Which Windows is lightest and takes less RAM than 10...

Which Windows is lightest and takes less RAM than 10, it's annoying for me that the 10 one start some shit useless processes in background and makes my old 320gb hdd disk over 80% usage, also the RAM, is there any not bugged light version of 7 ?

gentoo

7 doesn't take up that much ram, fresh install without any added shit only uses like what, 1-1.5 gigs?

only time i'd get above 2gigs is when i would open chrome

W7
Uses 600-700mb in my setup

Though when i fresh install, i always kill all the services i don't need
I have been doing this for years
Way back when i had xp it used only 150mb of ram

Windows XP - 400mb
Windows Vista and Windows 7 - 700mb
Windows 8 and 8.1 - 1.2gb
Windows 10 - 1.2gb

Just disable all non essential services and processes. Untick everything from startup and go through services disabling indexing, remote desktop services, fax and print services, windows media center services, bitlocker, bluetooth, EFS etc.

On 8.1 it's around 700MB from a cold boot, granted I disabled a bunch of services I don't use.

On a fresh install it uses somewhere around 1.2GB.

>Way back when i had xp it used only 150mb of ram
since I'm still on XP I did a fresh reboot for the thread

Windows XP - 400MB

Wut
I used to run XP on a machine with 96MB RAM. Could even play Starcraft on top of that.

Since 7 they introduced a system that adjusts how much ram the OS actually uses based on your capacity. There are certainly different minimums for each system but it really doesn't matter unless you're running an ancient piece of shit. XP if you really want it minimal.

>that bloat

Beautiful

7 and 8.1 both use around the same. pick the one that suits your needs best.

Windows 95

XP?
RAM patch or x64? I've gotten way less than 113MB when tweaking but only 32bit.

SP3?

>commit charge
duh, i forgot about pagefile size, it's snappier without pagefile bro

why not just tweak 10 so that it does not start useless processes in the background?

Windows 1.0

7 home premium

Windows 7 Lite

Ms dos

ReactOS

>some shit useless processes in background
is that antimalware service?

>when 'flat style' actually looked good

>that bloat
I use XP as my main OS. You use XP as a fashion statement. Mine is "bloated" with mouse and keyboard drivers and other things I use. Where is your graphics drivers?

Get more RAM you cheap twat

I used to have the same problem with the HDD usage.

Then I fixed it but forgot how to :')