Mfw Sup Forums shits on Macs

>Mfw Sup Forums shits on Macs
If you werent a basement dwelling neckbeard who jacks off to cartoon girls, you wouldnt be making fun of Macs, Sup Forums.

A Mac is like a symbol of wealth and self sufficiency in normal society, its like having a nice car or your own house. I always see Sup Forumsentoomen trash Macs because they blow their money on childish gaming computers, with the logic always being "yeah but I get better price/performance!". Does a Honda Accord you tricked out with hydraulics and nigger rims get better price/performance than a Mercedes Benz, probably, but youre still a fucking nigger.

Of course, having lived in your basement for 15 years you wouldnt understand that certain posessions have meaning in society. And thats why youll never understand Macs.

I use a Mac for different reasons but this is just retarded.

I'm currently working on a plan to get a free macbook pro.

>A Mac is like a symbol of wealth and self sufficiency in normal society, its like having a nice car or your own house.

Literally buyer's remorse: the thread

I use a mac because I have to build for iOS. I wish I didn't have to.

You don't need to buy a fucking product to prove that you're self-sufficient.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

Are there any laptops as shit as applel laptops?

Y-you do know you can rent servers that run Mac OS, right, user?
Right?

> A Mac is like a symbol of wealth and self sufficiency in normal society
Only poor people fap to "symbols". Rich and complete people use whatever they like or need.
> better price/performance than a Mercedes Benz
You see, a Mercedes car actually have something to offer for its price. OS X/Mac have nothing, if you aren't a designer/iOS programmer.

>you wouldnt be making fun of Macs
I don't, but you alone are reason enough to start.

>A Mac is like a symbol of wealth and self sufficiency in normal society
Except it's not. Of all the people I know making 6 and 7 figure incomes, myself included, only one or two use Mac's, and not by choice.

> a symbol of wealth
Land ownership is a symbol of wealth. Rare cars are a symbol of wealth. Expensive electronics are a symbol of trying hard.

You dont buy a Mac to prove you're wealthy, you buy one because you are wealthy. Which is why autistic virgins who havent been outside of their own basement cant understand the value in one.

You could buy one anyway, I see mongrels from backwards shitholes in the Middle East do it all the time because they think itll put them on the same level as us, but you can tell theyre still smelly, hairy monkeys trying to use alien technology.

So really, get a job, get /fit/, get a girlfriend, get an aparment, and you get a Mac to compliment that lifestyle.

Unless you're talking about Mac Pros, most of these anons with gaming rigs are also getting better absolute performance than your choice of Macs. And when it comes to Mac Pros... you can certainly build an equivalent computer for cheaper.

That said, my personal problem with Macs isn't the price, but the shoddy build quality. My own Macbook Pro turned into a fucking brick after two years, and it failed in multiple ways. The hard disk controller had failed, so it would need a new motherboard to fix the damn thing, rather than simply changing out a hard drive or a bad stick of RAM. Beyond that, it actually became dented in a few areas because as it turns out, aluminum is a shitty building material. I also had problems in using the damn thing because the DVD drive became incapable of reading or writing to disks after burning just a few DVDs. And despite the machine actually having still having fans (I have heard later Macbooks have done away with these), it was not uncommon for the machine to reach CPU temperatures of 96 degrees celsius, turning the entire laptop into a hot plate.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

Are there any laptops as shit as applel laptops?

You need to have an iOS device attached to build, also building the binary then downloading it every time I want to test doesn't sound much fun.

>self sufficiency
Stopped right there

thank you pajeet, .03 rupees have been deposited into your Apple(TM) account. to withdraw these funds, just say into your microphone, "it just works!" followed by your iCloud(TM) account name and PIN number

>A Mac is like a symbol of wealth and self sufficiency in normal society, its like having a nice car or your own house.

yes but i can also have a house that i can modify and change to my liking because not everything is welded onto the floor. and i can also have a car that, say like a tesla vs a japanese rice car, tesla has very little if any parts on the market to modify it to make it better, yet in japan they're adding all types of cool performance enhancing and aesthetic mods to not only make it look cool, but work better than stock.

so pc > mac

97% of India uses Android

You guys all realize that the CEO of apple is literally a faggot right? Apple has now become a symbol of homosexuality (ie mental illness) not wealth.

Unless it has something exclusive, there's still no real reason to get a Mac.

>implying most if not all faggots are rich
how else would you support that type of lifestyle?
Poor faggots dont exist because they get beheaded

I own my house and have zero Macs.
Yet my house costs several "top of the line" Macs.
You don't make sense OP.

All Macfags I know don't even own a car.

same here. I think about qutting my job since I first had to develope this fucked up app for ios.

They can't even afford a cheap car cause they spend the price of one on a stupid computer.

macs aren't expensive in the first place
sure, they are twice as expensive as a better computer, but macfags rarely plop up more than $2000 for those, which isn't an unusual price for real computers

but people who buy macs are obviously terrible at managing their finances
so they must have 20% interest loans and spend $1000/mo on starbucks

Dunno what the developer market is like for your area, but here in silicon valley that wouldn't be smart. Here iOS devs are in short supply despite high demand, and at least half (probably more) of the open iOS positions call for more/broader/deeper experience than most folks with iOS experience have. If you have any appreciable level of iOS experience and aren't an idiot, you have a very well paid job hereā€¦ I've heard of fellow contractors in the field making upward of $200k/year which is insane, even adjusting for the crazy cost of living.

I'm curious to dip my toe into other fields (back end dev in Go and Elixir/Erlang interests me in particular) but there's no way in hell I'm letting my iOS skills lapse with the sort of pay and job security it gives me.

Dude go away.