"Notify to restart computer for updates" has been removed from Windows 10 Anniversary Update

>"Notify to restart computer for updates" has been removed from Windows 10 Anniversary Update

how do i prevent Windows 10 from automatically restart my computer when updates need to be installed?

gentoo

you install a different os.
for example

You set your active hours and if you aren't using your computer during the off hours, it'll restart automatically.

If you are using it though, it will confirm that you are. It even says that under the active hours setting:
>Note: We'll check to see if you're using this device before attempting to restart

Set it to only download & install updates when you tell it to through group policy, that way it will never update (and then restart) unless you click the Download button.

Why do you people put up with this shit, lmao

Because they can't figure out how to change 1 or 2 Group Policy settings apparently and rather than spending 5-10 minutes to figure out how to configure their system they prefer to bitch on the internet.

I deactivated windows update in the windows service manager. Problem solved.

You should not have to search in the fucking Group Policy editor to do something as basic as not automatically restarting after updates, cuck. Even Linux is more user-friendly now.

>tfw set connection as metered to stop the anniversary update

I get that you have the ability to turn it off, but not by default and not very easily. Forced updates always seem sketchy and it's definitely true in the case of Windows 10.

>requires less than a dozen clicks
>not easily

>mfw windows was doin perfect lately
>mfw they want me to upgrade
>mfw I disable every possible way of upgrading
Better safe than worry

>windows 10
LOL

The group policy editor is not available in the home version.

Set connection to metered and turn on quiet hours forever.

sc config wuauserv start= disabled

>Windows 10

>how do i prevent Windows 10 from automatically restart my computer when updates need to be installed?
And I thought PackageKit was bad...

By literally not using Windows 10.

just use group policy