There's literally nothing wrong with BSD

There's literally nothing wrong with BSD

I can count the number of users with the fingers on both hands.

there's literally nothing right with it either

No drivers.
Proprietary blobs in every kernel (named totally-not-blobs-blob-is-the-word-for-drivers-please-believe-us-teehee for your convenience).
More like, there's nothing right with BSD.

>1024x768 wallpaper
>perfect for bsd

you are correct, BSD and GNU are both great

BSD is insecure. OpenBSD has no MAC, third party software with a vulnerability will pwn it.

I've never seen a BSD user who hasn't had a full blown autism, like I mean those people are literally fucked in the head

no, you cannot.

You can say the exact same thing about Linux

not really, plenty of normies use ubuntu n shit

True, nobody can possibly have a negative number of fingers.

You honestly thought that was clever, didn't you?

get fucked bsd nigger

Actually, I use Slackware and I thought you were unfunny you autist.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Proprietary blobs in every kernel
except for OpenBSD, didn't you do your homework? plus linux allows for blobs as well.

What? What do you mean by MAC? By MAC I understand hardware addresses in NICs
What the fuck do you mean and how does a vulnerable port own an OpenBSD box?

he's an idiot, don't reply to him or he'll turn this thread into his playground for 6 hours straight

Most Linux users are corporations.

Most BSD users are Apple and Sony (Playstation).

Aka autists

xD

Wrong.
gnu ---extra ---------long -----------retarded ---------------------options

don't forget the "we break standards because stanrdards exist to be broken xD" part

BSD has been there before Linux and yet no one takes it seriously
-Less drivers (Most bluetooth, printer, scanner and AMD drivers are not available)
-Linux compatibility layer dropped
-WINE dropped
-PC-BSD is horsecrap
-Open BSD has FBI backdoors and doesn't even have MAC
-No real vt-d virtualization for windows guests
-Third party softwares are geared towards Linux and not BSD (See Steam, VMWare, Foxit Reader, Dropbox, Skype and the list goes on)
-Garbage quality mirror speed
-pkg (FreeBSD) is a very mediocre package manager
-No Live ISO to actually try (apart from PC-BSD or some broken distro)
-Lack of vulkan support
-Most open source software are meant for Linux and systemd these days (pulseaudio, networkmanager, GNOME, etc, BSD doesn't have systemd. BSD and some other hipster garbage distro gets some skids to patch together so they can barely run without systemd. Expect no support when system breaks.
-FreeBSD hand book is pretty easy to follow, I'll give where the credit is due. But it lacks content severly. A well structured wiki has troubleshooting of known issues, which FreeBSD handbook lacks
Daily reminder that there is NO (ZERO) reason to use BSD over Linux. Gentoo has ports and Arch has Arch Build systems. Jails are available in Linux and mitigation as well. Linux can recognize ZFS partitions. Linux has KVM/QEMU and has a fully functioning Vt-D support with a known list of hardwares.

Again, BSD has been out there before Linux but it's Linux that offered usability so people started using it. And in the recent months the market share of Linux (NOT BSD) is actually rising, thanks to windows 10. Linux is becoming usable by the days while BSD stays as a DEAD project. BSD is meant for CLI environments only, Lumina is a cheap ripoff of KDE4

The ONLY reason we respect *BSD is that it promotes the philosophy of open-source and free softwares. We will have no reason to support you the very moment you even try to attack Linux.

>third party software with a vulnerability
>Implying third party softwares even run on BSD
hahahaha

I'm fine with standard being broken, I'm not fine with them being entirely dishonest about what they do and don't break, though.
They shouldn't make a Unix-like if it's not even like Unix. Maybe GNU should make a BeOSlike or entirely new OS if they can't handle posix and SUS

>we respect BSD
>wall of text with FUD
nice going, freetard

>FUD
I lol'd

I just spent my afternoon installing openbsd on my netbook. However my one specific wireless chipset(5413) isn't supported by the ath0 driver in openbsd. It is supported in every other linux and bsd distribution. Fuck BSD and especially OpenBSD. Im installing linux because at least it isn't gay

>OpenBSD
>Has no ZFS
>Has no MAC
>Has no Linux compatibility layer
OpenBSD is the meme of all *BSDs

Amen. I finally understand why Linus called them a bunch of masturbating monkeys

>he struggles to accept that his meme OS is shit
lel

Depends, which BSD kernel are we talking about?

>my netbook.
Point at him.
Point at him and laugh.

Linux is far more well-established, well-supported, and has more software.

If BSD had better hardware support and more software I'd move in a heartbeat.

This, bigger community and more users means that when I don't know how to do something on Linux, it's much easier to find an answer than it is when I don't know how to do something on BSD. Also means better hardware support.

Lack of drivers, even less than linux.
No ability to use ext4, btrfs, luks, lvm
Installer won't see extended partitions in mbr.

Feh, lame.

Bsd was first but it lagged behind for legal issues. Right when it was the first kernel/OS's with network support they stopped development for years for legal shit

Based linus has no weaknesses

I have no fucking clue how, but my uncle put out updates and patches for a specific BSD version for over 15 years (I think it was primarily for his own use on the systems where he worked), along with patching a lot of open source software to be better compatible in the late 90s and early 2000s. May be hard to believe, but he's not autistic.