1. USB Type C is an open standard

1. USB Type C is an open standard.
2. USB Type C is can be used to transmit audio.
3. USB Type C is more robust than 3.5 mm.
4. USB Type C can be used for more than audio (video, power, internet, data)
5. You can charge and listen to music through speakers or with a Bluetooth headset.
6. There are USB type C hubs.
6. You guys are fucking retarded. I remember these same discussions about virtually any outdated media and port in the past.

The future is here, embrace it or get the fuck out of this tech enthusiast board.

And no I'm not an Applefag, I just want more thin phones and not 1000 different one purpose cable for my computer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/RobertMurraySmith
youtu.be/O3pZcMCwxvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

apple doesn't use usb c on their iphones

USB-C is nice and convenient. Having to use a hub just to connect two common peripherals at the same time is stupid. Bluetooth is still shit.

And the iPhone 7 will almost certainly use Lightning, so I don't understand the point of this post.

A 3.5mm headphone jack is significantly cheaper than a USB-C port, MUX and DSP with both USB phy and an audio DAC.

Fuck your thin phones, but yes, I'd want USB Type C too, what you didn't aknowledge is that it has higher transfer rate than 2.0

But what if I want to charge my phone and listen to music at the same time, without bluetooth?

>more thin phones
Why? So that we can have even shittier battery life?

Also "b-but it's new, INOVASHUN" isn't an argument, why would we remove the 3.5mm jack when nearly every consumer owns 3.5mm audio gear? Doing this and forcing everyone to buy retarded adapters or buy new audio gear for no good reason is illogical.

>tech enthusiast
>wants thin phones

New tech is trashier every year.
They want you break you phones more easily and buy phones more frequently.
They support shit programming, so if you want more features you'll have to buy their easily breaking phones.
You can have an old RCA TV and I swear, your LED panel will be broken earlier, but an old TV will outlive your grandchildren.

Thin phones are a meme and the only thing you should be wishing now is more battery or sudden appearance of thin, high capacity, graphene batteries. Type C is sure cool but in my personal case the only thing that will happen is that I'll buy a USB pass through/3,5mm adapter so I could use my preferred set of headphones and charge at the same time like I do every night. I imagine, eventually, all manufacturers will embrace USB headphones or will provide adapters to 3,5mm but in the foreseeable future, that will not happen and you will either be forced to use clunky adapters or use overpriced niche headphones.
>I refuse to consider Bluetooth as a viable option because of sound quality reduction/connection being unreliable.

>And no I'm not an Applefag
Doesn't matter, I hate Apple and USB C IS the future.

Though I would've called it USB Mini-C or something because while it's robust we kinda need a bigger even stronger cable for desktops and other devices.

The biggest step would be to make it stream-able, like Firewire.
Then it'd finally be a replacement cable for audio and video.

>we need a bigger stronger cable for desktops

Data doesnt need thick guaged wires grandpa. Usb C is not meant to power desktops either. The size of the actually plug and port mean nothing either for bandwidth. You just want it bigger because you are one of those americans that think bigger means better.

>You can charge and listen to music through speakers or with a Bluetooth headset.

That's a no-go solution right there, buddy. It's inefficient and stupid - "I'm gonna charge my phone while draining the battery on my Bluetooth headset which I can't really use while charging because that just means I'd have to attach the charging cable to them which defeats the fucking purpose of them being wireless."

No thanks, fuckhead, I'll stick with wired headphones and a 1/8" headphone jack forever.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

>I'd want USB Type C too
>it has higher transfer rate than 2.0
The former has nothing to do with the latter. You can use USB 2.0 with Type C, as some Chinese tablet manufacturers do. And you can use USB 3.1 with Type B.

>illogical
No it isn't. We have to keep global economy rolling, so we need to introduce new products that people will buy. We need to force them to buy it if they don't want it. This is how the world works, user.

>graphene batteries
Based Robert Murray-Smith is working on it.

youtube.com/user/RobertMurraySmith

I didn't mean it as a way to push more voltage or amps, but a bigger connector tip.

Obviously just a rough example.

But I keep hearing people messing up their phone cables all the time.
So it's mostly for desktop usage such as webcams, mouse, keyboard, USB hubs, RS232 adapters etc.

>all manufacturers will embrace USB headphones
There will be 2 standards then, with quite possibly more to come (Lightning and USB Type C). People will have to live with adapters from now on.

Great, so we'd have to use another adapter for ""mini type c""" to this """sightly bigger for no reason whatsoever type c"""

kys

Apple will eventually go usb c considering thats the only port on new model mac laptops.

Sooner or later tech is gonna be so efficient and everything will be on 1 device that people will stop needing anuthing but 1 device and only change it every few years.

But what if I want to charge my phone and listen to music at the same time, without 3.5mm?

Anyone can make these shitty demands.

I don't want USB-C for charging my phone, thanks.

wow, that's what I call bait

I can buy a PCI-e card that supports Type C. Should I?

You can get an accessory that will do exactly that.

Or better yet, high end devices will come with 2 Type C ports so you won't have to use shitty adapters. Only poorfags will have to use them. You're not poor, are you?

He's talking about the new macbooks that use usb c only m8

And that's the worst thing they ever did.

No it's not, was it the worst thing manufacturers ever did when they switched over to hdmi/displayport? You're a fucking retard.

Problem is the single port.

>he thinks the goys will ever allow this to happen
if that were going to happen it would've happened years ago.
now they're just milking shit while breaking old shit with firmware updates or other ridiculous shit.

Laptops should never come with more than 1 type c port

>No it's not
Yes, it was. Not having MagSafe is takes the MacBook back to the stone age.

>I just want more thin phones
stop sucking dicks

holy shit, you're such a queer

>muh jews need to get shekels
top kek

That would result into more thicknesses

Literally the only problem I have with USB-C is the cable quality

If you've ever dealt with Micro USB then you know how shitty it is - as long as it isn't a repeat of that then I'd gladly welcome a universal cable.

not on top of each other you neanderthal, next to each other.

make a phone with TWO usb c ports and we'll talk
otherwise, fuck off

> Universial Serial Bus C
> Isn't universial

>1. USB Type C is an open standard.
Literally kill yourself.

>2. USB Type C is can be used to transmit audio.
All USB can be used to transmit audio. See response to point 1.

>3. USB Type C is more robust than 3.5 mm.
Unproven and unlikely.

>4. USB Type C can be used for more than audio (video, power, internet, data)
> it's great to have to choose between charging your device and connecting peripherals
Please kill yourself.

>5. You can charge and listen to music through speakers or with a Bluetooth headset.
Or I could use a 3.5mm audio jack like people who are not enormous faggots that enjoy recharging all their BT horse dildos every night.

>6. There are USB type C hubs.
WELL THAT CHANGES EVERYTHoh wait, no it doesn't.

>6. You guys are fucking retarded.
At least we can count to 7.

And you call us fags?

You do know (Using fucking logic something you didn't even try to use) thinner phones have worse battery life ,have worse performing chips since they have to keep themselves cool, and finally are so more easy to break that bulky ones.

Opinion discarded

Nigger you just proved his point

people advocating for the removal of the 3.5 mm jack are idiots and should be banned from the industry.

>At least we can count to 7.

Apparently 7 is too thick for OP.

>At least we can count to 7.

kek laughed harder than i should've

want to ear a nice joke:
youtu.be/O3pZcMCwxvo

>There are a few nice advantages to swapping out the old 3.5mm standard, including lossless digital sound
>including lossless digital sound
>lossless digital sound
>digital sound

It's actually a good thing, because it would maybe urge peripheral manufacturers to use USB C.

you're a fucking disgrace

USB supports analog audio retard.

>phones
When will this fad ever fucking die? Seriously, this technologically backwards pile of shit with a terrible input method, horrible interface, outdated backwards OS, and tons of spyware and tracking shit to rape your privacy should be fucking banned from society or at the very least laughed at by anyone with any goddamn common sense and intelligence.

Fuck anyone that continues to support this regression of technology and screw us over.

That's why you take the most popular standard and make that one the standard

Samefag. Sick arguments friend, kill you're self lmao xDD

I'm implying his demand is shit.

But what if I want to fuel and drive my car at the same time? xD

I would if I could.

And since I can do that with a phone, I'll keep doing it.

what if thnere were 2 usbC ports.

One on the top left and one on the bottom middle. Either can be sued for power delivery or audio out.

Problem solved.

>samefag

99.999 pure bait.

This is actually really well done. The casual nature of the comment... Mwah! Bravo!

There's only one model that does that

best thing is, thunderbolt 3 uses usb type-c port. the world finally settles in some high-end port standard.

you should really leave the basement more :^)

>You can use USB 2.0 with Type C, as some Chinese tablet manufacturers do.
Plus all flagship phones from all manufacturers.

>And you can use USB 3.1 with Type B.
No you can't. You need the separate Type-B superspeed connector.

>3. USB Type C is more robust than 3.5 mm.
fuck no

I have an USB Type C smartphone. I'm getting the Zenbook3 with USB type C port only.

Only thing that is left is a Kindle with USB Type C and a router so I can finally ditch all non-USB Type C cables.

Living in the future feels good.

Nobody is against USB type C. The only fuss was about apple only implementing one port in its Shitbook.

Nokia and Jolla were the first to start the USB C hype train.

>plug in device for charging
>have to stop listening to music or spend money on an expensive or fuck ugly Bluetooth headset or a 60 dollar proprietary adapter

>people pretending to listen and charge a phone at the same time

It would be great, because it opens many more use cases. But so far, it doesn't look like it's happening.

i do that literally everyday, i also make calls while my phone is charging using a pair of headphones

Very common car scenario, friend. Charger plus aux cable.

>proprietary adapter
>for an open standard
I hope ur mum fucks dogs for a living.

People used to go outside and have full and productive lives before this cancerous technology existed. Now everyone shuffles around staring at their shitphones all day and they are being tracked and their privacy taken away.

THIS IS A CANCEROUS TECHNOLOGY THAT MUST DIE.

ok snowden
>implying people can't go without using their phones for a few hours

phones are already too thin

Apparently when they were designing USB-C, they realised how shit Micro-B was after you used it 10 times and built it so it can actually be used with phones

Micro-B was "released" in 2007, so only just as the modern day smartphone was taking off

No point in doing it now

>proprietary
I don't think you understand what that means

my phone is thinner than my wallet
my phone is thinner than my keysmart (and vastly thinner than before it was a bunch of keys)
my phone is thinner than my leatherman

it's already the thinnest item I carry
stop it already

just bring cheap egpu box shits kurwa

>Plus all flagship phones from all manufacturers.
Really? Is the new Note 7 only USB 2.0@Type C?

I can't remember ever wanting to be anchored to a wall outlet in order to keep listening to music while I charge my phone. That seems bizarre to me.

>you're lying in bed at night, listening to some music or podcast
>you're inbetween uni classes and you charge your phone while listening to music because only """african american gentlemen""" listen to it on speakers
>you want to listen to music while on the exercise bike and also low on battery so why not charge it at the same time
possibilities are endless

Yeah and this would all in all use the same space as leaving the 3.5mm in it.

>implying the problem with the 3.5 jack is the space it occupies

Destroyed.

Underrated.

>All USB can be used to transmit audio. See response to point 1.

USB-C specifically has pins reserved that can be used for analog audio transmission.

Other USB connectors don't.

. USB Type C can be used for more than audio (video, power, internet, data)
>> it's great to have to choose between charging your device and connecting peripherals
>Please kill yourself.

A phone can charge through USB-C while transmitting audio or connecting to a peripheral. You just need a splitter cable or a hub.

USB doesn't support analog signals, what you have in your picture is an audio jack USB adaptation used by devices like the iPod Shuffle to transmit data and make and save space by adding another USB port

I thought thats the point of getting rid of it.

That's what they want you to believe.

>You just need a splitter cable or a hub
K Y S
Y
S

I don't know why but USB 2.0 remains as the comfiest storage transfer medium
Drivers work much better, especially for audio
Technology is dirt cheap
Speeds decent for smaller files
Feel like USB C is going to be a fad

Who's transferring much data per cable anyway? WiFi transferring will always be faster.

>destroyed
Literally not a single actual argument, muh kill yourself and muh faggot.

The 3.5mm jack is thicker and longer than a USB-C port, so no, it wouldn't.

Die.

>USB doesn't support analog signals
but that's wrong