Tfw another bug introduced in 16.04 versions of Ubuntu

>tfw another bug introduced in 16.04 versions of Ubuntu

nice

>permission denied
>bug
fuck off

It is like that out of the box, so it's a bug. Why should I have to fix their mundane mistakes with chmod myself? If I wanted to fix my OS, I'd use Arch.

>using a GUI frontend for a package manager
I don't understand why people use these

Because regular people don't want to know how to use the terminal to do basic things on a computer.

Use it when searching for something I can't remember the name for. Otherwise I use apt.

Normal people don't use Linux, dude. It's for serious nerds or at least people who WANT to be nerds.

Linux still sucking balls I see.

Let's try again in 2017.

if you can't put "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade" on a post it note and type it in now and then I have no idea what to tell you, and I'm surprised you're smart enough to turn a computer on, let alone have an opinion about operating systems

>using ubuntu
thats your mistake. install a real distro like rhel/centos or debian stable

>regular people don't want to know how to use the terminal
These should stick to sucking Microsoft's cock and paying for it

>sudo !!
fixed

>debian

Don't want to spend so much time setting up all the extra packages I would need and config for basic operating system performance. Plus proprietary wifi drivers are a bitch to get unless you connect through ethernet.

Because that's just dumb when you can click "software updater" ...just as quick.

>Don't want to spend so much time setting up all the extra packages I would need and config for basic operating system performance
you don't need to do a netinstall, just choose the image with your DE of choice, everything is setup and configured for you

> Plus proprietary wifi drivers are a bitch to get unless you connect through ethernet.
or, you could just use the nonfree install image with the proprietary drivers included

I have tried Debian with XFCE. There are little things that don't work because of it being a pure vanilla install of XFCE.

>Noobuntu
Kek

Install Gentoo brainlet

Because not everyone is l33t like your awesome self.

Nice for surfing.

>regular people
>having any idea what a package manager is

>16.04
It's so bad and buggy. I'm considering switching to Fedora.

Those people are better off using Windows or OSX to be honest

It's not that we *can't*, it's that we don't *want to*

Mundane shit should be fittingly obvious, quick and discoverable. Opening a terminal and typing commands, having to look shit up on google and in manuals, etc is 0% user-friendly, 0% discoverable (GUIs just lay things out for you) and too much work for something that should hardly even be a user's concern.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Slackware doesn't have this problem.

It can't be fixed though

Ubuntu is really letting themselves go.

Maybe Debian should jump in and try to conquer the "user friendly" market. They're halfway there already and they don't really have a specific market, except the "people who hate every other distro" one.

It's basically the opposite (start as root, try to DROP privileges to avoid issues from installing shit while privileged - the operation is supposed to work but doesn't because lolbuntu)

They do because they have phones.

>If I wanted to fix my OS, I'd use Arch
Its a lot easier to maybe dedicate some time to configuration and dont have problem afterwards than being a lazy cunt and opening threads like this

Arch prevents you from installing anything whatsoever if you don't want your system to break. Manjaro doesn't have this problem.

>bluffing "tfw"
Show your face, kiddo.

>permission denied.
pretty much sums up my ubuntu experience...