Mfw turned 20 yesterday

>mfw turned 20 yesterday

Now that I'm too old to learn programming, should I just become a retailcuck or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

tiobe.com/tiobe-index/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

programming is ez shit senpai ull learn it in a week bro dont sweat is senpai

How

Lol your 20 you can't even drink yet, your life has barely begun. You have tons of time to learn anything but I am guessing you are typical lazy ass millennial so yeah cashier at Target is probably your best option.

read a book?

me irl

Programming is a means to an end. Be an engineer and do something useful

not worth it lmao

enjoy being a wagecuck then

>tfw I never was a 14 year old prodigy that dreams in code
>tfw I didn't write my first computer program at 12 like bill gates
>tfw I didn't get accepted by MIT (not that I applied)

why even bother getting off my ass I guess I'm just doomed to an existence of playing video games and arguing about GPUs

I'm 23. I learned webdev in 6 months and I'm doing it as a career right now. You're selling yourself short mate.

programming is easy.
The difficult part is using it to solve problems.

wats ur stack bro

> webdev
> thinks he is programming
How cute

it's the type of programming that actually gets u a job

Tfw 29 and 12 credit hours from cs degree.
Too late for me? Been in retail 7 years now

You should start to organize your funeral t.b.h.

> webdev
> getting a job
How brown is your skin?

i havent been outside for 3 months so it's quite white m8

Pajeet, your skin is still curry colored even if you dont go into the sun

So you didn't see the new color of trees yet?
Shit is crazy all the bark turned purple and nobody is talking about it.

found the basement dwelling haskellfag

25 here about to finish my degree in IT Security/networking. Also 7 years retail.

Feels good desu senpai

>engayneers
>not wagecucks

>not math phd 300k starting

Is webdev hard to get into?
Do you work from home or at a company?

Are you fucking nuts? Look kido, i am 26, i am IT System admin in a fucking Ukraine, i am surviving in 100 $/month and still managing to pay for bills. I
Recently i started learning programming, because i pretty fucking tired of messing only with hardwares/routers and etc. And i wanted to get normal pay.
Stop complaining, stop crying. I am into PHP for 2 weeks, and i don't know much, but still it is fucking better than to sorry mysellf and i learned a lot, and there is a lot to be learned, but there is a difference, and with every lesson you are spenting on programming - you are making it bigger.

>you are making it bigger
l-lewd.

>want better salary
>chooses PHP
dumb xoxol

bitch please, just check trends for programming languages for 2016, and check 3 top languages. You will find there PHP. So please, shut the fuck up.

My point was that if you wanted a larger salary then why would you choose a language that is known to be one of the most poorly paid languages, Java and C# salaries are way higher

And PHP isnt in the top3
tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

stupid xoxol

>some user is a couple of weeks younger than you
>become disgusted by it
Why does this happen?

You're experiencing old man syndrome.

Soon enough you'll be complaining about those damn millennials or whatever.

suicide is always an option.

>implying we're not all millennials
It's gen x we should be worried about.

Gen Z, fucks sake.

Gen Z is truly fucked.

They're not even learning how to type or even write legibly because they're being brought up with ipads now.

drink bleach and end it already.

Can confirm.
Little imouto sister is in 5th grade now and they don't use desktops anymore, it's all iPads and laptops. I tried to get her to learn typing and she said "she doesn't need to know it".

>20
>too old to learn

cucks these days, man

people even start college in the 30s and older and go on to have great careers

Meh, that's other pol, i was checking RedMonk's
Don't know in which part of Rashka are you suffering/living/working in, but here in the west of Ukraine, PHP workers get pretty decent pay. Like junior junior PHP programmer can get 500 $ for working 30 hours/week (mon-friday) which is not that bad. And a top of that PHP is good for beginers, it's easy to learn. Yes, i can agree that there is a lot of PHP govno-coders, maybe i am one of them, but no one born as perfect human being with a knowledge of programming. You never stop learning.
And even then, you can start freelancing for $ on small projects, which also good + it is good practise, when you don't have much experience in big PHP dev. projects.

Well, you you a point there - Java is also pretty good indeed, maybe i will even learn it next.

Good luck living under Iron Curtain... oups, i mean Yarovaya packet. Enjoy your time on Sup Forums, because soon roskomnadzor could ban it :P

>Be a highschool failure who failed two years and finished HS at 18 (16 is the usual in my country, you have to do 2 more "advanced HS" before university)
>start a Cisco CCNA course after a couple of months, seems like I'm getting my life together again, feelsgoodamn
>pick up concepts quite quickly and understand things, like it
>the end of the course comes, but since I havent studied almost anything in my house I've forgotten some stuff from the start of the course
>decide to not take cert exam yet and study a little more before it
>it's vacations though, have a 2 weeks break
>come back
>no motivation at all
>spend months of NEET from April to summer, probably worst, most depressed time of my life, spent an actual month without putting a foot outside of my house
>go to vacations on summer
>this was one year ago, fastforward to this summer, I've moved to the UK to get a burgerflipper job while getting my certs in the free time
>realise I was a fucking dumbass for not getting them before instead of doing nothing
>realise the last time I tried studying was already a little over a year ago and I've forgotten everything, what the fucking fuck I've done for one year? I seriously don't even have an idea, it's like that time just dissapeared
>right now, 20 years old, only highschool, no certs, basically no job experience

tl;dr: I'm a fucking retard

should I kill myself? rob a bank and die in the attempt/run to mexico if I succeed?

feels fucking bad man

>that is known to be one of the most poorly paid languages
in Europe and particularly in the UK it's among the best paid

It's deeply irrational but I can relate to OP's fears/anxieties. I'm 22 (and I've been NEET for 2 years) and I just feel like I'm at the end of my life, like this is it and it will never be anything more or anything better and I might as well die now and stress a great deal over what I have achieved or, more like, what I haven't achieved and all the opportunities I've missed.

I think because of internet and hyper virtualization of our lives people lose their innocence a lot faster and you have retards like me that have basically a mid life crisis in early 20s.

Prodigies don't play video games

>Lol your 20 you can't even drink yet
Americucks.

>in a fucking Ukraine
on the Ukraine

No, you're an average 20 year old. Hint: most people don't have their lives in order, at almost every age bracket. The only ones who do are those who were drilled/disciplined from childhood on.

What you need is to get your shit together. Start small, really small. It can be as small as "always throw trash away immediately" or "make your bed when you wake up in the morning". Then gradually work your way up. Have plans (again: start small - plan for dinner tonight) and stick to them.

You will fail. That is normal, that happens, that is ok. What's not ok is just throwing your hands up and going "well fuck it, it's not 100% perfect so why even bother" and stop trying. That's like falling down a flight of stairs and then telling yourself "well, might as well fall down the rest of the stairs". When you fall, you get back up. The important thing is to get back up, always.

Start working towards your CCNA, or towards anything. Always have something to work toward - be it fitness, be it education, be it a relationship, be it a vacation, a career, or whatever. Forget the past, it doesn't affect you unless you choose so.

Don't look back - you're not going that way.

Mfw turned 23 yesterday
I hope you had a nice birthday party

lol in post-soviet countries guys in 20 are droping alcohol, starting family, going to tough jobs, just to survive. And here those guys who are living in Amurica, get everything they want, and they still complaining. Guys, wtf just try to fucking live in eastern Europe, it's a real fucking STALKER simulator.

I went back to uni and learned to code at 28 and got my first dev job at 32. Get to it faggot and don't be a victim.

And you fuckers wonder why you're alone

You keep being defeatists, thinking that there's a set age for everything, that you're born oppressed or somehow in a condition where you can never fucking improve because, welp, bad luck, I messed up one thing now, I guess I gotta launch those nukes.

What matters is that you get there. It's gonna be a bit more difficult but if I managed to make a 45 year old MILF learn some decent math you can learn to program 10 years from now. 10 fucking years OP. Just get to it or don't but stop this retardation.

No, it is in, dumb zhitel Rashki.
The only one "on" here is me fucking your mother while you are posting on Sup Forums.

>tfw 26yo neet shut in since 2012 (massive breakdown/disconnect with life)

All I have done today is mess about ricing my arch linux.

I used to be a fat fucking basement dwelling slob with severe social retardation. To the point where I would get fucking butterflies for talking to -someone- outside of my closest family members. I had no friends. I was 23. I dropped out of fucking school. Many times I was just thinking of where to drop dead so I wouldn't stink up the place. Then I decided that I would at least fucking try something.

I lost over a hundred pounds and went back to school at 25. I met shitty people, and I met great people. I made enough friends, teachers loved the fuck out of me and I managed to finish it without trouble. I went from talking to no one to talking to everyone. I went from being afraid of women in general to having several female friends. From being an insipid cunt to a "fun guy".

Look, I might still be a dumbfuck. But if I managed to do this, what's stopping 20 year olds today from just, I don't know, fucking trying something else? Your life is finished? Seriously? You think anyone gives a rat's ass about you being 20 or 27?

>Eastern European
>Dropping alcohol
user please, we just drink more to escape our problems and depressions

20 year olds are not millennials.

Actually 20 year olds are exactly millennials. Millennials are people born in late 80s to mid 90s that grew to maturity around the millennium. The generation you're thinking of are the post-millennials/generation z that were born in late 90s and early 2000s.

>1980 to 1999
>not millenial

Kode with Klossy

Exactly. 20 year olds today are part of Gen Z being born in 96. Therefore, they are not millennials.

>1980 to 1995
ftfy

Pathetic. You have the most complex computer in the world between your ears and all you want to do is waste it.

Nothing wrong with video games (gpu thing is literal cancer) every once in a while but don't take what you have for granted. You are capable of incredible things.

That goes for all you anons.

Listen, I know it must feel pretty insulting to belong to a specific generation, that doesn't mean you get to change the numbers as you please.

Webdev is probably the most accessible field, and yes there is tons of demand for it especially for internships (remote too, super comfy way to pad your resumé).

Even for non-webdev interviews I was often asked in passing if I had any webdev experience (don't think I was ever turned down solely for not having it but I intentionally stay away from that stuff because I fear being pidgeon-holed)

I was in the same boat. now at 24 I've been gainfully employed for at least 2 years

there is hope, just like go do something

Okay man, thanks a lot for the advice really.

I moved to the UK almost two months ago after asking for advice in one thread like this, decided it was an actual good step to get my shit together again, and it was going fine until I realized how terrible low wage jobs are, and how few free time for studying/whatever I have left.

Well, I'll try to put in practice what you said, thanks again.

>started learning programming at 23
>now a .net dev at 26

never make excuses, OP.

I wasn't serious actually but yeah good post

>IM MAD CAUSE IMA A NEAT!
Better call him Pajeet.

There is the kind of social retardation you can't just shed with practice.

The only insulted person I see is yourself. Someone born in 1999 has nothing in common with someone born in 1980. While the term Millennial is correct, it's too vague. Millennial is another term for Gen Y.

>he fell for the "great" britain meme

by doing it and not shitposting on Sup Forums

>tfw living off parents' money alone in an old house
Is this the best way to exist in current times?

I can only say it for germany, but here people who work with php and webdevs in general get 15k-30k € less per year than even java pajeets.

It's actually quite better than Spainistan really, here you can actually get the shit jobs, in Spain you gave 20 CV's to restaurants or really anywhere in Madrid, and they just went to the trash after you left to the door.
Here after handing CVs for 3 hours I got like 3 calls, I was impressed.

I plan on apply for government leeching programs too now, didn't even thought that was possible after just moving here, retarded brit gov, no wonder so many brits here want to evade taxes when is all going to immigrants like myself. Hopefully with that I will have free time to study, and at least I aim to give it back when I get a decent job in the future though.

Yeah, there's a point at which it's really hard. But it's not just as common as people may think it is. Some people are genuinely just a bit narcissistic and think that people give a shit and pay full attention to every little mistake they might do. Other people just plain don't try and go for unneeded therapy. Just saying I used to be a person that couldn't even ask someone I never met for the time. It took me a while until going out of the house wasn't so much of an issue that I would pretty much try to avoid eye contact even with inanimate objects.

I think some people don't understand that being the quieter one doesn't automatically put you into the weirdo zone. You just have to be a bit educated and respectful. Just a bit.

I'd swear you were my older brother if he wasn't technologically illiterate.

Do you say shit like "I'm actually doing them a favor because I'm looking after the place" too?

Would you say it's a good time for a poor, filthy spaniard like me to take a crappy job from the superior britons?

No, I don't care for making excuses about my existence as a piece of shit. I care for my comfort and nothing else.

Britfag here. It's so good you do the shit jobs. I'm comfortable with my neetbucks for mental illness. Have all the time in the world to learn something but just post on Sup Forums and /r9k/ all day. There really isn't that many jobs when you've been out of work for years all of a sudden.

Once your brain starts to die around 26-30 you're too old to learn programming

Millennials are born early 80s, some people go all the way back to 1980, until the early 2000s. This is why there are so many in the generation.

Wrote my first line of code at 22. Doing my PhD in comp sci now. You should be worried about not tripping over your fucking umbilical cord desu

Past, you don't need to learn the syntax, that's boring and can always be googled... What you need to learn is the fundamentals, because they are essentially the fuckin same no matter the language.

So think about a piece of software that is programmed to do something, what functions of any language will it need in order to do its thing?

That's how to become a programmer, you use your creative thinking to solve problems and come up with the solution to the task.

20 is in no way to old to learn programming, I learnt at 34 and I previously fell into the same trap as everyone else. I got bogged down in trying to remember how to code this or that...

Put the textbook down and go do something with coding if you really want to learn how.

turned 21 two days back, and i feel you OP. Im starting my senior year in Aerospace Engineering at a top 5 engg school in the US, but I feel like I barely learnt anything desu. Starting to get really really interested in cybersec though, and I might start working towards a professional career in that. Thoughts on how to progress in this? Am I making a stupid mistake?

20 year old user here as well.
About to start university next year what do you think is the best computing related degree for big stacks $$$?
My buddy is 22 and is in his 3rd year of uni and working at JPMorgan on a work year earning 36k.
Was thinking in following his route but you guys got any other ideas/advice?

I'm brit as well so 36k £.

/thread

>Am I making a stupid mistake?
you'll find out soon

I don't know man... depends on what your situation is. (I'm assuming you're a education-less guy looking for low tier jobs like I was ) If you can live at your parent's in Spain, try getting any shit part time job just to pay the groceries (eat rice if necessary) and study in your free time, after getting some qualifications yeah, move to the UK, or somewhere else.

Damn, you may be able to come and get them here if you leech from the state. I met another Spaniard here and he is explaining me about it, you can apply for jobseeker allowance and they pay you 72 pounds per week until you work over 15 hours per week. You can also get, on top of that, rent aids that pay most or even all your rent.

You shouldn't be that happy, I mean yeah, it's good at the moment, but imagine the country gets flooded with immigrants asking for government bucks while contributing almost nothing with tax. Yeah, they will do the shit jobs, but maybe your neet bucks won't last as long.
I met my half Ukrainian half Lithuanian bf after coming here, he and his family moved here from Lithuania like 3 years ago and his mother is getting fucking 2000 pounds per month from the state, while earning like 1k herself...

Cucking fucks kill yourselves...

Is that a degree?

It's probably either computer engineering so you can make embedded systems in airplanes and stuff, or big data so you can become a data analyst

You are wasting your time trying for a degree, incurring debts...

I know 2 programmers who are self taught in good jobs, but if you really wanted to be happy and make lots of money you would learn it yourself and write your own software.

Tfw I can relate. But it's still possible user. I will try to word it down.

I'm an anxiety ridden person, tried a lot of different meds, multiple therapies and dropped out of 2 colleges because I got to the point that I was afraid of taking the train to school. Full social collapse, spending my entire day just sitting or gaming, being pointed from 1 therapist to the next, an endless charade. Add some weed and liquor addiction to it and whoops, I'm 24.

At some point you have to tell yourself that you just hate the lazy cunt you've become and accept that. Then comes the hard part. Will you kill yourself? Or do you still want that job, a waifu, a social life? You name it.

Write down that desire, and break it down into parts.

For me, I wanted routine and a new job/career. The easiest path to routine is to force routine do much it makes you barfe.

Start the first week by making your bed when you get up. The next, fix your sleeping schedule. The next lose your addictions.The next start a hobby, wether it's working out, reading or w/e. At some point your routine will create a vacuum of free time. You'll be bored again.

Use that time to pick up programming. Slowly increase your studying time and lessen the gaming.

At some point you'll notice that when you're coming up with "hey, that system could be improved" ideas.

Make it.learn more to make it better.

At this point you'll feel the adrenaline rush that is creating your own this out of your imagination.

When you get good enough, compile it all into a website/USB and go job hunting.

You'll fail alot. But eh. It's still better then hating yourself. You're never to old to kill yourself, but at the same time, never old enough to change yourself.

I started my cs degree at 23 and used retail operations management to pay for it.

He's in the UK, if you even have any student debt you'll have it completely paid off within 2 or 3 years of graduating.

>At some point you'll notice that when you're coming up with "hey, that system could be improved" ideas.Make it.learn more to make it better.At this point you'll feel the adrenaline rush that is creating your own this out of your imagination.When you get good enough, compile it all into a website/USB and go job hunting.You'll fail alot. But eh. It's still better then hating yourself. You're never to old to kill yourself, but at the same time, never old enough to change yourself.

That is the spirit right there, I will add that its best to start with what ever is holding you back and deal with that. Chances are in ops case its simply depression from not taking the initiative to start, always that little voice in their head telling they can't...

I recommend C# its high enough level that is makes doing complex shit a breeze, it is also Fun to learn and by the time your done learning enough it you will find lower variants of C easy to understand and adopt.

I'm 20 too. Are you cute?

I don't look too bad but I'm in love with the best anime girl there is.