It's shit.

>current year
>not owning a thinkpad t420

>14" screen
no

>core i7 vs core m
what a fucking joke

>stinkpad

dell is squishy plastic running a shitty os.

mac is smooth air craft grade aluminum, running an os that's actually been optimized

>he has to look at the keyboard when he types

>he has to make shit up to defend his shitty laptop

>not just overlaying the screen directly onto your optical cortex
>not just reading the keypresses directly from your brain instead of antique analog input devices

oh, I'm sorry i made assumptions. Instead of looking at the keyboard you were squinting at a tiny screen between those pig fat bezels.

The fuck are you on about? Fucking retard.

I like being able to open my laptop without touching the display area.

And you can

not for battery life

why are you so angry? is it because you're paying $1300 for core m?

>using hardware released in 2008

I don't have a MacBook you fucking twat

jfc, worst thread so far this summer.

Yes, with my Mac.

And any other laptop on the market

I don't really care if my laptop has big bezels. What difference does it make really?

Smaller bezel = larger screen for a laptop of the same size

Except the one in OP's pic that is not a Mac.

That one included.

Nah

10/10 rebuttal, user. You're captain of the debate team, aren't you?

How does a laptop being thin help you in any way, shape, or form? How would having a textbook thick laptop obstruct you from using it?

>muh battery life

The battery life is within 10% between the two devices yet the performance gains of the i7 over the Core M are over 100%.

Honest question Sup Forums, I am looking at buying an ultrabook, and am leaning toward the XPS 13.

Should I buy? Or can I get something better (not heavier though) for ~$900-1000

So if you don't need any more performance than the Core M you're getting 10% less battery life for absolutely fucking nothing.

>captain of the debate team
fucking loser

im a macfag and I was already using thin bezels in 2001

explain youself, wintard

you don't have to hide it anymore

What the fuck are you talking about?

>the old "you don't need more processing power" argument

Anything more than browsing Facebook benefits the increased processing power.

>the old "if he doesn't need beefy specs it's for Facebook" argument
It's a laptop. Battery life > power. Anything I do that's remotely intensive is done either remotely or on a desktop.

Just because battery life > power, that doesn't mean performance of the devices should move backwards.

That's my point, I'm not arguing that battery life isn't important, but sacrificing over half of the already existing performance just so you can say you got an extra hour of battery life is plain stupid.

>sacrificing over half of the already existing performance just so you can say you got an extra hour of battery life is plain stupid
Not when you don't need the additional performance.

Yeah, screw all those people who worked so hard to ensure the progress of microprocessor technology and processing power.

How fucking retarded are you?

>ad hominem

Stay classy Sup Forums.

Not that guy, but those same people also worked hard to make processors smaller, cooler, and more energy efficient. We hit the point where for the average person (who uses an internet browser and microsoft office for 99% of their computing needs) the gains in productivity from faster processors are slim to none awhile ago. Right now the best thing processor manufacturers can do to make humans more productive is making their products more power efficient, freeing up resources (money spent on electricity) for elsewhere.

The dell has smaller bezels but the ones on the macbook are hardly thicc. They are smaller than the average for sure. I still would prefer the macbook simply because its 16:10