So how the fuck do I get Windows 10 to let me select a specific group of images from a folder for it to shuffle through...

So how the fuck do I get Windows 10 to let me select a specific group of images from a folder for it to shuffle through as my background?

Windows 7 had this feature, but it looks like Win10 wants me to instead copy all the wallpapers I want to use out of my huge as fuck wallpaper folder into a new folder for it to then use to shuffle through.

For years I've been adding and dropping wallpapers from the ones I've been using without ever having to move the actual file, so this is kinda bullshit.

switch it off slideshow you fucking mouthbreather

Except I DO want a slideshow.

I just want to select a specific set of images instead of using the whole folder.

use the windows 7 control panel then.

maybe I'm not understanding something here, what's so hard about using a separate folder with copies of the wallpapers you actually want in use? Surely that's easier to manage than a separate UI for selecting the specific photos in a huge folder

just make a pwoershell script

It just brings up the menu in the pic I posted.
I'm lazy and don't want to sort through hundreds of pictures when it was already working fine before.

there's no sorting involved, just select all the photos you want to put in the slideshow and copy paste them in a new folder called slideshow and use that

But that takes longer and takes up more space when on Win7 I could just save to the main folder, go into the background settings and easily add/drop as I see fit and hit save without it having to save duplicate copies of all my pictures.

It's just really annoying and I don;t see why Win10 can't have this small feature.

>winblows

found your problem

Win+R
control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

Don't copy the photos then, just move them in or out of the new folder. It seems like you just don't want to do anything different for the sake of proving a point

>Having anything other than a plain coloured wallpaper

That's exactly it. Either way he has to browse though the folder to select the images.

>Windows 10
Get off the tech board

Might aswell be using a speak and spell if you can't manage to do basic shit on the most babby worst broken os known to man

ctrl click images you want, right click on one of them, set as desktop background

Or just doesn't give a fuck and want to make a bait thread.

UWP is shit!

we know OP. we know.

install gentoo

OP here

I think I'm just going to go back to Win7. A lot of shit has been annoying me, so I'm just about done.

Hey I use that CT Wallpaper too

Does the "Browse" button not work?

get cucked, lol