So, I bought a pre built gaming PC, and before you judge me...

So, I bought a pre built gaming PC, and before you judge me, you must know that I had no other choice because building a pc here will cost the TRIPLE of the same build if in a first world country, anyways, it's a humble config, i5 2500k, and a gtx 580 which is surprisingly good, and was capable of 1080p gaming in some instances, BUT, it gets so hot, I'm talking about 92°C in the max and a minimum of 82°C, it got me worried honestly, I figured out the case is the problem because, IT'S A DAMN PREBUILT AND HAS ONLY ONE REAR EXHAUST FAN, any solutions, precautions, advices? pc is acer predator g5910

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GSllkFWVhJI?t=29s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm going to say something possibly stupid, but you didn't mention it.. have you cleaned out the heatsink fins with compressed air? We had an old athlon thunderbird machine that reached those kinds of temps and beyond.. got so bad it refused to boot. Check your thermal paste too, might need replacing.
Combined with age and that kind of heat stress for long, probably.

>GTX 580
>hitting 92c

I swear I'm not joking when I say this is actually normal. The 400 and 500 series cards were nuclear reactors when it came to heat dissipation.

You definitely want to consider upgrading the GPU.

>i5 2500K
>GTX 580
What year did you buy this in?

Where the fuck do you live?

Living in a 3rd world country man, I know they're ancient by todays standards but i'm not rich enough to put 4 months salaries into a pc...Already planning to leave this hell hole, don't worry
Kinda relieving, thank you!
Morocco.. pic is me

I live in the third world. I bought a 2500K and a 560 Ti... FIVE YEARS AGO!

>Comparing 3rd world countries without any regard to personal financial situation and a lot more factors
I don't live in a communist 3rd world country, man

What country? Bulgaria?

750ti might be cheap enough for you, hell of a step up from a 580

120 usd after converting from my shit currency? nice deal? ps, it's on a sale, normal price is 150 usd

Try finding the 750ti used really.

I got mine for $50, barely used, still in warranty, on CL for 50 USD.

Still, sorry to hear about situation friend OP. 92C is worrying, but is there any room for you to add more fans?

It's alright man, I'll try finding someone who can ship me a better gpu, as for your question, don't think there is, you can take a look at the case in the pic, maybe i'll mod the side panel with a good intake fan

Mine never goes beyond 76°, you fag. OP's clearly has awful cooling.

You should upgrade to a 1060, your cpu is fine though.

Also maybe add fans

1060 is the equivalent of 500 usd here

750Ti is probably your best bet.

just buy a delta fan and slap it on the rear exhaust or buy a couple of the 80mm ones and slap the min on the front to draw cool air in. it will be loud but will help.

You're actually in luck, you can add what looks like an 80MM intake fan to the front here. Can you take a picture of that spot at the front?

>delta fan
we don't want his PC to fly away, user

>because building a pc here will cost the TRIPLE of the same build if in a first world country,

Not true faggot, buy the parts online from a US website. that's what I did, if you use a private freight forwarding company shipping isn't even that expensive, much better than buying overpriced parts locally

kys

dynabolt it into the ground

kek

Fly away, you say? I'll look more into this "delta fan"

yeah... if sound is an issue to you and I literally mean actual sound, I'm talking 60db, then you may want to consider getting a fan controller for it. they damn well work though make no mistake about it.

I had one of those as my first "pc gaymen" computers and never had it reach temperatures like that. What climate are you in OP?

I see what you mean.
youtu.be/GSllkFWVhJI?t=29s

Is it possible to buy a loader fan?

* louder

580 is the successor of the original housefire card, the 480.
It's hot as a motherfucker and you'll have to use more fans.

you should install msi afterburner and run the fans on that gfx card to 100% at 80°C

Aw don't be like that man, you can get a good gayymen PC in Bulgaria for a month's salary or less.

If you want the latest GPU though you better get ready to fork out 50% over its regular price, or just get it delivered from Germany/UK/Spain

I don't want to wait 1-2 months for shit i payed for immediately to arrive, and I still have to pay for the fucking "border crossing tax" to customs
"my balls are sticking to my thighs while in a stationary position" climate, it reaches 40C
Looks like it does, i didn't notice it to be honest, thanks man, and it's aligned with the gpu, guess it'll help. pic is related

Just make sure it's set to be an intake and that ought to help dramatically.

gee clean it repaste gpu cpu and open the side panel case.

yes that one is for front fan, so the airflow turn into push pull.

I got EVGA precision x and set an agressive fan profile that hits 100% on 80C, it helps so thanks

Try to get a decent cpu cooler, sell your 580m and buy rx 470 or nvidia 1060. Overclock your cpu, and this will last you another 8 years.

Don't forget you also have the used market to search for parts. I can already find a 7970/280(x) and a 770 below 150€, maybe a 290 if you're lucky.

You realize the rx 470 has such a terrible pricing, making it a big meme

And after that, you can buy cheap ivy bridge cpu and it will work for another 4 years till the singularity comes.

also maybe it might help if you take out the bottom two i/o slot covers, the problem is that the gfx card is too close to the bottom of the case and the heat gets trapped there.

In all honestly any decent 30-40€ case should be better than that.
Only worry is if it's a bottom mounted psu one, cables might not be long enough, especially the cpu 4/8 pin

Case suggestions?

At 40€? Way too many to list. While not high end, they all should be better than that.
But from memory, Aerocool 500 and Thermaltake versa h24/25 (h23 is hideous imho) immediately come to mind.