Which university degree would make me learn how to build mechas/exoskeletons/cyborg implementation?

>inb4 meme thread
serious question, come on, i ve never been so serious in my life.

I was thinking about biomedical engineering for cyborg stuff and mechanical engineering for exoskeletons, or something like that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XVJTGLL2SnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

grow up and realize you're not living in a video game

/thread

>[ ] Are you at least 18 years old?

thanks for the laugh

?

Money

Not OP, but there is literally nothing unrealistic about building mechs/robotics:

You probably won't be able to learn it at a university in 1 degree.

You would most likely need to do it all in your own time.

You need to study mechanics for the physics behind the suit, electrical for all the motors and wiring, computer for all the coding.

exoskeletons and mechanical body parts are one of the few rising tech topics of the last 10 years, why would you say it s bait?

Doing a phd in . Sorry kiddo, but you don't get to do any of the fun stuff until grad school. You won't learn shit in a master degree, you gotta do a phd.

I'd probably go to school for both mechanical engineering and at least minor in material sciences. You'd also have to have some programming in your background as well.

There is no one degree since building a mecha/exoskeleton would require people from various fields of science.

If you choose one, materials science would probably unlock a lot of doors in prototype technologies.

You're basically covering every field in engineering depending on the role it's supposed to fill...

This so much.

Do something you like to do like everyone else. Maybe EE, maybe physics, maybe ME, maybe it's something biomedical like you said. Maybe just robotics. But the important part: Pick something that interests you.

And then, after you are done with that, you can see whether you can look into some project that interests you. If you believe that there is a degree that 100% prepares you to do one single thing, then grow up. Even if you have a finished degree you STILL need months to get into a new project, need to read up on stuff, learn new skills etc.

>learn to program (will make your job much easyer and give you many other opportunities)
>learn from literally all other fields of engineering and biology
>you will need to be well finances
>and you will need a team
that's my plan anyway
i went to uni for mechanical, and they started teaching me electornic, chemical, etc as well. but i quickly realized this is not what i'm looking for, so now i'm doing IT instead. still plan on moving on to mechanical hearths etc in the future

You have no idea how many fields does this idea touch and how many people would be actually needed and how many years of research and work, to actually produce working prototype.

It sounds and looks cool in comic books to have one genius to make such suit, but reality is far more brutal.

Want to actually take part, assuming it wont be made before you would end your several years education process? Focus on one field and try to solve one of thousand problems faced by millitary in related research. Mentioned power source for example.

Even if you somehow manage to solve a single problem, I assure you that you will still feel damn proud.

Sadly, times of single or few people research groups making redefining discoveries are long gone.

It's kind of irrelevant because you'll never get $100 billion dollars in funding to research something with little to no practical use.

>little to no practical use.
militaries would pay out the ass

if the world's biggest minds couldnt do it by far with government and military founding what makes you think you would be able to do it?

and what would power it?

A mecha would weigh more than a tank or helicopter ever would and its movements would be based on god knows how many gears moving back and forth to walk. It's impractical. not just from a fighting standpoint but also energy consumption.

>if neanderthals couldn't do it neither can you
知りません