Why can't a gtx 950 play doom at 60fps on 1080p but a ps4 can for like 90% of the time...

Why can't a gtx 950 play doom at 60fps on 1080p but a ps4 can for like 90% of the time. is it because of console optimization ? I don't really don't see the point of budget builds then if a ps4 will outperform them.

not bushing pc gaming just budget builds my rig runs doom smooth as fuck at 1080p with a 970.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=munsIFm3XaE
pcpartpicker.com/list/qDtvWX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Same settings?

Have you tried comparing IQ?

>is it because of console optimization
Yes you fucking tard. That and PC versions usually have much higher texture resolutions and more demanding visual effects requiring better hardware in general.
>actually expecting a $150 GPU to run brand new games at 60 FPS at max settings

Of course not.

Probably this.

>ps4 can for like 90% of the time
Because the PS4 version is a lower texture blurry mess compared to the PC version.
youtube.com/watch?v=munsIFm3XaE

Op, answer this fucking question because otherwise you're full of shit.

Consoles don't have any optimization over the PC. That was some shit made up last generation when they were getting away with games at 15fps in many instances where it was hard but not impossible to tell.

Optimization is one reason. Obviously it's easier to make a game run well on a single specific piece of hardware than unlimited combinations. Another reason is the console version of Doom changes graphical settings on the fly to avoid frame drops.

Looking at this video, I think it's hard to justify dropping around a two thousand dollars to play games like Doom with maxed out graphics when you can get a console for 200 bucks. Of course there will be a very real difference when you go from 25-30fps 1080p to 144fps 1440p but is it really worth the investment? Great stories like Witcher 3 or GTA V will still be great stories, no matter what platform they are played on.

yeah but you only really need $1,000 at 1080p and if you need a pc not just for browsing the web then it's a no brainer to invest more in the pc but if all you do is shit post then yeah a console is better

Agreed. When comparing the $65,000.00 PCs that are needed to play PC games to the $25 consoles, we can see that those PCs are just 3-5% better.

You can build a machine which will smoke the consoles for $400-500.

but it won't run doom as well as a ps4

At the same settings, it will run Doom better.

You have a bigger library of games.
You need a pc anyways - only the gpu is gaming specific, and a GPU is cheaper than a console.
You can use any controls.
You can customize and mod.
You save a lot of. Money on games - it acctually pays for itself.

>I think it's hard to justify dropping around a two thousand dollars
Why would you drop $2k when you can get the 1080@60fp for around $600? Or are you planning on getting better image quality in numerous games?

>144fps 1440p
Okay, you'd need to spend a bit more. Maybe $1k for a system to do that.

>Great stories like Witcher 3 or GTA V will still be great stories
Read a book if you want a great story. If you want a great experience, which includes great image quality along with a great story you need great hardware as well. Mediocre consoles will get you a good experience but if there is a PC version then it will be the one to give you the best experience (great vs. good).

This. Also we don't get cucked by remasters we get them for free. Skyrim, Bioshock series and also mods etc..

You can pirate easily saving loads of money.
You can get a old gpu of cheap or free from a friend.

Nice meme. Even a lower mid-range card will run Doom at 1080/60 on ultra settings, which is far above what the consoles use. Drop it down to console settings and even a post-gimping Kepler will run it.

>Consoles don't have any optimization over the PC.

Sup Forums once again in charge of not spreading misinformation and knowing what they're talking about

the console versions adjust the rendering resolution on the fly to hit the 60 fps mark, whereas the pc version does not

fucking do some research you retard

I can't pirate games for some reason. I don't feel like finishing them unless i get them on steam

>the console versions adjust the rendering resolution on the fly to hit the 60 fps mark
You mean like Rage did back in 2011?

I actually bought both Metro remasters 75% off on Steam sale, though.
Haven't even played the games yet because I pretty much only play Path of Exile.
Don't know why I keep buying games if I don't play them.

Considering that most tech companies supply you with a decent laptop like 13-15" fagbooks, I think that having a desktop for facebook is overkill. I can even play Civ and KSP on mine because of the dedicated GPU.

Quality shitposting right there tripfag.

A machine that will run 30-60fps with med/high graphics on 1080p. Not really worth it imo. I'd rather build that 2k machine to actually see the difference.

dude same here lol i bought both a year ago and just started playing like a month ago and stopped. now i just play overwatch and doom

Used sandy/ivy system: $250
970 on sale: $250
Rapes consoles

PS4 runs Doom at medium settings. Even a radeon 7950 can run Doom at stable 60fps on vulkan medium settings.

Same with the Souls series.

>played Demon's Souls on PS3
>got Dark Souls limited edition while still on Demon's
>never played it
>stopped playing Demon's about 50% in
>bought Dark Souls 1 and 2 on Steam
>start Dark Souls 1
>configure controller
>run around for 5 minutes
>quit
>play Path of Exile for the rest of the evening
>haven't played them since

I'm 100% sure I'll buy Dark Souls 3 as well soon.

That's some high quality bait.

Low hanging fruit. Temptation is there but a bit of restraint except for this.
>Mobility due to form factor.
I'm trying to think up what the console version of a gaming laptop would be and I can just see the pants-on-head retard duct taping the console to the back of his Walmart 32" flat screen.

Gentlemen.

yeah stopped at half way through dark souls 1 and everytime i see the other games from the series i'm tempted to buy them but i refuse because i know i'll just get piss and stop playing them

>is it because of console optimization ?
Partly. Very little API overhead and there's a lot you can do when designing a game for a fixed hardware setup.

Another major reason are the settings the settings console version uses. Judging by some comparisons I've seen, they are close to the medium settings on PC but console version dynamically adjusts the settings on the fly depending on the load so the game can hit the 60fps target most of the time.

>I don't really don't see the point of budget builds then if a ps4 will outperform them.
Aside from preferred input/control method and the fact that the budget PC can do a heck of a lot more than match consoles in video game performance, me neither.

>Looking at this video, I think it's hard to justify dropping around a two thousand dollars to play games like Doom with maxed out graphics when you can get a console for 200 bucks.
Well I think you know your answer already then. Not worth for you.

>Consoles don't have any optimization over the PC.
You are a dumb fuck.

>The new Xbox 720 and Playstation 4 will use APU technology, which will enable them to have a graphical output similar to a 7850, ONE OF PCs MOST HALLOWED AND EXPENSIVE CARDS.
Where the fuck did the author do his research for this document? Best Buy?

PC gaming is DEAD! Really guys it has died and now no one plays games on the PC any more! I am serious it is dead, and to prove that all I need to ask is: Did you or any of your friends ever play a game on the PC recently? If you say no then that proves that PC gaming is dead. If you say yes then you are a damn liar because PC gaming is DEAD, and you are lying because you have no proof or evidence, and THAT PROVES PC GAMING IS DEAD!

Really, if you take a look at the recent games for the PC then you will see that many of them sell less than 1m copies (pathetic!) and that PROVES that PC gaming is DEAD! And some PC games are so casual that they get more than 1m sales (lol casuals), and that further proves that PC gaming is DEAD!

So stop using PC for games, only consoles are meant to play games that is why they are called PCs. If they were meant for games they would be called PGs: Personal Gamestations. That also proves that PC gaming is DEAD!

Only consoles have good games anyway, all the PC games are horrible, and this is why PC gaming is dead. Besides, who would play games on a PC? PCs are meant for browsing the web and editing documents and that is why they come with a mouse and keyboard.

PC gaming is dead, so stop playing games on a PC. It is not fun to play games on a PC, because it is a dead platform. If you or anyone else think that PC gaming is fun then you are deluded, because it isn't.

So stop playing games on the PC because that is stupid and PC gaming is DEAD!

but it very rarely does that. 99.9% of the time PS4 runs Doom at 1920x1080

Yes very funny, epic comedy even.

No one has claimed PC gaming is dead or that consoles are in every way superior.

I think it is hard to justify dropping around a two thousand dollars to play games like Doom with maxed out graphics when you can get a console for $200.

Maxed graphics on consoles is typically low quality on PCs, just like Doom demonstrates.

>games run smoother when settings are lowered

No shit sherlock, shill for your toys elsewhere

it's, i, ... , the culmination of human history

>780 ti is worse than a 370

Had a good laugh, thanks novidya

In one version of one game which is optimized solely for AMD cards.

That doesn't implicate PC gaming being dead or consoles being superior. You're trying really hard to get yourself agitated.

>which is optimized solely for AMD cards.

I can't believe I actually read this after years it actually exclusive to Nvidia.

What a time to be alive.

Of course there will be a very real difference when you go from 25-30fps 1080p to 144fps 1440p but is it really worth the investment? A machine that will run 30-60fps with med/high graphics on 1080p. Not really worth it imo. I'd rather build that 2k machine to actually see the difference.

I don't recall any specific IQ optimizations since the days of 3dmark 2003 when renaming the executable resulted in lower results.

>pc gayming
>$6348.15 for 4K
pcpartpicker.com/list/qDtvWX

Nice bait

the fuck am I reading, GTX titan 6gb worse than the 960 4gb?

i had 13-20fps at mid-high settings with oced 7850, game has awful optimization.

But anyway i can play it at 80-150fps on my new gtx 1060 so who cares.

Ebin

Denuvo is probably slightly slower than Sony's DRM system.

Also you should try running the game at the lowest settings and at 1600x900 to really compare your computer to a console.

You're miserable.

>which is optimized solely for AMD cards
>a low level API is "optimized solely for AMD cards"
This is what Nvidiots actually believe.

>DX11 forever! Purge the DX12/Vulkan devil!
>S-s-stop making us l-look bad!!!

HAHAHAH
OP actually thinks 950 can run D4

nigga 950 CANNOT RUN DOTA ON MEDIUM @ 60FPS

SELL THAT PIECE OF SHIT AND GET A REAL CARD, 7900 SERIES OR SOMETHING FOR $100

That graph is not right, it's got fucked up shit like 1 card better the same two in SLI (r9)

>>a low level API
You are ignorant of the intrinsic shaders in the last patch or that async isn't even enabled for Nvidia cards yet?

Yes it can along with mgs5 from my own experiences

at 320x240 maybe

>mfw playing Doom 3 and not even knowing what this thread is about

It's a fucking manchild hobby, just buy both and get over it.

woops wrong pic

>optimized for AMD

Yeah man, DX12 and Vulkan are both created by two satanic organizations solely for the purpose of weakening of the divine Nvidia master race.

>DX12 and Vulkan are both created
>both
I point out one version of one game and you somehow read that to mean something more than one version of one game. How is the OpenGL version of Doom benching again?

No I had a budget build I pulled out of a dumpster mostly. E8200, 8gigs ddr2, zotec 950. Settings set to medium with no AA

The console versions make heavy use of async compute. It makes a big difference on any AMD GPU.

I'm pretty sure you could get a 950 close to 60fps at similar settings to consoles (they're not running anywhere near high/ultra)

Also, the consoles use dynamic resolution scaling, so it's not always at full 1920x1080.

> it's got fucked up shit like 1 card better the same two in SLI (r9)

No, you are jsut stupid. If a game doesn't support multi-gpu (doom does not) there is stil ladditional driver overhead. Plus for most of those dual die cards they use different clocks than their single die counterpart (the 295x2 is even clocked higher than a 290x!).

Sure man it's the API's fault that the cards were built with only DX11 in mind.

Trufax

Kek'd audibly, thanks user

PS4 runs it at 30 fps 900p at best, and at less than the pc's min settings.

>hey guys lemme just drop in my gut feel about thsi subject even though i did no research at all on the game in question

>Why can't a gtx 950 play doom at 60fps on 1080p but a ps4 can for like 90% of the time.

950gtx - 1,4 teraflop
ps4 - 1,7 teraflop

maybe since 950 is a shitty card outperformed by hardware from 5 years ago?

my 1070gtx maxes out doom 4 on max settings at 200 fps most time with some drops to 170fps
even my ancient 660 has no problems running the game on high with low shadows and motion blur off at 50 fps

Why do retards always assume shitty 50$ new card from this year > a 500$ top end card from last year ?

>hey guys, did you know that I'm paid to post this garbage?

>talking out my ass:the post

paid by who? in the case you actually were fucking serious...

doom runs at 1920x1080 while utilizing dynamic rendering resolution to keep it at the 60 fps target. it rarely actually drops from that 1920x1080 unless there's a ton of enemies and stuff going on on the screen. settings are visually very close or identical to medium settings on pc but this is anecdotal evidence at most. you'd know that had you actually looked at a single comparison.

why comment if you haven't done any research? enjoy typing misleading garbage akin to shiposting?

>max enemies in a room: 12
>tons of enemies and stuff going on on the screen

>paid by who?
You tell us, shill.

>shill
what am i shilling?

>gtx 950 not good enough for doom

You must be doing something wrong.

>You can pirate easily saving loads of money.

ok denuvo

None of Denuvo games are worth even pirating, besides new Doom.

Yeah so I'm told. still wouldn't mind playing them for whatever value they have besides being empty sequels.

>ps4
>1080p
>60fps
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That's right, it will run better than ps4 silky smooth 30fps 900p.

console retards
>$400 console
>$800 TV
>$800 laptop
>$80 per game
>$10/month subscription
>total $2000+
"enjoy" "games" at "30" fps and "900p"

pc friends
>$700 pc (midrange, maybe a rx470/480/1060 if on sale)
>$200 monitor
>$500 laptop for fucking around/school
>total $1400
play almost every game at 1080p 60fps AND have a powerful enough PC to do other things

>get a bundle deal
>i5 system for $300
>throw a 1070 in
>pc that will last nearly a decade for $800

The big consoles just dont make sense anymore, given the rise of mobile/handhelds and how cheap powerful components are.

Guess its just a sign of how lazy and ignorant people are becoming.

Your average gamer wants to feel like they belong to a tribe, and they want to be spoonfed everything.

this thread is weird.

I always wondered why games didn't have a dynamic setting option. Like raising it when indoors vs outdoors, or other common easy to run areas

not anymore it doesn't

nvidia has started gimping the 970 and the PS4K / Scorpio will outperform it even more

>buys an absolute dogshit gpu that it's mainly use is in moba games
>wonders why it can't do 60fps on doom
Fucking lmao my 380 runs at solid 60fps

FPS are unplayable on that children's toy controller gamepad.

>he bought a pc
>to play games
>at the quality of a console
You fell for the masterrace meme faggot. Unless you're willing to shell out at least $800 on one, it's not worth it.