After being a burnout NEET where i haven't played a video game properly in 3 years...

After being a burnout NEET where i haven't played a video game properly in 3 years, i decided to give it another try to resurrect the passion.
Since i have limited neetbux saved up, i need a budget gamer pc, 1080p60fps is enough, dont need none of that VR garbage or 1440p gimmicks.
Radeon RX470 looks best performance to price, right?
What CPU should i get that won't bottleneck the rx470?
thanks brah.

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.co.uk/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-black-edition-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-with-backplate-gx-23a-xf.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sup Forums doesn't know shit about technology

Any i5 quad core pretty much.
Now go do research.

If you're somewhere where electricity is cheap, get a used build. Better bang for the buck.

>AMD
>Budget
there's no budget when your gpu fries your motherboard and psu

get a 1060

Get an fx 8350...for the price it is the superior option

i5 6500 or any haswell i5.

if super budget any ivy i7. i5 ivy can do but i7 is better for future multi-threaded games.

This. If you're on super budget mode consider an fx-6300 instead. I'm still rubbing one on my guest pc and it handles many 1080p60 games VERY well with an old HD 6870.

>spouting this bullshit still

dumb indian drawing poster

Right now I would go with an i5 6400 and a z170 motherboard capable of overclocking, 3200mhz ddr4 8gb(2x4gb sticks) since theyre only like $45, a ~$45 240gb ssd, RX 470 since you can actually get one at $200, and case/psu are up to you.

Alternatively to save money you can go i3 6100 and the z170, it won't bottleneck a rx 470.

To go even lower you can go i3 6100, cheap non-z170 motherboard, cheapest ddr4 sticks you can find, same ssd/gpu.

I'm about to build the first option in a few weeks.

ur waifu a shit

>le "everyone who disagrees with me is a shill, AMD a good boy he dindu nuffin" meme
For its "budget" performance AMD has a shit ton of inefficiences with power usage. This means if you use their shit with a budget PSU/Mobo you're in for a fried computer.

Even then, Intel and Nvidia have much better offerings even on the low end. I dont see OP doing hardcore amounts video encoding all day or playing Ashes of Singularity 24/7

>1060 10% faster than 470
>but costs 40% more

More like 1060 is 39% faster while costing 10% more.

>GTA
enjoy your shitty console port with gaymeworks

>Yeah but thats a Gameworks game!
>Yeah but that benchmarks by a paid shill!
>Yeah but that game just isnt optimized for muh Async and DX12!

The AMD victim complex knows no bounds

>Yeah but thats a DX12 game!
>Yeah but that benchmarks by a paid shill!
>Yeah but that game just isnt optimized for muh Pascal and DX11!

The Nvidia victim complex knows no bounds

If you can find a 470 in your budget, you should get it! It has no competitor on the Nvidia side just yet, If you want to wait, there will probably be a 1050 some day.

But the performance difference between the 1060/480 when looking at games people actually play (no project cars, no ashes) are quite similiar with both cards trading blows depending on the game engine and API. I expect this will be the same with the eventual 1050

How about you get a job and stop being a poorfag NEET. Also kill yourself while you are at it

I need a CPU and GPU and storage for $300. I was going to go rx 470 and 2500k for $300 but the 380x is $150 right now. I suppose I can use the HDD in this laptop for 2 weeks until I get another $80.

Should I go 380x over 470, saving $50, if I'm going to be playing:
Overwatch, Doom, WoW, ark, and rust?

The RX 470 is a joke, a bunch of AIB 470s prices overlap with the RX 480.

If you can find a RX 470 for under $180 then maybe it might be worth your while, but you should always choose the RX 480 when it costs $180 or above

How about i give you the finger and you give me my freedom.
I know my rights, you can't scare me with this social brainwashing crap.

Dont go for that ancient rebrand 380x. Cmon user have some dignity.

Intel core igetajobk

you cant mine crypto on a 1060.

Its not a rebrand you fucking mongoloid

Only Nvidiots dont need to do that because Nvidia is already the best.
The 1060 even wipes out the 480 in DX12 performance.

ok kid

Sure, at absolute minimum settings

Its 7 years old and out classed by a 750ti

mmmmm

lol

your in the used domain now. Watch your power supply, friend.

Let OP buy rx480. Hopefully he'd die for good in the future fire and stop leeching money.

it is rebrand though.

no its not now go back to Sup Forums

eh okay 7970=280x=380x

Is OP even still in this thread? Seems to me like he long fled

the 380x was a new gpu you fucking retard

okay pajeet whatever you say

retard

i'm still here, but i'm still unsure if i should get the rx480 or the 1060 as some try to persuade me...freaking shills trying to confuse me

Don't play yourself. Get nvidia card.

>using my waifu to shitpost
>is an nvidiashill

im going to find u and kill u mofo

see

Got a MSI 470 for $168 yesterday. I'd say it might be worth it even at $190, especially since the $200 will only get you a reference 4gb 480, which are pretty much unicorns. The 470 is a better over clocker than the 480, so they are pretty damn close when both are OCed.

If you're on a tight budget you probably should get a used 980ti/390. Afaik you can get them for ~250€ and they rape the 1060 and the 480, but they also draw more power, so you should take that into account, if electricity is expensive in your country.

>hitman
>warhammer
Literally amd games
>medium settings
LMAO

saved.

Also, I just picked up a Nitro Fury for $350. Because fuck waiting for muh nitro 480, right?

What's your exact budget? I'll try to throw something together within that range.

>After being a burnout NEET where i haven't played a video game properly in 3 years, i decided to give it another try to resurrect the passion.
This is extremely sad.

Sup Forums, what are some things a beginner could do with a small VPS?

(guy you'rer replying to)
Yep, I was looking at that as well, specifically because of the great idle powerdraw, no matter how many monitors.
Went with a 1070 because I don't have 2x8 power connectors on my 400W PSU and probably won't have enough dosh for a third monitor anyway (this time some 144HZ, 1440p bullshit with Free/G-Sync).

per-core throughput hasn't changed since GCN 1.0, tonga's only difference is that it can perform equally with less memory bandwidth thanks to DCC. it's still basically a rehash of gcn 1.0 (just as hawaii, fiji, and poolaris are)

overclockers.co.uk/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-black-edition-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-with-backplate-gx-23a-xf.html

I know sweet FA about xfx what are they like?

Yeah I went overboard on that and grabbed an Asus mx25aq for $490. Not sure what I was thinking but it'll last me till I replace my next card at least.
I went crazy on my PSU too, Thermaltake 850W Gold+ for $70 after MIR. But it ended up DOA. Should be getting the replacement on friday along with the gpu and screen.

I didn't mean to blow so much but I didn't have a plan going into this, plus after seeing my cousin's 1440p one too many times I had to have one.

>buying a fury non-x for $350 when a used 980ti is cheaper and 30-40% faster

Games and gaming industry is dead and has never been this bad. Only nu male shit and some gay press 1 button to win games. Soon they are going to pay for alpha test of games where the game plays itself so you don't have to even interract with it at all.

DOOM is pretty fun
Dark Souls 3 is worth a try too

or OP can just emulate ps2 games, but cant use a AMD card for that

I honestly think that a 1440p monitor is a way better investment than a 500€/$ gpu.
The monitor will be good until it dies, even if you just use it as a second monitor by then, but the GPU will go to shit with time.

Never understood why people are buying the most expensive hardware and skimp on the peripherals. They last MUCH longer and are usefull even in idle.

Is that because of Open GL? If so then fuck it I will get a 1060 because I got my worth out of a 750ti on emulation alone.

I know the Dolphin team are giving DX 12 a whack.

So I've had a 380 for a while now, but it chugs a bit on newer games. Looking to upgrade to something that can handle modern games at 1080, I was thinking about just getting a 1070 but I'm not sure if that's the best performance/$ wise

Fug. I don't have the smarts or balls to play the used market. Don't want to get shafted as life loves to do.

Thank you, I feel like I made a better choice then. I've been on a hpG62 laptop for close to 4 years and need something good. My old Acer AL2016W was bought secondhand in 2010 and was last used in 2011, going through several northern winters in a storage unit and garage. Still works pretty well to this day!

I was thinking about the people that buy the newest Titan card every year. It's not exactly dumb if they sell it to trade up for another one and take a loss, so instead of throwing away $1000 a year it's more like $400-$500; which is a much better deal than simply buying a new $500 GPU year after year. Honestly if I had a career and was established then I'd do the same exact thing because I wouldn't have the time to OC and screw around like I do now.

Or you'd realise that most current gen games aren't to your liking anymore and just play some stardew valley. At least that's what I do with my 1070...
Well I'm looking forward to Dishonored 2 I guess and play some UT (the new one). But other than that I couldn't care less. Been looking for a fast singleplayer shooter some time now, had high hopes for that borderland reskin, but it's just as slow as the original so fuck that.

>amdrone
>shit waifu
sums up

Yeah probably something like that. I'd probably go casual and get back into nintendo because I loved them when I was younger.
I skipped the 360/One though so I'm completely spellbound by the new Farcry and DOOM. Battlefield 1 looks alright and has me kinda excited but I'll be damned if I pay full retail for it.
Not to mention the season pass meme that every fucking game is shilling too.

They also plan on trying Vulkan, so don't kill your hopes yet.

You two have summed up my fear that I'd spend all this time agonising and then go back to emulating F Zero but in higher resolution.

are you still a NEET? Maybe you should look for another hobby than video games, try going outside more, try getting a job, try getting a life. Playing video games all day and not doing anything productive comes with a huge opportunity cost. Playing video games now and then for pleasure and fun, sure, but it shouldn't be your main focus of life or your main activity, especially when you're older.

You should get i5 6600K with an aftermarket cooler so that you can overclock it.

Emulating stuff in higher resolution is really one of THE advantages of a faster GPU. Funny thing is, FF12 actually looks better than 13 that way.
That model of Ashe in high resolution could easyly be from a PS4 launchtitle (of which there were none).
I guess I'll buy Dragons Dogma soon, but even my dead 7870 could've played that one... Also I think I'll mod Skyrim once more, since my 7870 wasn't powerfull enough for a decent ENB at 1440p and the horrible lightning @stock always bothered me a lot.

The way I see it is as follows:
If I want to I can. And I'm ok with paying for that.

True true. Which is why I usually for makes with a good warranty as I do intend keeping them for 4 years.

How are XFX in the UK?

I have no fucking idea. I just know, that their cooling solutions were god awful the past few years. I'd probably go with MSI/Asus, as they offer 3 years of warranty, while I'd go with Zotac (5years) or EVGA (upgradeable to 5/10 years) if you want nVidia.

Only problems with an XFX 380x i've had are the fan noise at idle. Looking forward to this one.

Yeah, I had my eye on EVGA if I imported one as I could pay for an international warranty.

I'll wait for reviews anyway, it'll be bloody September before I get one of these, 1060 Zotac Amps are ready to buy but I don't want impatience to cut my options.

Oh also, one of you ever played Dear Esther?
It pretty much runs on every potato and looks absolutely gorgeos. It's a pretty good example of how wasteful programers are these days with the ressources of modern systems. Good lighting, even static, a nice Skybox and good atmosphere can make the most awefull textures look great (and they are pretty bad in this case).

Of course it's a walking simulator, but still. If I have a look at a new AC for example, which has all those highly consuming features, I still think it looks -way- worse than Dear Esther.
I highly recommend playing it once (it's pretty short, an hour or something of "play" time), it's quite baffling to see how much money you have to burn, so some developers can hide their inability.
I have no idea whether their warranty works if you have to import it. Whether to get a 1060/480 really depends on your estimates. Do you think you'll be playing a lot of DX 12/Vulcan games? Get the 480. In my case, I'm rather set with DX 11 and lower, so I went nVidia this time.

Yeah it does, I checked when I was bugging my friend to help me.

Get a 1060. It will last much longer and perform much better.

Alright, then I think it's a great investment

>It will last much longer
Tell that to Kepler owners. (and soon Maxwell owners too)

Genuine question? How come people attest to the longevity of the 560 and 660?

>NEET
>"I need a gaming PC."

Pottery.

>1060
>400Mhz, 25% overclock
>not even 5 more FPS

see

Pascal cant overclock worth shit and gets terrible gains, its well documented.

Get an rx480 and let the AMD magic fry your motherboard
then youll have 2 choices since no computer or money to get one
>Stop being a leech on society
>Off yourself

either way itll be better than where you are now

"Thank you Captain Obvious", I'd say that, but you're far too stupid for me to feel good about myself if I did.

Nvidia cards always last longer because they have better support and the hardware is much higher quality.

>still repeating this meme
It was fixed long time ago, and you can just get a non-reference card if you want to be safe.

2 cents have been deposited to you account

Buying AMD is on the same level as buying Chink shit, there's bound to be a problem.

But even if it does ruin his computer, OP can work his way up to a proper Intel/Nvidia system

He asked for advice not social commentary.

I was thinking more was it bus width or what not had changed.

nice meme

look at pic related, no they dont

95% of everything (eletronics) we buy is made in China or Taiwan, do yo have a point or are you just practicing your terrible scripts?