a normal taskbar that displays each window+title:
>Click the window you want
OS X:
Either
>Switch to the app you want, THEN switch to the window you want
or
>Press a button to display all windows, then click the one you want
Both ways are objectively less efficient.

Let's look at quickly switching between two windows
Normal shit:
>alt-tab
OS X:
>Cmd-tab but only if it's two different apps you want to switch between
>If it's two different ones, you have to use a different key. And it doesn't always go the direction you want

Basically, any time an OS doesn't let me see a quick overview of every open window (at least the title) and switch to it with nothing but one click, it's shit for multitasking.

Requires pressing an extra button first, and then you have to locate the window you want visually since they aren't always on the screen.

click and hold right mouse button

You're bitching about keybindings? That's the main reason I find OS X so great.
>cmd+tab
Switch programs
>cmd+~
Switch windows within a program
Also Mission Control is tits

>Requires pressing an extra button first

>2016
>not having mission control aka expose on a hot corner

windows is way superior in this regard

>And it doesn't always go the direction you want
Are you telling me you don't know about Shift when combined with, for example, command-tilde?

So it requires an extra click (and that click requires holding, so takes even longer)? Thanks for proving my point.

Did they fix it so cmd+` switches to the last window yet, or does it always go in one direction?

So it requires moving the mouse to a hot corner first (takes time) and then you have to visually locate the window you want (which takes longer than on windows because on windows it's dead bottom of the screen).

See earlier in this post. The last time I tried it, it kept going in one direction in the window list, rather than a single cmd-tab always switching to the most recent window.

well, the anniversary update of Windows 10 disabled the option "Notify to restart computer to update". So now the computer will just restart whenever an update needs to be installed and there's nothing you can do about it. Well, you could setup "Active hours" where windows 10 will not try to restart during that period, but 12 hours is the max span. When the active hours ends, your computer will restart and fuck your unsaved documents and edited pictures.

no way that OS X restarts without asking, right??

Fuck no

u wot? it just one click. You press button only one time.

kek

it actually asks if the user is the one who initiated the restart

updates come as notifications and can be disablable

Why didn't you stop this thread from turning to shit?

>So it requires moving the mouse to a hot corner first (takes time)
>(takes time)
o i am laffin. Literally does not take any more time than mousing over an icon in the taskbar (on Windows).
>then you have to visually locate the window you want (which takes longer than on windows because on windows it's dead bottom of the screen)
Okay, again, on your Mac (if you have one), press the Mission Control button. You'll notice there's a fade-in animation that "moves" and resizes the window from its current location on the desktop to one within Mission Control. Enough to jog your memory of which window was where. And are you trying to tell me you don't "visually identify" a window when using Windows? That's a terrible point, argued in a terrible way.

You clearly don't use a Mac for anything productive and you are trying to argue against it, and even worse, you are using Windows as the standard, probably only because that's what you grew up with. Don't you have a loo you should be shitting in?

Why are OSX fonts so blurry?

So I have to click it once to open the list of windows, then click again to actually open that window. 2 clicks is worse than 1 click. Thank you for proving my point.

>mousing over an icon in the taskbar
Why would you think I have the taskbar set up like a moron? See pic. No mousing over required, just one click to open any window.

blurry under which setting

god damn you are retarded

I don´t know.
This looks pretty blurry.

Goddamn you cant even fucking read
Rightclick works exactly like in windows

Are you retarded or just pretending? You're clearly clicking TWICE to open a specific window in the webm. On Windows with a properly set up taskbar, you only have to click once to open any window.

>mission control on a hot corner
>move mouse to corner, click window

I'm clicking only once, kek.

>wincucks are this desperate

So you have to hover over something instead of a click.
That is still
O B J E C T I V E L Y
more action than
>move to window you want
>click

I use XFCE more than I use Windows, but the point still stands
>one click to open any window
>alt-tab works like it should

>doesn't even know how hot corners work

Then explain.
Explain how
>move to hot corner
>move to window you want
>click
Is NOT more actions and more time than:
>move to window you want, which is easier to locate by virtue of always being on the screen
>click

Not that guy, but your dedication to this extremely pedantic point is worrying.

classic wincuck damage control

It's not pedantic.
If you have to switch between windows a lot, it adds up.
I have 20 windows open right now, which is fairly light for me. At work I might have 30+.
It especially becomes a mess if 15+ of those windows are for the same application, at which point any WM that makes it a pain to switch to a particular window at any time with a single click becomes unbearable.

Why is this entire thread about clicking

Because the macshitters are incapable or arguing logically.

>I have 20 windows open right now
Okay, post a screenshot.

you were meant to say wincucks

autism in action

>getting actual work done at work is now autistic
Not an argument

Well, you're not required to use Aqua's window manager on OS X.

Ok, then show me a WM for OS X that doesn't suck.
And no, an X11 WM doesn't count, since most OS X apps aren't X11.

try kwm or Amethyst.

actually, you probably did use Alpine if setting up Linux was harder than OSX on an non-Apple machine

Hackintosh: drop Clover with kexts onto usb installer -> graphically install -> install clover and kexts in the installed OS X
Linux: if everything works install as usual... But if something doesn't work it'd be hard to find a solution
I had some troubles with graphics on X11 on Linux - tearing and just general slowness... Worked perfectly in OS X. My experience is completely anecdotal though.