Would not paying for electricity make an ASIC miner automatically profitable...

would not paying for electricity make an ASIC miner automatically profitable? I was thinking of buying some s7 antminers. I live in europe, if that makes a difference.

If you did not pay for electricity or the machine, then yes.

I would be paying for the hardware, yes

>USB power
>Thus max of 5v @ 2.4A
>12w

>massive fans

Then why are you stupid?

seriously dude?

yeah, seems pretty daft, but it popped up on google

I'm asking for a reason

In the same way that picking pennies up off the street is profitable, yes.

Buttcoins are dead, give it up already.

you can only get bitcoins by already having them, these days

You can still mine them, it is just not very profitable anymore. Anyone still mining them is banking on the chance that the price will go up in the futurre

It depends on how "free" your free power is. If your in a college dorm room as an example, sure the power is free but what is the size of the breaker the room is on? I am not familiar with Europe but let's just say 20 AMP. So a S7 uses about 1300 Watts, so with 2 you are pushing the limits of tripping that breaker. You also won't be able to use your own PC while both are running. This is something you have to look into.

it's a complete waste of time and resources to mine them now

hardware is advancing too quickly for any current investment to be worth it, and the supply keeps halving

Bitcoin mining is highly professionalized. Your talking about farms that spent $20-30 million on their building, setup, and miners from the get-go. These huge farms have pushed the difficulty so high, and the profit margins so small that unless you invest big money (see above) the profits gained from a few miners in your home is like picking pennies up off the street.

thanks, I'll look elsewhere then. it's a shame mining is no longer worth doing for random users.

Collect discarded cans instead

You clearly know nothing.

>2016
>paying for electricity

>shitcoin mining
>with 2016's hash difficulty
Post more memes

at least their price would be more stable

>Your talking about farms that spent $20-30 million
Kek
30 million dumped into a meme

Stop ripping off your mother asshole