What are peoples' complains about this? It's called shit in every Apple thread

What are peoples' complains about this? It's called shit in every Apple thread.

Works on my machine.

It's made by that fucking fruit company.

1. can't run on linux re~
2. can't play flac

It's just worse than every alternative

>300 services
>bonjour
>slow as shit
>no flac support
>forced to sync with this shit

>flac meme
>mp3 with white noise background

Always wondered what bonjour was for

Foobar plays music, has easy library management, looks nice, and allows me to manage my iPod. All in a package that's absolutely tiny compared to iTunes. That's why I don't like iTunes.

Didn't you have to downgrade your iPod to a specific version or something?

Pls help

I think it's a discovery protocol/service. Hense the name

Mac user here, it's pretty bloated and the UI is pretty messy.

yeah no

Is this supposed to make me want to rockbox?

After looks much worse

Why do freetards have such bad taste?

So I can go from nice, clean UI to 2005 20 dollar Chinese knockoff MP3 player looking UI?

I didn't have to for my iPod. I've not heard of needing to do so for any model (mine's a 160GB classic) but I also haven't looked for such info, so I'm not the one to ask.

I just downloaded the iPod manager component and put it in foobar's folder, and it worked.

flac is the biggest meme

It works, but suffers from feature creep. Originated as a 3rd party music player and over the years has been expanded to manage generations of iThings, is a music, video, and software store, internet radio player, and other things I probably didn't know it could do. Trying to overhaul it would be massive undertaking, so for now they just add features and hope things don't catastrophically break.

Apple isn't chasing the fraction of a percent neckbeard demographic.

I run OpenSUSE with a VM specifically for iTunes. I don't even have an iDevice.

It's a great program.

I'm re-written about 75% of it with the CoverFlow option returned, and have purposely left out support for FLAC because i would rather those users didn't use my program.

It's written in Objective-C, with some parts in assembly. When it's done i'll do the whole Swift thing and some obfuscation b/c of course... it will be proprietary.

Will consider a BSD license when i'm confident enough in the code (with a super small footprint).

>Takes forever to import songs
>Thinks my files are corrupt for some reason

I use Cogs now, it's pretty comfy.

Try musicbee. It's a million times better, and you can import your entire iTunes library into it easily.

I'm not sure if this is possible on iTunes, but one of the coolest things that blew me away was when I could select a bunch of songs and hit control-c then go to a folder in Windows and hit ctrl-v to paste the songs.

Yeah, Classic iPod OS was NOT the issue.
Paired with MediaMonkey, it was actually terrific

>takes longer to start up than the alternatives
>constantly bothers you about updating
>constantly bothers you about being signed in
>muh freedoms
>massive waste of space in general

>Works on my machine.

Worst justification ever

Smart Playlists are pretty bomb (pic related) but other than that, it's rather buggy and cumbersome.

I remember I spent 2 hours one day trying to fix it after updating. It would refuse to install and get an error. It wouldn't let me go back to my original version either. I eventually solved it by uninstalling the stupid extra services it comes with in a very specific order and it worked.

I'm terrified to update it again.

Most media players have smart playlists

itunes is shit, if you have a large music collection it is a giant turd and the way it organizes files (if you allow it to) is fucking retarded

just use foobar, or literally anything other than itunes...

>Worst justification ever
Yes, you should never let empirical data sway your judgement.
Emotion, bigorty and ego are the only meaningful factors.

Certain people expect Apple to supply better software on Windows than Microsoft does.
Actually, iTunes on Windows is just Apple's payback for the continuing catastrophy that is Office for Mac. Office for Mac only exists today because Jobs trapped Gates using Quicktime code in Windows Media Player. The continuation of Office was part of the settlement, along with $150million of non-voting stock.

only good for downloading purchased itunes songs and syncing your idevices. Absolutely garbage as a music player.

>flac is the biggest meme
says macfags with no sd card slot who can't afford the extra storage

but yet they accuse pc and android users of being poor

>can't afford the extra storage
We bought the bigger storage on the phones in the first place. Having a gaping hole and yet another set of interface contacts where things could go wrong is not good for reliability.
You wouldn't know; your phone wouldn't stay together long enough to fail.