>the Polaris RX460 is slower that the 270x/370x/HD7870

videocardz.com/63033/gigabyte-radeon-rx-460-windforce-2x-performance-leaked

Oh dear...

Other urls found in this thread:

purepc.pl/karty_graficzne/test_asus_radeon_rx_470_strix_gaming_chlodny_i_cichy_polaris?page=0,4
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NNTjjRsp9YAJ:www.purepc.pl/karty_graficzne/test_asus_radeon_rx_470_strix_gaming_chlodny_i_cichy_polaris?page=0,4
amd.com/Documents/GCN_Architecture_whitepaper.pdf
anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/4
techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/24.html
computerbase.de/2016-06/radeon-rx-480-test/5/#abschnitt_benchmarks_in_1920__1080_und_2560__1440
guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-r9-rx-480-8gb-review,1.html
anandtech.com/show/9886/amd-reveals-polaris-gpu-architecture
amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/media/2013/07/AMD_Southern_Islands_Instruction_Set_Architecture1.pdf
amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/media/2013/07/AMD_Sea_Islands_Instruction_Set_Architecture1.pdf
amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/media/2013/07/AMD_GCN3_Instruction_Set_Architecture.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_per_cycle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they're fake, here's the source.

purepc.pl/karty_graficzne/test_asus_radeon_rx_470_strix_gaming_chlodny_i_cichy_polaris?page=0,4

It was supposed to have GTX 950 perf, looks more like 750 ti. Polaris 11 is targeted for mobile devices

>We have a copy of all charts that were made public, before they were taken down
They are not fake, they were taken down. You can still see the charts if you search your URL in google and look at cached page.

oh...

Where is the RX460 in your link?????????????

How much will it cost?

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NNTjjRsp9YAJ:www.purepc.pl/karty_graficzne/test_asus_radeon_rx_470_strix_gaming_chlodny_i_cichy_polaris?page=0,4

>x60
>slower than x70

Makes perfect sense

>new generation
>new gpu process
>new architecture
>new api
>not a big improvement like pascal over maxwell
>it's okay when it's AMD

A M D
M
D

Oh golly, who would've thought that 896 GCN-Units with 16ROPs on a 128-bit bus wouldn't perform that great!

Would be pretty disappointing if it couldn't beat a 750Ti though, as that will mean literally zero improvement over Bonaire.

>not a big improvement like pascal over maxwell

And here we have the spillover, Pascal is pretty much just a shrink of Maxwell as well. Their process just sucks less. As in, higher clock speeds.

It's a $100 slot-powered card, you cuck. People seem to be expecting the moon on a stick just because of the die shrink from both AMD and Nvidia.

>Wahh, the 1070 only matches a 980 Ti for $150 less!
>Wahh, the 480 only matches a 390X for $150 less!
>Wahh, the 460 doesn't perform like a Titan X whilst consuming

>Pascal is pretty much just a shrink of Maxwell as well. Their process just sucks less. As in, higher clock speeds.
This isn't even true, the higher clock speeds come from Pascal and Maxwell being way longer pipeline architectures.
Slower per clock but way higher clocks to make up for it.

>Would be pretty disappointing if it couldn't beat a 750Ti though, as that will mean literally zero improvement over Bonaire.

there isn't any improvement. GCN's pipeline hasn't changed since 1.0.

>>Wahh, the 1070 only matches a 980 Ti for $150 less!

the 1070 is ~10% faster than a 980ti

>>Wahh, the 480 only matches a 390X for $150 less!

the 480 is no where near the 390x, the 480 is slower than a ref 970

>>Wahh, the 460 doesn't perform like a Titan X whilst consuming

>CF 470/480s are still worse or same as 1 gtx 1070 and costs more.

Better to buy a single card desu.

rx480 is 350€
and 1060 is 370€

you lucky mericans

it is a big improvement you stupid shill

>the 480 is slower than a ref 970
opinion disregarded

>This isn't even true
Nice denial nvidiot, pascal is a node shrinked maxwell with software async

>buying a GPU now when you can wait 18 months for significantly better stuff

And if you wait another 18 months you would get even better stuff.
The wait never ends user

>350€
Jesus user where do you live?
Even in my shithole of a country you can find them for 8gb for 290€.

neo Sup Forums fuck off

motherfuckers hopefully will drop the kikery now

Whats your point? Of course the next gen of gpus is going to be better,no fucking shit,some people just want to play/work now.

Croatia

there is no way in hell that rx 480 is slower than gtx750ti

FYI, gtx750ti was already slower than gtx650ti boost

here is no way in hell that rx 460 I mean obviously

its a fake graph

jebi ga brate haha,ovdje u bosni mozes ih za 280€ naci,da mozda probas naruciti iz evrope? cak i sa porezom i carinom jeftinije ce ti ispasti.

it's legit. poolaris has the same perf/watt as maxwell and the 460 is a bus powered card just like the 750ti.

if the 460 runs dota, CSGO, league and overwatch at 1080p60 then it's perfect

it's 3 years too late. 750ti already stole all those sales.

>480RX Sapphire behind 970 in many AAA titles

Nothing screams quality like a shitty AMD card that falls behind 2 years old gimped card which costs 50 quid less in UK.

Polaris 11 competes against the GTX 950 at 50w. Everything else is bullshit.

>I have no idea what a pipeline is

>Polaris 11 competes against the GTX 950 at 50w. Everything else is bullshit.

it doesn't.

>>I have no idea what a pipeline is

read the whitepaper kiddo, you might learn something

amd.com/Documents/GCN_Architecture_whitepaper.pdf

You don't know what you're talking about:
anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/4

There have been several changes with every GCN iteration, they generally just weren't major. I was also hoping for a clock speed increase at least, but they're not even going for that. What a fucking disappointment. I'm pretty sure 75W power limit would've worked with the full die.

>the 480 is no where near the 390x, the 480 is slower than a ref 970

No it's not. You're retarded.

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/24.html
computerbase.de/2016-06/radeon-rx-480-test/5/#abschnitt_benchmarks_in_1920__1080_und_2560__1440
guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-r9-rx-480-8gb-review,1.html

>Inb4 HURR DURR THE 970 BEATS IT IN [CHERRY PICK]
>Inb4 HURR DURR THEY ARE SIMILAR THAT'S ALMOST SLOWER

P D V
D
V

It matter of factly does compete against the GTX 950 at 50w.
anandtech.com/show/9886/amd-reveals-polaris-gpu-architecture

And yet again you prove you have literally no idea what a pipeline is. The length of the pipeline has remained 8 stages. The pipeline is not the architecture, it is part of the architecture.

Tech illiterate underage retards really shouldn't post here.
amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/media/2013/07/AMD_Southern_Islands_Instruction_Set_Architecture1.pdf
amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/media/2013/07/AMD_Sea_Islands_Instruction_Set_Architecture1.pdf
amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/media/2013/07/AMD_GCN3_Instruction_Set_Architecture.pdf

Each iteration in the GCN family is distinctly different. Different hardware features, instruction set support, PowerTune IP, etc.

>No it's not. You're retarded.

is this some retarded attempt at being deceitful? the 480s in those reviews were at factory OC clocks (amd calls this 'boost' contrary to how nvidia's system works) whilst the reference 970s they compare them to are the unsold reference model that artificially limits clock speed.

adding new instructions =/= improving the architecture

all AMD has changed since GCN 1 have been ancillary things like the builtin video decoder/encoder ASICs and some ASICs that accelerate certain operations (like the discard accelerator in poolaris).

computationally nothing has changed, all AMD has done is make larger dies, and with poolaris they were just able to pack more CUs into a smaller die for better performance. per-core throughput has stayed entirely the same which is a massive failure compared what their competitor have accomplished.

You're responding to a post which empirically proves you wrong, and you're still talking out of your ass.
Outstanding shitpost, child.

Polaris 10/Ellesmere is only 36CU, 32 ROPs. Thats just 4 more CU than the Tahiti ASIC used in the Radeon 7970. ITs 8 less CU than whats used in the R9 290X.
Clock per clock Ellesmere is monstrously more powerful than Tahiti, and still outperforms Hawaii on average despite having half the ROPs. That is entirely due to architectural advancements improving IPC generation over generation.

I'm on a 7850 currently. Looking to upgrade around the £200 price mark.

I'm a bit out of the loop - did the 480 turn out to be "the" budget/mainstream card of choice? Should I just go for that?

>unsold reference model that artificially limits clock speed

[Citation needed]

>Boost clocks
>Factory OC

I know that Maxwell OCs well and AMD used the crowbar on its 480, but this is one of the most retarded baits I have ever seen on this board.

>It took AMD 2 YEARS to catch up with Maxwell architecture

>You're responding to a post which empirically proves you wrong, and you're still talking out of your ass.

let's review your post:

>The length of the pipeline has remained 8 stages. The pipeline is not the architecture, it is part of the architecture.

lets review the claim:

>GCN's pipeline hasn't changed since 1.0.

seems more like it's you who proved my right, thanks bro

>Clock per clock Ellesmere is monstrously more powerful than Tahiti,

[citation needed]

every review i've seen has only used the 1266mhz factory OCed variant of the 480, and all the 470 reviews use the 1200mhz factory OC clock. no reviewer has yet downclocked the 480 or 470 to the tahiti reference clock of 825mhz.

>That is entirely due to architectural advancements improving IPC generation over generation.

no, it's because AMD was able to push clocks higher out of the box due to the new process. they've made zero improvements outside of that.

Is every single person with a PC upgrading to these new cards? I haven't been able to find a 480 or 1060 since both launched. When I do find them, they're both $300.

>tech illiterate underage retard still shitposting

You claimed there hadn't been any improvement in IPC over Bonaire, Sea Islands, because the pipeline is the same length.
That statement is empirically false because IPC has increased, and again it shows you have literally no idea what a pipeline actually is.

>[Citation needed]

do your research, NVIDIA's reference never went on sale, the only '''reference''' cards all had custom PCBs and custom BIOS that removed the 1391mhz clock speed limit that the review cards had.

>That statement is empirically false because IPC has increased, and again it shows you have literally no idea what a pipeline actually is.

you are either shilling or the world's most delusional fanboy, IPC =/= clock speed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_per_cycle

IPC has not improved since GCN 1.0, only clock speed.

Depending on the pricing in your region, AMD's 470 made their 480 (partially) obsolete. The same might apply to the 1060, as long as it's similar priced to the 480.

>do your research

I'm not going to check up on your claims, you brought it up so do it yourself or shut the fuck up. If you cannot prove your own arguments then I assume you're just talking out of your ass.

>1266MHz
>Factory OCed

Repeating your bullshit doesn't make it true. That's just AMD's boost clock on the 480.

>grasping at straws now after roundly being shut down on every single point you tried to make
IPC, instructions per clock, have increased with every iteration of the GCN arch. Performance per clock has increased consistently. The Ellesmere die is monstrously more powerful per clock than Tahiti is.

The RX 470 is a binned die with 32CU. Its 32CU and 32ROPs just like Tahiti. Underclock it and it still outperforms the 7970 ghz by a huge margin.

>The RX 470 is a binned die with 32CU. Its 32CU and 32ROPs just like Tahiti. Underclock it and it still outperforms the 7970 ghz by a huge margin.

feel free to show some benchmarks that compare the 7970 and 480 clock for clock then.

Why can't they get the perspective on their boxes right?

I know they're just illustrations, not an actual box, but at least try.

It does outperform GTX 750Ti, slightly. Still, pretty disappointing.
Also Asus releases ROG version of 460 with 6-pin, holy fucking shit.
6-pin on a card, whole purpose of which is to offer cheap upgrade to low-power systems without the need of powerful PSU.
What the fuck is wrong with new AMD cards? You OC 'em +100mhz and their apower consumption jumps up +40W.
Meanwhile Palit Dual GTX750Ti came with factory overclock of 1200Mhz (+200Mhz compared to stock), and could overclock to 1355Mhz. And it didnt even have 6-pin connector.

>What the fuck is wrong with new AMD cards

On the 460 specifically, they've made a retarded decision to go with 14CUs only. The same amount as Bonaire, an already revised GCN iteration. On top of that, the 260X reference also clocked at 1100MHz, so there isn't even much room with the crowbar.

Not that 2CUs with 128Units could save it, but this 7% improvement might put it towards a 370, at least.

Then again, only 16ROPs and less bandwidth to Pitcairn...

As if the Polaris 11 cherry picks could save their mobile division alone. Then we also currently have the 470 shit show in europe. For fucks sake, AMD...

HBM2

It's probably $120, and it uses way less power, all that matters is that it's 20-30% faster in DX11 Vs a 750ti

>talk about the 460
>post the 470

The 750ti is not in production and is a legacy product derp. Not to mention this card is

moze se naci za 300 - 320 eur.

1 shekel has been deposited to you geforce experience account

x60 should be the same as the x70 as it always has been that way

eg 5970 and 6950

>people talking shit about RX 460
>I own an EVGA GTX 750
...kill me please

>can't even beat the GTX 950

baaaahahahahaha AMD IS BANKRUPT AND FINISHED
NVIDIA WINS IN ALL PRICE POINTS