Advantages of Mac

What advantages do Mac's have over PC? I understand the advantages of PC over Mac: affordability, better gaming, more customability and less restrictive software. But what do Macs do that PC's cant other than being able to use them to pick up chicks? Everyone always explains how PC is better than Mac please explain to me what Mac has over PC?

Is it 2006?
Macs are personal computers.

OS X is a good operating system if you work in development.
But since you care about gaming and "customization" chances are you're underage/unemployed and need to go back to

It's the goto for programming in every IT job I've been, including the one I'm in now (which is programming)

I heard it's good for photo/video editing, but I don't know

Do you want to game? Get a windows PC.
Don't care about games, have a job, enjoy products with undeniably superior build quality, or want to delve into a very well integrated software ecosystem? Consider buying Apple products.

they don't charge you extra for bitlocker
terminal
build quality

>build quality

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

Are there any laptops as shit as applel laptops?

terminal, I spend all day ssh'd into my linux tower and never notice that I'm on a mac, it's great.

build quality

You can run Windows in a virtual machine inside a Mac but you can't run a Mac inside a Windows machine. Because Steve jobs is a nigger.

This + it's UNIX

Good access to normie closed source software. Significantly less botnet then Win10.

Most companies that let workers have Macs, they aren't as badly locked down as the typical Windows SOE

If something breaks under warranty you can get it replaced at your local store instead having to mail it off to China for a month.

Apple products in general have you covered on whatever problem a system could have, if you dont care about games and being able to manage various things on your system then a Mac is a nice choice for you

Macs are a recommendable choice for programming related jobs and editing since any problem that could come up from system errors or other things are fairly rare on IOS

So with a mac all you have to worry is Your projects, it's rare for a mac to run into some error that affects your project's progress

The build quality is good and attractive, elegant for the public in general and you can get benefits like long term warranty and a long-lasting system

BUT this is the main disadvantage of apple products, most of things are done for you and you can't get out from there, you can get apps from only one place (appstore), if something goes wrong with your system you can only go to one place for propper fixing (and the cost is high) and many consider the cost not to be worth it

>i'm poor, the post
enjoy your viruses and inability to disable cortana

If your a software developer / cs student having a mac is a nice but expensive convenience. Windows is unfortunately a second class system when it comes to developer tools. Linux is the best, but then you have to use Linux.

I have one as my non-work machine. It's pretty durable, I have one from 2012 that is really easy to open up and swap parts out, and OS X is pretty nice for just fucking around.

I bought it used, don't know if I could justify the price new.

>you can get apps from only one place (appstore)

This is absolutely false and nullifies your entire post.

Macs are nice, what is horrible is the fanbase who sports them like a status symbol of superiority as you can see here

>I bought it used, don't know if I could justify the price new.
>he didn't social engineer a 2015 rMBP from Amazon before they started to implement harsher restrictions on refunding because the item "never arrived"

incredibly overpriced for what they are
apple also seems to enjoy keeping their users leashed with verification and accounts

calm down user, sadly i forgot to mention there that in general that's how things are for general public(getting things from the appstore) but i believe you would agree that many things on that post of mine are true, don't go all defensive on it, macs are nice it just depends of what you want, same criteria of choice goes for windows and linux

Give it back Tyrone

Two lines of nothing

>pp-poorfag can't appreciate my superior mac
>i-ii have access to the unix shell but I'll just never use and brag about it on Sup Forums while I watch netflix
neck yourself

Macs are nice, you could say they are expensive but you pay for a really well one system (i still think that what you get doesn't compensate enough for that hefty fee) but apple is really going full bureaucratic these days with their products and users

>enjoy products with undeniably superior build quality
This isn't true if you use panasonic laptops.

easy now, donĀ“t go full retard like calm down

LOL

*Modern applel laptops
Old apple laptops had their share of problems, but they were great.

panasonic legit uses the best materials on briefcase pcs for server managing

Those things cost like $3500 dude

Basically they are "premium" computers, great displays and build quality and the best trackpads.

Battery lite on MacOS is still unprecedented too

not really, and if you work at a server farm you'll see how little that really is for the convinience it gives

Once you go Toughbook, you never go back.
Pros:
>Snazzy handle
>Touchscreen
>Huge range of customization options
>Silly amounts of battery life
>Dirt cheap secondhand
>Unbreakable
>Easy to service
>Unique
>Practical
Buy used. I saw a pallet of 120 CF-30s for 15k, which comes out to 125 per laptop. I got a 2 year old CF-53 with 8 gigs of ram and an i5 for 325 dollars.

Can confirm best for photo and video editing and processing

School shooter tier laptops

You could NOT be less cool

DAE group policy? Windows 10 is Botnet as fuck but converting to education, set group policy and block a lot of IPs you can make it sane. I use it for games only though.

Mac's are fine. They're premium products, like exotic cars. OSX is very stable and functional. Battery life is amazing on MacBook models due to each model having specialized settings. Lots of features you miss in Windows are there in OSX, because it is faux-BSD-like, with a fully functional terminal.

But they can never really take the world over. Windows is king for scalable workstation environments, and big data servers will run Linux now and forever.

Ho hum.

Macs have great hardware integration and Apple ecosystem support is better than windows could ever hope to offer. Also, their touchpads were good before they turned them into 3d force feedback shit

>Source: Panasonic

they're not for school faggot. They're for server managing, apple shill. p.s not to sound edgy but if it doesn't look cool but it works I wont give a single fuck

can confirm photoshop and after effects will work just the same regardless of osx vs windows

I'd like to know how many cycles it has
guarantee it's not even half of what Apple offers

Using macs just feels good. I came from a shitty dell running Windows 8 and it was horrible in all ways and slow as fuck. I made the decision to buy a macbook and never looked back.

It's smooth, fast, has basically no flaws, and does everything I need it to and more. I had problems with windows every day. I go days or weeks without getting annoyed using os x. The bonet extravaganza that is windows 10 makes me even more glad I made that decision.

Why can't you just face that this is better for a different purpose, christ you apple shils are loyal

botnet

>1024x768 screen
>8lbs

Ayy lmao

Get this shit out of here

>implying OSX doesn't have botnet
>laughingwhores.jpg
Did you pull that insult from your ass or from your mouth? I can't tell which one spews less shit than the other.So what if it's not "retina"? It's not for gaming or video editing, ITS FOR SERVER MANAGING

That's what the CF-53 and 54 are for.

>ITS FOR SERVER MANAGING

No one cares about this nonsense.

Keep in mind, it's a touchscreen that can be read perfectly clearly in direct sunlight.
I see them more in industry and in police cars than for server management. The tablets are pretty common in utilities/public services jobs too.

>no one cares about servers
Ok, it's time to leave iRajeet

i can confirm this too, i have a macbook i don't use right here, i don't use it because i don't like that enclosed ecosystem thing and how mac handles tons of stuff windows doesn't, i prefer to have more control over it and to select how my shit works (not all enclosed) but that i'm not using it doesn't mean it's useless, it's actually very neat just not for me

>tfw no more Snow Leopard
>tfw no more Powerbook 12"

One legitimate advantage is how all the repairs are well documented for all modern Apple devices. I really enjoy opening them up and appreciating the build quality from the inside during a repair.

Too bad they are going backwards on the repairability of their devices.

Older macs are usually a pleasure to work on, save for imacs. Replacing the hard drive on an imac g3 involves disassembling most of the case and dismounting both drive. Mac Mini G4s are a major pain too.
I have a few powerbook G3s and a powerbook 520. Apple has really gone downhill since then.

, user here. It's nice to see someone likes toughbooks here too, these iRajeshes can't comprehend the flexibility of having one of those bulky laptops

The flexibility of being able to throw your laptop on the floor

The dream we all have

>Not wanting a laptop that can survive pretty much anything
My CF-30 has survived:
>Extreme cold
>Being left outdoors for a few hours in sub zero temperatures
>A car crash
>Being stepped on
>A propane torch (Intentional)
>Getting washed in the sink (Intentional)
>Multiple drops
>Dirt
I'm not even the first owner, and it still runs fine.
My CF-53 has been washed a few times, but nothing major. Whoever owned it last managed to put a small dent in the bottom corner somehow.

this user gets it
This faggot only uses macbooks with 2 inch layers of rubber in case it falls from its pedestal at his house.

they can support a fall and other impacts because they are light and that aluminium cast is no joke BUT they can be as fragile as snowflake with little tension feedback, a known problem in computer repair is that any macs end up death by being folded (if someone sits on them, something in the bag pushes against them, you know, common occurences) also batteries, god the batteries, they can get so badly they pop the touchpad right off

I managed to fold my imac stand. Good thing I don't need to remove it in the forseeable future.

t. Regularly drops electronics

t. Someone who never has accidents and doesn't have shit luck

teh fuck is "t."

t. is "regards" in finnish

>Unix OS
>terminal
>trackpad
>nice display
>good applications for photo/video editing
>good for computer programming

It's pretty fucking great.

>muh customizability
the meme spouted by noobs who don't know about the mac equivalent of the registry

>customizability
I still haven't gotten a straight answer for what exactly this is.

it seems to be a catchall answer that requires no explanation as to what exactly they're "customizing"

I'll take $2000 cheaper and better everything over "possibly dropping my laptop"

/thread

why is mac better?
>macOS
>muh unix
>muh terminal
>muh photography
>can compile every language needed for study and job
>muh magic mouse, trackpad and laptop keyboard
although I fucking hate the keyboard with iMac
>muh iWork apps now free :^DDDD

Buy used.

>OSX
>Unix
>Kernel is literally called "X Is Not Unix" (XNU)

>took iRajesh 9 minutes to go to the Genius bar and get advice on comebacks
Toughbooks aren't even 1K+ in burger dollars IIRC

I'll take the same price and better everything over "possibly dropping my laptop"

actually, it's not Unix OS but a messed up mesh of different systems, it even has stuff from as back as NXT it's quite interesting how it works smoothly with all the mess, although i believe apple was working on changing all into pure Swift if i remember?

cuck

>using the same argument more than once
Give it up rajesh, the mac won't do what the toughbook can

>for what they are
what they are, is a very good computer, with a GOAT OS, GOAT customer support, and goat screen/touchables

the "muh hardware is inferior on mac" meme is only because yeah, it's not the top of the line latest retard magnet that's been released, but there is no denying that the hardware is objectively good, and when combined with OS that has been optimized for this particular configuration, you will be very hard pressed to do any better.

basically, a mac is as powerful and performant as a PC with twice the specs. and if you want to build a pc with twice the specs of a mac, you will spend more money.

15" rMBP is the best value laptop on the market.

ackshually, it's BSD, if BSD were developed by a multi-billion dollar software company with a software development team the size of the entire open source community. the only difference is all of the developer at apple have a college education.

Real shame my MacBook with better specs in literally every department can't be thrown onto the floor when Mom brings me the wrong order from McDonald's

i think it's more about management options and file structuring and administration+ open source stuff, i don't see such a great advantage from it though, i'm a pc user but i know that you can enter the IOS registry easily and you can customize tons of stuff with just some extra steps more, hackintosh even exists no? i'm already tired of the "who's better " wars why cant people shut up and understand all systems have pros and cons? it's like the bits, bose, senheizer and others battle, it's useless

It has many advantages if you want to do some software development on it. It gives you a modern, reliable and sane desktop environment while also providing a real UNIX environment on the command line. Not to mention the build quality which you can only get in similarly priced (meaning overpriced) non-Mac laptops.

You can get things like iterm+tmux which beats anything in Windows by a light year.

Of course if Linux on laptops is actually good it would not be necessary but that's just not the world. Battery life for example will be absolute shit.

We've been over this user, you don't buy toughbooks for specs

...what?

>XNU is NOT Unix

>more about management options and file structuring and administration+ open source stuff,

???

There are some higher spec'd models. I have a CF-53 that handles inventor perfectly fine.

>using a mac
speaking of cucks......

have you even read anything about the history of OSX?

yes...that's why i talked about it

>more about management options and file structuring and administration+ open source stuff, i don't see such a great advantage from it though, i'm a pc user but i know that you can enter the IOS registry easily and you can customize tons of stuff with just some extra steps more, hackintosh even exists no?
you managed to say a bunch of stuff there without really saying anything

seriously, way to avoid naming a single specific feature when asked point blank, that's impressive question dodging

new mbp when

Send to me? I'll give it a good home

>More customability [sic]
>Less restrictive software
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the "i think" you forgot to put in that greentext has a meaning, pal, i don't really know what people mean with more customability because i really don't care what system you choose, if it works for you GREAT

Now, another thing that i'm not pulling out of my ass that is true is that physically PCs are more customizable regarding what components it has BUT many precautions and disadvantages come with that freedom too, macs in the other hand have a few builts of parts that aren't "the best" yeaahh but they work with no troubles for the system

too late, family member will use it for work so it's in good hands

>family member
>good hands
2 3 4

>physically PCs are more customizable regarding what components
this is generally true, unless we're talking about laptops, in which case you're pretty much stuck with what you get nomatter who you're buying from

then again, if I need to do any real heavy lifting, I just ssh into my home server

what? many laptops are very customizable (or well, ram, cpu and sometimes gpu wise) that is with the pieces you can get from the generation of hardware you laptop belong to, once i changed almost all but the mofo from an acer aspire with the pieces of a death persefone