I get a "you're banned" msg when posting on Sup Forums every now and then...

I get a "you're banned" msg when posting on Sup Forums every now and then, the ban is usually from long ago and for using a vpn/proxy, despite never having used one.

As soon as I read the message the ban expires.
Again though, this clearly wasn't me.
Is it possible this is due to my internet provider only using IPv6 and emulating IPv4?

yes

This happens all the time on wireless networks since your ISP doesn't provide a static IP. If it randomly assigns you an IP that was previously banned on Sup Forums for whatever reason, just reconnect and it'll give you a new one.

>ISP uses CGNAT
>Sometimes I'll be banned from posting because some little 12 year old bastard has posted something retarded on the same IP address
>IP addresses stay assigned for days at a time
Fuck those organisations that hoard IPV4 addresses

Yes, that's "carrier-grade NAT".

I'm surprised Sup Forums doesn't use IPv6 when it can, and ban via that (rangebans on /64 would be one obvious way). Static IPs are a lot more common on IPv6 blocks, and that would make the bans more effective.

reset your router / modem

I wouldn't sacrifice privacy for more effective bans.

Also fuck IPv6 in general, didn't it expose your MAC address?

What can you do with a MAC address anyway?

Why are it always the people with the least knowledge that spew the most bullshit?

Ive gotton this on both att and verison wireless, but never at my home network

Similiar problem, provider uses Dual-Stack lite, which means I share "my" IPv4 address with lots of other folks...

kys

If you forget to tumble it the first bytes will tell you the manufacturer of the interface. The next will be a serial number and then it is easy to find you. Big companies like Dell has everything logged and available given the service tag. The entire database should be assumed to be compromised.

I see. Thanks user

makes it easier to target the same machine across multiple networks

I get those too.

Some retard on my network LOVES shitposting on Sup Forums

I see. Thanks

If you're that worried about it, you'd just buy a cheapish laptop in cash.

Mines keeps posting ponyshit on /s4s/

>Change MAC address of the WAN interface
>Renew IP lease

>be in $600/night San Francisco hotel room
>ip already perma banned for shit posting

>be outside
>use 3g network
>ip is banned for posting CP