Nvidia might be fucked, their entire line up of new GTX cards are causing DPC issues...

Nvidia might be fucked, their entire line up of new GTX cards are causing DPC issues. Which means micro stutters despite getting good FPS in benchmarks and such. Video and audio playback issues, etc.

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/941579/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering/

Unknown at this time if it's possible to fix it via a driver or not, a hot fix didn't seem to fix it for most.

If you want to test your system get latencymon and run it: resplendence.com/downloads

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/63033/gigabyte-radeon-rx-460-windforce-2x-performance-leaked
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4wh8jc/msi_officially_announces_gtx_1070_quality/
gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2536-do-not-use-amd-16-7-3-driver-corruption-and-crashes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Procedure_Call
nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4202/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-368.95
sys.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been gaming on a 1080 for a month now and haven't seen anything unuaual

/Anecdote

I'm on a 1070 right now, no stuttering whatsoever

Post your latencymon results.

Would u be upset if you bought gigabit internet, but were getting 150 ping on all servers? Yet you didn't really notice it because you got used it.

delete this

Run latencymon and post your results then.

HAHAHAHA BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

IGNORANT FOOL......... YOU WONT POST YOUR DPC LATENCY BECAUSE ITS SHIT AND YOUD RATHER BE IGNORANT TO THE EPIC FAIL YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY ON

HAHAHAHAHA DRONE HAHAHA FAGGOT HAHAHA

ENJOY YOUR BUYERS REMORSE

ENJOY YOUR ARTIFICIAL ENJOYMENT

ENJOY YOUR SHIT GPU

you play csgo and have never done anything in ur life but make big memes. what would you know

DPC problems usually affect time critical applications such as audio/visual stuff. Music production typically uses low latency drivers such as ASIO. If DPC latency is high these time critical applications will stutter.

I use a DJ mixing and streaming application called Virtual DJ (also tried Serato DJ but didn't like it as much). Low DPC Latency is a must and if I was running Pascal as a GPU and it caused stuttering it would be going back to the retailer.

As always. YMMV.

AYYMDPOORFAGS lying as usual

Poolaris is underperforming and even Poolaris 11 is slower than a GTX 950 75W

videocardz.com/63033/gigabyte-radeon-rx-460-windforce-2x-performance-leaked

>1 topic on people having problems
>Nvidia might be fucked, their entire line up of new GTX cards are causing DPC issues

How fucking dumb are you OP?

If it's high enough you'll see stuttering on video streaming and stuff like that. Multiple reports of it happening on new GTX cards.

>dpc latency OFF THE FUCKING CHARTS

HAHAHAHAHA FAGGOT

KYS

>tfw picked up a cheap aftermarket 980ti

This is almost always a driver issue. Nvidia will fix it eventually.

Go search reddit and google, tons of reports even after the July hotfix, across entire set of GTX cards.

>go search for problems and you will find them

No shit, same go's for AMD cards

Still better than amd

What is the name of this program so I can test my amd card .

I don't want to cause trouble

>go's

There is no DPC issues for most people

Only small minority of affected users will make the loudest noise

Could be an inherent problem, MSI already recalling all 1070s made in China.

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4wh8jc/msi_officially_announces_gtx_1070_quality/

This is a non-issue!!

Post your results then.

gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2536-do-not-use-amd-16-7-3-driver-corruption-and-crashes

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

Stop wasting our time! Millions of 1080 have no such reports!

Post results then from latencymon, if you even have a new GTX card.

INTEL SAVE US

>video streaming
>real-time
Just get the fuck out.

>Millions of 1080 have no such reports!
>Millions

Under 500,000 units of 1080s have ever been produced...

>ITT: people who have only learned about DPC latency just today but are excited anyway because they now have a new buzzword to throw around

lmao wtf? I'm skipping this gen!!! Intel HD ftw!!!

Wtf i hate amd now

DPC issues have existed for a long time caused my different hardware, wtf are you talking about.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Procedure_Call

many*

>ITT: people who have only learned about DPC latency just today but are excited anyway because they now have a new buzzword to throw around

Nonshill sites have been testing dpc latency for years.

That's pretty much the drawback of those insane clockspeeds running a few thousand ALUs, there's always a drawback with IC design

>still 17 posters
>samefagging his thread this hard

Well I got a evga gtx 1070 recently.

latency program shows some minor issues?

You got the wrong guy.

>17

fixed in 368.95
nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4202/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-368.95

amd imbecile loser poorshit. I hope your mother dies soon

Good thing I'm buying a 1080ti/Vega/Volta which won't have this problem

Well it looks like it's time to feed my pet crab Mr snippy

>their entire line up of new GTX cards are causing DPC issues
all their cards have dpc issues since forever.

Wait for Navi.

It's a conspiracy theory.

sys.Sup Forums.org/g/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=55976679

let's clean Sup Forums

>nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4202/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-368.95

Go read the thread, hot fix never fixed it for most people.

Nvidia is fully aware of the issue, they haven't been able to fix it since July.

People say maybe a driver in mid August will do it, but no one is hopeful.

GeForce Hot Fix driver version 368.95

This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 368.95 that addresses the following:

- Fixed DPC latency bug on Pascal GPUs.

Someone make an anti AMD thread we Don't have one up now ans i'm on my phone

slit your throat loser

ILL WAIT FOR YOUR MOTHER IN YOUR BED RETARD

Well she won't be getting into my bed, because I don't live with her and she very, very rarely visits.
You'll be waiting a damn long time. [spoiler]just like most of us AMD fags.[/spoiler]

So go to the thread and complain about it. This is not Sup Forumsraphics card manufacturer fanboi wars. A DPC latency issue does not "prove" AMD the winner of anything. If you're not doing real-time work it doesn't affect you so why the hell are you talking about it? What's next, are you going to complain about the Pentium 4 FDIV bug?

why in gods fuck would anyone benchmark on lawbreakers

That has nothing to do with latency, sounds like bad components on the MSI cards.

>im so butthurt
>maybe if i close my eyes it will go away

im not seeing any shekells my nigga

Im not falling for your jewish lies AMD!

surprised? They are called nvidiots for a reason.

>the Toyota Camry's jack is slightly harder to use than the one included with the Honda Accord. TOYOTA IS OVER AND FINISHED!
Stop shitting up the board with manufactured scandals.

I can feel that rage... seriously pause and reconsider your life when you feel so offended when people point out flaws in a companies product. At that point, you need to start asking yourself why you'd care so much about a fucking brand.

what the fuck analogy was that?

Nvidia's 1000 series have DPC issues. AMD's 400 series do not. Your analogy fails.

Drivers lol

If you're not doing real-time work it doesn't matter. You're seriously in here racing consumer gaming cards over their usability in an audio production workstation.

underrated post

Yes frame times are kinda bad on a GTX 1080
about 1200us

Nvidia said they found the issue and the patch will be in the next driver.

They said it had to do with power settings

POWER NERFS INCOMING

ENJOY YOUR SHITTY CARDS NVIDIOTS

RX470 FOR LIFE

Am I cucked? 980Ti and 6700K @ 4.5GHz.

it's like ur not even trying.

Must be serious, given how desperately nvidia shills are attempting.

NVIDIOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>i can feel the foam forming at your mouth

would there not be other factors as well? like drivers for other devices and power management? also what about motherboard as well?

Nvidia said it had to do with power management and boost 3.0

Wew forum post is posted back in June, There was one brand of card it affected and a fix was issued.... you need to catch up

well my 1080 still has the issue.
the hotfix helps a lot but it's still there

My 1080 doesnt so guess you got the Brand it affected, also strang how it fixed everyone else

T-thanks n-nvidia.

Well I don't have anything to compare it to, but here are the results for my 660 on the latest Nvidia drivers.

It's just another AMDtard trying to cause trouble.

AMD is a failing company and all their products are awful, so these guys have to do anything they can to try to make Nvidia look bad.

It's really pathetic, but what are you gonna do, they're bottom feeders.

>latency issues
>performance

Nice damage congrol, shill

mine is a MSI seahawk with a factory EK waterblock.
why would a software issue affect different brands?

This. I always do extensive benchmarks and such on games when I get a new card and my 1080 has been working better than anything I have had to date. No microstutters, good performance, stable temperatures, surprisingly low power draw consider how good it is and so on. Worth every penny.

Software issue? then why didnt my card have issues as well as the majority of others?
Also the fix has been in ages so if you are still having issues then you have a fucked card.

t. shillington

I would like to purchase either a 1060 or 480 but neither have been in stock anywhere. Either the card disappears from my cart because people are buying them up in less than 2 minutes, or retailers are selling them for over $300 which defeats the purpose of buying a budget $200 card.

How much longer do I have to wait until these cards are actually launched for real?

I bought a gigabyte g1 1070. Just checked the memory with gpu-z and I got samsung memory =).

gigabyte = quality.

some brutal samefagging in here today

So theres no problem for a midrange card like 1060?

some brutal damage control in here today

i don't think this is hardware related at all.
reason: the latency goe to normal if i disable the Nvidia driver.
re-enable and it goes up

>20-25 us

End of the world!

Same with my Asus. Feels good man.

Like the AMD power draw was a non-issue Nvidiot? Two can play at that game.

>*** BUT THIS REALLY IS A NON-ISSUE! IT >DOES NOT AFFECT ME! I DON'T NOTICE >ANYTHING WRONG! MY NVIDIA GPU IS >PERFECT! ***

Just like the AMD power draw was a non-issue right Nvidiots?

Suck it up fags.