Wow thanks for the tip microsoft

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXM_9htPlRY
stratigery.com/msft.shilling.html
cosmicpenguin.com/linux/MICROSOFTS_WAR_AGAINST_LINUX.html
furiousfanboys.com/2013/06/microsoft-caught-astroturfing-reddit-to-praise-xbox-one/
techrights.org/2007/11/23/astroturfing-microsoft-examples/
forbes.com/sites/curtissilver/2016/08/04/windows-10-chrome-edge-battery/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>shitty """"""screenshot""""""
I sure hope that is just bait

You look underage OP, this is an 18+ website.

You
You obviously don't know how to use a computer so you might as well

Your mom looks underage

I tired pressing the power button and volume button at the same time, but it wouldn't screenshot.

Fuck off, with your shit-tier bait

>taking a picture of your screen

You seem to be confused. This is the tech forum and not Sup Forums. Also, if you don't understand why that popup is actually true just check your computer off a bridge.

they may be shilling their browser but this is true, it still misses some features and wider customization, so, battery life is the only reason anyone would want to use edge

>yfw Windows passive aggressively drains your battery 36% faster when using competitor software to encourage you to switch

>Implying this is anything but an Australian surf board

Edge has most of the mainstream extensions at this point. I think you're overestimating your average computer user.

Wait until you find out about Safari's battery life in OSX!

this board is getting more and more paranoid since win10

Are you seriously implying this is something that hasn't been done?

>conspiracy theory
>implying Google Chrome is not the worst optimized piece of shit browser out there.
>mfw still use it because of addons and overall performance.

>browser is literally part of the OS
>using the same resources as a bloated piece of shit browser where every single part of it uses up its own individual resources

>Microsoft gets caught doing this
>class action lawsuit
>ordered to buy new batteries for tens of millions of laptop users and pay their electricity bills going back years
>Microsoft goes bankrupt

Finally, the age of the Linux desktop draws near!

>Are you seriously implying this is something that hasn't been done?
well, you may enlighten me, but in this case it's certainly isn't true, as i can attest to it as i've used chrome on 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, my battery always died around 4 hours of usage in with only chrome open

youtube.com/watch?v=tXM_9htPlRY

>doesn't have an data about edges battery life usage to compare

Are you really that retarded?

Is that a fucking booger on your monitor, you disgusting degenerate?

actually there are two of them

Yeah... I have involuntary nasal ejection syndrome.

the matrix wallpaper gave it away, better luck next time OP.

>doesn't have an data about edges battery life usage to compare
why should i, the point was that he thinks that other browsers may use more battery life to encourage switching to edge, and i have attested that chrome does in fact have the same battery usage as in older versions of os, edge's batttery usage is irrelevant

What are you smoking? The claim isn't that Chrome runs any worse in Windows 10 than it does in previous versions of Windows. You're talking about something completely different than what the thread is about.

read

>even giving a shit about this post

To be more accurate:

Chrome is only stealing *most* of the data you pass through it. Switch to Edge to be fully cucked.

>>implying Google Chrome is not the worst optimized piece of shit browser out there.

Takes a Firefox user to be this deluded.

Be careful a tab doesn't crash, it'll take your browser with it. Something Chrome solved 6 years ago.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me.

stratigery.com/msft.shilling.html
cosmicpenguin.com/linux/MICROSOFTS_WAR_AGAINST_LINUX.html
furiousfanboys.com/2013/06/microsoft-caught-astroturfing-reddit-to-praise-xbox-one/
techrights.org/2007/11/23/astroturfing-microsoft-examples/

Nope.
forbes.com/sites/curtissilver/2016/08/04/windows-10-chrome-edge-battery/

>optimization has to do with crashing

Lolwut. Optimization is resource use. Objectively FF uses less resources and that's only changed in the latest version with actually uses different processes for every tab. Which is only enabled for 1% of users who updated.
Do not that this doesn't mean FF isn't shit. It is.

>2007
>2003
>stratigery
>cosmicpenguin

What the fuck am I reading. Microsoft is literally working with Linux devs and the platform itself more than they ever have.

MS has a long history on doing this kind of stuff, not that they're the devil but is the kind of people you should be wary of.

This seems like a fairly standard practice for large companies. Why do Linux users take this personally? Microsoft is literally helping Linux market share grow these days.

>This seems like a fairly standard practice for large companies.
It is.

>Why do Linux users take this personally?
Depends on the person but generally not, i'm just pointing the history microsoft has, including the famous EEE.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
MS is the one who decided to implement this kind of anticompetitive practices, it's effective in the short term but in the long term it may have consequences. Forget about the linux or mac users, think for a moment how potential business parthners should think about microsoft.

>Microsoft is literally helping Linux market share grow these days.
Even if true is at least good to know how those people plays, they'll need to do a lot of good deeds to make people to forget about their past douchery.

>Even if true is at least good to know how those people plays, they'll need to do a lot of good deeds to make people to forget about their past douchery.

The tech industry moves to fast for this sort of thinking and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't deserve to be relevant.

>The tech industry moves to fast for this sort of thinking and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't deserve to be relevant.
Ok, if you say so i respect your opinion but let's hope potential business partners, competitors thinks the same as you. To be honest at this point microsoft is a lot like the kid who cried "wolf". If you want to trust and support them go for it.

If you take a look at what sort of business deals actually happen in the real world companies literally don't care about what happened x number of years ago. They care about right now and the future. Only idiots on internet forums actually care about decades of history and "ethics" for business practices.

> Only idiots on internet forums actually care about decades of history and "ethics" for business practices.

Ok, as i said if you think the past it's not important i respect your opinion, however to this point you hardly have given a counterargument to the fact that MS has a long history on using unethical practices against their competitors. Look again at what you wrote and what does it imply and think for a moment if it's reasonable. If you would ignore any piece of past evidence when you make a decision it's up to you but think about this:

how you came to the conclusion that "Only idiots on internet forums actually care about decades of history and "ethics" for business practices"?

If your answer is that you came to that conclusion based on your past experience then you're contradicting yourself.

If we use your logic what if in the past only idiots used to care, but as the past doesn't matter, you cannot say for sure that in the present and the future the people who cares are idiots. Maybe in the present and the future those who cares are not idiots.

Now consider that business decisions are serious matters that you cannot just take lightly, if the past doesn't matter why companies asks for a curriculum and a proof of no criminal record?

They literally got sued for being a monopoly and lost. No one is arguing that Microsoft hasn't done some shady shit. I'm just arguing the relevancy of it in 2016. No one cares like people on the internet do.

>I'm just arguing the relevancy of it in 2016. No one cares like people on the internet do.
This is an interesting claim but i'll let each reader to draw their own conclusions. I'm not saying that people should never forgive microsoft or that they should be hated or something like that but, do we want to just blindly repeat the past multiple times?

They're right you know

>matrix background
I bet you smoke weed and browse reddit

Of course not. I've just observed that companies change practices frequently. Often dictated by a combination of who is leading the company and who is on the board. We're not in the Ballmer days anymore. Hell, if we were talking smartphones and not operating systems then I'd say that these changes happen even faster.

I mean its not wrong you know......

>touch screen
>fucking dirt near "touchsmart"
*puke*

Ok, fair enough, i remain skeptic though. I haven't liked recent microsoft's policies in general but let's hope you're right.